Event Feedback

When i turned up for the Gillian Anderson photo shoot the poor guy trying to get people to move back as they were crowding the area, you could tell his voice was going, he was shouting them to move behind the pillars over and over and the people hanging about were paying no attention to what he was saying.

Mabye a megaphone would of been useful to get people to listen and tell people to move back and what tickets numbers are queing.

Metal barriers would be a good idea to physically keep the queueing in one place.

Thank you Showmasters. My Family and i had a Great time at LFCC. Fab Guests and it was very well organised. Staff and crew were friendly and helpful. We got lost a few times but staff were always happy to help. Staff were also good where photo clashes occurred so that was a relief. Highlights were meeting Craig Parker, the best £15 ive ever spent, he chatted to each person for about 5 mins and allowed photo's at the table. He is soooo lovely. John Simm was also a lovely guy...oh there were so many actually! We had loadsa fun and would just like to thank the organisers. Long may these events continue! :) :) :)

Oh theres only one wee negative & that was the clambering for photo collection. People were stood at the tables waiting for the new batch to arrive and not actually looking to pick up any of the photo's already on the table. They wouldnt budge either to allow anyone else to look. So rude! Maybe a one way system could be put in place(roped off) where people have to keep moving round as they look not standing still.

But apart from that BRILLIANT EVENT! :) :) :)

Jeri and Adam both personalised for me and I went up to Hayden 3 times, and she personalised each time :smile:

I missed out on Jeri personalising as I went first thing in the morning and she only started doing it later in the day. Real pity but she was still lovely and I'm very happy I met her. A couple of others didn't either, possibly because I was talking to them and forgot to ask or distracted them from asking but no real complaints as they were all great to meet anyway.

I think you were misled chuck - I got Jeri's at about 9.30 and was offered a personalisation. I said no as it was on a cast shot that Robert Picardo had already written my name on, but I was definitely asked whilst my pre paid ticket was being scribbled on (and again at the desk, I think). It sucks that you wanted it and weren't offered whilst I turned it down!

• Moderators

I don't think anyone expects every crew member to know every last detail about an event. As long as they're polite and either check with someone else close to them, or direct you elsewhere to someone who can help, I think that's all we can ever ask.

Jeri and Adam both personalised for me and I went up to Hayden 3 times, and she personalised each time :smile:

I missed out on Jeri personalising as I went first thing in the morning and she only started doing it later in the day. Real pity but she was still lovely and I'm very happy I met her. A couple of others didn't either, possibly because I was talking to them and forgot to ask or distracted them from asking but no real complaints as they were all great to meet anyway.

I think you were misled chuck - I got Jeri's at about 9.30 and was offered a personalisation. I said no as it was on a cast shot that Robert Picardo had already written my name on, but I was definitely asked whilst my pre paid ticket was being scribbled on (and again at the desk, I think). It sucks that you wanted it and weren't offered whilst I turned it down!

Interesting as I heard she only started doing it in the afternoon. I was gold so went to Gillian first who of course was personalising much to my surprise, and then Jeri straight after. Must have been done with both well before 9:30. Darn. I'm not angry about it, a liitle peeved maybe having found out she was personalising as I do prefer it.

I only found out from here after I got home. If I'd know at the time, or even noticed, I might have gone back through.

Ah well, still got two nice autographs and met her which is the main thing. I always try to think of personalisation as a bonus but can't help feel a little down about this but I'll get over it as I met so many great guests, hung out with some cool people and spent far, far too much money but it was well worth it :)

• Like 2

Very disappointed with the photos taken on Saturday (Jewel Staite, Adam Baldwin and Kevin Sorbo) - think they were all taken at photo area C. The lighting was absolutely appalling and everyone looked like absolute corpses! It wasn't very flattering for the guests , and Jewel Staite was the only one who.looked like she still had a pulse!

I had a Jewel Staite one and we've both got rosey cheeks but not looking flushed or anything (which is definitely how I felt, I can tell you). I normally HATE photos of myself but I really like this one. I don't think we looked like corpses at all. My friend also had a Jewel Staite one and he looked pretty good in it (although don't tell him I said so lol) I'm hoping my Brian Krause one comes out as good.

The good: free wifi, the Iron Throne, the chap who re-arranged the time of the MTG tournament so that my little boys could take part.

The bad: massive gap between guests doing talks and the front row of seating, and leaving an excessive number of rows of seats for the gold ticket-holders. So many people have said that they couldn't hear what we'd paid our £15 to hear, and it's even more frustrating when there were five rows of empty seats in front of most of us. If we'd been allowed to move forward once it was clear that the gold ticket-holders weren't going to be taking up all six rows, then a great many of us would have been able to see the lips of the guests, and so 'hear' more.

Also, if you are advertising talks as 11:10-11:40, then 11:50-12:20, 12:30-1pm etc, it kind of implies that the gaps between are for emptying and refilling the hall, so that the talks really are half hour long. It seems a little bit rotten to then start the talks late AND finish them early.

What with not hearing, and the 30 minute talks lasting 20 minutes, I do not feel I got an honest return on my £15.

Suggeestions: At the photo-pickup tables, not all of the space was being used, so it would have made sense to spread the pictures out more, not overlap every photo. It really helps if we can see the guests, so we know if we're looking at a batch we're in or not.

A lot of people seemed to be under the impression that if their face was not in any of the photos that were out, they could change that fact by standing and staring at the batch. If the stewards were to explain to them that they were achieving nothing by standing motionless in a wall in front of other people, and told them to circulate, it might help everyone.

I know the shambles of the queue was a venue thing rather than a Showmasters thing, but if you're aware of it (basically, a queue was snaking along perfectly for a good few minutes before it collapsed into a free-for-all) it might be possible to get it right next time. What was happening at first was good - one or two stewards could perhaps have kept it going.

The aisle where all the cosplay photos were going on, mandalorians and droids and that, needs to be at least twice as wide as any other merchandise aisle.

• Like 1

I attended on Friday and Saturday. Friday was fine not many people no real queues I was able to get the couple of autographs, Mitch Pileggi and Nic Lea, with little fuss and both seemed very pleasant and were willing to have a quick chat. Also had time (and space) to have a look around the sellers with little hassle. My only gripe was that it would have been nice to be able to purchase tickets beforehand rather than queue up to 6pm with general admission.

I hadn’t planned to go to the preview but I’m glad I did as Saturday was a bit of a nightmare. I had a standard ticket for the 11am entry and was probably in the first 25 waiting. I got in quickly and went straight to get virtual queuing tickets for Gillian Anderson, Hayden Panettiere and Anthony Head.

The only auto I ended up with was Gillian Anderson. This VQ moved quickly and it seemed to be organised with the more experienced/seasoned staff sorting this one out. I had a ticket in the high 700s and probably saw Gillian at around 1ish. She was very pleasant and a big thanks for Showmasters for arranging her to be at the event.

I still have the VQ tickets for the other two. I left at approx 4:30pm having been at the event for 5½ hours and the Hayden queue was still 1-400 and at 11am it was 1-300, it just didn’t seem to move. This to me suggests that people have picked up tickets but hadn’t gone to join the queue hence the staff were waiting or thinking they were going to want an auto but never actually queued for it. Therefore they VQ never moved much. Why couldn’t it have moved to 200-500 and then 400-600? When I went back and checked the queues were never that great. It wasn’t helped by her for whatever reason not coming back from lunch on time. However she did look stunning!

Similar for the Anthony Head queue this just didn’t seem to move. I started off at 1-300 and then it moved to 1-350, but at no great speed. There were no signs or info up and I felt I was bugging the young lady who was handing out the VQ every time I went to check so I just gave up in the end. I was surprised on how busy it was since he attends a lot of these events.

Also got some comic artists to sign some comic covers. The Spanish trio seemed very nice and happy to be there. Had a slight mishap with Gary Frank autos as he used some odd pen that didn’t dry very quickly and ended up with major smudges.

In the end with the queues and the Gary Frank mishap and the amount of people I just wanted to go home.

Some pluses but some major minuses.

Event attendees having more manners would be nice. Someone elbowed me in the chest on Sunday in the autograph area. Okay so I was wearing my marine armour so it didn't partically hurt, but when the armour in question is a few hundred quids worth of kit an apology at least would be nice instead of glaring at me cause they elbowed me after walking across my path.

Really enjoyed Comic Con this year!

I've never felt so at home amongst other Fans :D

I just have one thing to ask:

In the Anime zone there was an amazing Kawaii-style hat stall, and I can't remember the name of the website. If anyone can find it for me, I'd be very grateful!

Otherwise, I really enjoyed this year!

My experience from the event.

My moanings:

Queueing outside was bad. There was no sign for goldpass holders and the queue I went past coming from Kensington High st. didn't look well organised (I didn't notice if this was the pay-on-the-day or prepayed queue.

Lighting in photoshoots was not good. For the first time I was dissapointed with a photo from Malcolm. I have high praises for that man and his professional way of doing these photoshoots, so I was very surprised to see a glance on Haydens forehead which made her look kind of fake. Lighting in the other photoshoot areas wasn't too good either. But having been to many photoshoots done by Malcolm and always gotten top quality, I was just surprised to see my Hayden photo.

Lights went off in the guest area on both saturday and sunday. Don't know what caused this. I don't know if this was in relation to a talk, but nomatter the cause it was very bad for meeting the guests.

Sound in all the talks I attended was bad. It was only partially possible to hear the questions - this goes for Talk area A and B, didn't attend anything in C or D.

I know this is not likely to happen as I suspect you are using the stalls as a buffer to slow people down before they come to the guests, but since so many guests allow photos at the table (and a huge thanks to Showmasters for encouraging that), then it would be nice if the guests was in the bright area of the hall with sunlight comming through the windows. And maybe also nice for the guests to see the light of day.

The chillout room for goldpassholders lacked chairs. The room was bigger than last year + for that, and it had more tables + for that, but what about chairs?

My likes:

Eventhough the guests was in the darker area of the hall, then lighting was much better than in Earls Court. No issues with colortemperature in the photos.

It seemed like you had tried to place the photoshoot areas and talk areas as best you could in regards to each other, and I found it worked fairly well. I couldn't expect anything more with the layout of the venue anyway.

At first I was a bit upset that there was now 4 photoshoot areas as it was difficult enough to organise things with just 3 last year. But this also meant that photoshoots ended early this year, so I didn't see the same mad rush at the end of day to get photos. Whenever I felt like it, I was able to walk up and look for photos without being 7 people from the tables. Nice one at that, though I still find 4 simultaneous photoshoots to be pushing it a bit.

It continues to surprise me, how many guests allow photos at the table. A HUGE thank you to Showmasters for encouraging this with the guests.

At the table getting the autograph, will in my mind always be where the 'meeting' is and therefore where I prefer to have my photo with the guest. I understand of couse, that this is not possible with the more popular guests, yet some guests who I had thought would not, did allow photos at the table.

Overall I loved it and I hope to be back next year pending guests and funds in my wallet. :thumbup:

just thought i would add my two pennth

the venue i thought was really good lots of space etc, trader stuff all very good .

i had only come to see tom skeritt who didnt even bother to look up at me just some pushy americain bird took my photo shoved it under his nose.

so not the best experiance for me or i imagine for him either.

never enough chairs to park ones derrier on, not a gold passer so no chill out spot for me,having read other comments gold passer get a chill out room but no chairs lol bit of a cheek as those gold passs. they cost a bit i think.

biggest moan by far

early bird que been coming to these things for nearly 10 years now the sinage etc has never been great. this time was non exsistant i arrived at 0800 joined 2 diffrent ques shoved from pillar to post here there lol finally got told the right que doors open at 0900 on the dot complete bun fight the snaking que just disintergrated as it was obviously to much of a temptation to go by the front door without diving in and so the rest of the lemmings followed.

after arriving at 8am i got thruogh the door at 945 .

only saw two crew both on the door no barriers no clear sinage except on the wall 10 feet from the door( a4 sheet stuck with blu tak) the whole queing thing absolute shambles, someone most likely a small child is gonna get hurt if action not taken

its not like showmasters didnt know we were coming

the health and safety rep would have had a stroke if he had seen this shambles. there only needs to be one accident or one complaint and the whole con thing will be terminated and there will be no i'll be backs either lol

all that was needed were some staff and some barriers simples

doubt i will be returning wont be reccommending to pals and i notice still no explanation for the whole shoddy affair either from the organisers

i had only come to see tom skeritt who didnt even bother to look up at me just some pushy americain bird took my photo shoved it under his nose.

so not the best experiance for me or i imagine for him either.

never enough chairs to park ones derrier on, not a gold passer so no chill out spot for me,having read other comments gold passer get a chill out room but no chairs lol bit of a cheek as those gold passs. they cost a bit i think.

Tom Skerritt was nice as pie when I met him, also the whole of the upstairs balcony was like one big chillout area that you could have gone up to.

Edited by 80sactionfan

ahh im not that fussed about a chair really lol made me smile the golders had to sit othe floor in their special area.

as for tom glad he was nice grumpy old bugger with me lol

pushy american bird was running it maybe thats why he was grumpy not that bothered still loooove his work lol

Was alright but definately prefer Earls Court. Also, the guy dressed as the eleventh doctor with the dalek was really rude. Honestly, if I'd heard him say one more time "MOVE OUT THE WAY, THERES A DALEK COMING" I was gonna say something. He was saying it when there were people with wheelchairs "in his way" and prams, and when people were getting photos with other things.

Also, the photo collections need to be sorted out, it was shambles :/.

I know i have adressed this subject with you already on my own thread from the weekend and can only apologise yet again to anyone if i came across as rude. I wasn't demanding people to get out the way merely asking as politely as possible but if i did approach anyone and say something wrong i am very sorry.

I only attended on the Sunday and almost everything ran smoothly.

I was really upset that 2 of the photoshoots had sold out (I travelled 500+ miles overnight) and it was the 2 ones I really wanted.

They were both Sunday only guests so I felt that the photos should have been sold only on the Sunday, I know you'll say that's not fair to the all weekend attendees, but what about the people who have to travel half the world to attend just one day when they really would love to do all weekend but can't.

Also I know I could have bought online but these guests were either announced one day before the shop closed or after it had already closed which meant I couldn't buy them online, otherwise I would have.

At other events they hold photos back for each day, so say you're selling 600 photos, they would sell 200 a day...first come first served etc

Also there was some very rude crew members, and there was absolutely no need for it....and they were the same crew members from Collectormania who I had seen being rude there too.

• Like 1

A lot of people seemed to be under the impression that if their face was not in any of the photos that were out, they could change that fact by standing and staring at the batch. If the stewards were to explain to them that they were achieving nothing by standing motionless in a wall in front of other people, and told them to circulate, it might help everyone.

Oh god yes, took a while at one point to get to one of my photos because of that which was just barmy, but it happens at every con so you just take a deep breath and bear with it.

I'd say the only feedback needed really, which I also put on the twitter page was that a lot of the VT signs telling you which numbers were allowed in the queue were written in a bright green colour rather than black - Now I apologise to those over the weekend who may have had to walk around me to get to their queues because I was checking certain ones every 10 minutes but I had to get that close to the signs because with my eyesight I honestly cannot read green pen from further away. If they could please be written up in black next time I'd be eternally grateful, as will everyone trying to queue because I won't have to keep taking up space that they could be standing in lol!

Saturday was terrible... the waiting lines had been long, specially saturday morning at the door. Sunday was better organized and much more relaxed. But finally... I had a great time and met almost everyone I've wanted (except Jeri Ryan - her Queue was terrible, incl. photo shooting and signing). Haven't Gillian Anderson's autograph but I got her photo.

all others I got during the 3 days I've wanted: Brian Krause, Holly Marie Combs, Zach Galligan, the Star wars people, Karl Urban, Craig Parker, Ke Huy and something :-) .... Michael Winslow, Maryam D'Abo, Elizabeth Dennehy, Carole ann ford, William Russell, Robert Maschio, Nicholas Lea (who have wanted for many years), Ben Mansfield and his Primeval Co-Star Cieran, Ben Browder, Jewel Straite, Adam Baldwin... Thomas Dekker (he was so lovely and nice), Mitch Pileggi, Tom Skeritt, Christopher Judge.

It was also great to meet people from anywhere, Germany, UK, France... had nice chats...

Also the most actors I met had been in great mood and was ready to talk with their fans. Specially: Craig Parker, Tom Dekker, Brian Krause und Holly Marie Combs, and Jeremy Bulloch, Adam Baldwin, Ben Mansfield, Nicholas Lea and Mitch Pileggi had ben to most kindest guys (in my mind) at this event. Thanks to all. It was busy... yes, loud... full... but a great time... will be back next year... and who know, maybe already at "Destination".

• Like 1

@swissangel4616

When you say Jeris queues were terrible can you explain more? And the same for why you never got Gillians autograph.

I know both queues for autographs were open queue by mid afternoon so you should have been able to go straight in.

LOL... Well... I've booked also photo shootings with 2 others saturday... it came a little bit to a clash... maybe I've wanted to many things saturday :-D,

no worries... I came several times back and they said to me I have to come back later for Gillian....I don't have wanted hours for one person as you can see.. I've met a lot other people... I'm not really dissapointed... I 've already thought it would be full saturday....

Finally: I had a great time!!!

Also there was some very rude crew members, and there was absolutely no need for it....and they were the same crew members from Collectormania who I had seen being rude there too.

If you have an issue with a crew member, please tell someone in a red shirt at the time. Feedback is helpful, but it is hard to address it once the show has finished.

Sometimes, it is a simple matter of asking that crewmember to re-phrase the way they say things in future.

hello, it was my first convention outside of France and of the little French girl loved your convention! honestly, thank you very much!

I have done photoshoots with Jeri, Gillian, Kevin, Hayden, Holly, Chris and Anthony in costume, I made the autographs with Brian, Holly, Anthony and Robert Maschio (it was for my boyfriend), and photos are so great! and one that touched me the most is humanly Anthony Head, and he even told me a few words in French, it was great! After the other of guests were all very nice! I do not regret one moment my choices of guests!

My boyfriend loved to talk a while with Robert Maschio, being a fan of him in the series Scrubs!

The team of the convention was really nice and available; there, where I had the most difficulty is to get the autographs because it really was not easy! I was lucky to not have clash with photoshoots at this level so no worries!

The only remark: the team that deals with pictures as wearing gloves when retrieving the files, half the team was not wearing gloves!

Thank you so much for this dream weekend that you have permitted me to do! :clap:

kisses from the frenchie :smile:

Edited by millie31