Event Feedback

This is going to be a long feedback, so just to warn you peeps! ha ha.

Well... as a start this was my first Film and comic con here and honestly I really enjoyed it, the guests were great, and the event on a whole was even greater...but there was some bad points as well.

For a start, I think the times for the photoshoots with the guests seemed to be done at the last minute, numerous times I searched for times when it was getting closer to the event and all it says was 'TBA' on every guest. And with the times being done for photoshoots I think you need to put into consideration that most guests didn't do afternoon photoshoots as well as the morning photoshoots I expected to see. Fair enough I had a standard ticket for 11am and didn't get in till about 11.25am and most shoots was before 11. I think you need to put some shoots after 11 seeing as most people who finally get in to the building from all the queues has missed the times for photoshoots or have to queue even longer to get one done.

When I finally got in, I was upset to see that I had missed a photoshoot with Brian Krause, I found out it was re-scheduled to the afternoon which I was happy about, then I found out it got re-scheduled again. There was a lot of unhappy fans there because of this, but to be honest I wasn't upset because it made it easier to have other photoshoots done as well and have more to time to go from one booth to another.

The other thing that made me quite mad was the organisation of the photos once they were 'done'. I was told that once the photo had been taken you had to wait roughly 2 hours for it to get printed. I waited a lot longer for photos to be printed and I stayed even longer than 6pm and they still wasn't finished. I did manage to pick up 2 of the photos I had taken but I'm waiting for them to send them out through post.

A suggestion for the photos is that when a photo is being taken, the number on the ticket should also be a pick up number. So when you want to collect the photo after you can hand in a ticket and they can pass you the ticket, rather than having all the photos that was printed all spread out over tables where anything can happen to them.

someone could take the wrong photo, or knock over the table with all the people crowding over the tables.

Also I think that the times for the photoshoots should be more spread out rather than so close together, it's hard to get from one photo area to another, from going from one queue to another and trying to get through the crowds as well.

There should be an even bigger venue next time because that one was so full that no one could hardly move.

I think said enough about the photoshoots and times but that was the biggest problem I had to go through, and I see that many other people have to.

There should have more seating areas and more areas for refreshments because suring and after the LFCC I was in so much pain from being stood up and walking all day. So definitely have more seating areas. If this event can be moved to another venue make sure it is bigger and more spread out. The stalls there need more room apart from each other and bigger space in the aisles. And have more bins around.

There should also be ways on how to get refunds on tickets for certain reasons, a part from if a guest cancels. There was a woman who I saw who was very upset that 2 of her tickets was being done at the same time, a photoshoot and a guest talk. She was more upset that she was told that she couldn't get a refund from one of her tickets. If that was me I would be upset as well because it isn't fair and it just shows how the timings for each thing there whether it was a photo, a talk or autograph was unorganised.

But a part from that, to say it was my first LFCC, the guests was amazing, and I really enjoyed it , I just hope that next year will be better and all these problems myself and many other people went through will be sorted out for the better.

The directions at Earl's Court station are extremely confusing. There were big signs saying that to get to Kensington (Olympia) you had to get one towards Wimbledon and get off the next stop and get the Overground.

Yeah, I saw that sign and nearly fell for it too. Was going to try walking there when I happened to glance back and noticed that the arrow had appeared next to Olympia, so stuck around...

I had the same issue, I arrived just as a train was leaving for Olympia, read the prominent sign saying "Take train to West Brompton, change to overground to Olympia". I did that, just to find there was no overground service that weekend from West Brompton, so I walked North to Olympia.

xfiles display was soooooo poor with no indications of what it was....

How ture! It took me ages to find it and when i did i still wasn't sure it was the x-files display, and what happened to the x-files auction!

I think it was added to the regular auction? David Duchovny's Armani suit went for an incredible price.

I agree that organization in some areas on Saturday left a bit to be desired. With people like Gillian Anderson and Jeri Ryan coming on Saturday, it was inevitably going to be nuts, and having experienced these kinds of jumps in event size before, SM really should have been ready for this, especially with the pre-entry queues, and marshalled the crew accordingly. I know a heck of a lot of organization goes into these events, and they're still bloody good overall, but I do feel some of the chaos was avoidable, based on previous experience. I was lucky to escape a lot of this due to having my Gold Pass (we were herded in nice and neatly), although I was surprised to see that the conveyor-belt system of baggage handling was not in operation in photo area A on Saturday. Very glad I have a rather naff hessian Tesco bag as at least it was easy to pick out. :D

However, the issues affecting Saturday were pretty much all sorted out on Sunday, which was good; the fact that Sunday was a lot quieter (phew!) must have helped the poor crew as they were under immense pressure.

General thoughts:

Liked the idea of a separate photoshoot collection area, as it forced people to go away from the main area and spread things out a bit. Having three tables in the main area on Sunday was good too (were there three on Saturday? It was so busy later on with people hanging around the tables and refusing to move that I lost the will to hang in there - at least I had the luxury of picking up my stuff on Sunday).

Photoshoots definitely seem to be coming back faster, so am liking the on-site print facilities. I didn't notice any particular variation in print quality, although lighting was an issue in area D as mentioned elsewhere. It seemed to me that on Saturday, they were bringing batches back out of order, possibly to get the bigger guest shoots out of the way. I personally think that this is a bad idea because some of those attendees who had early shoots could have picked up their photos and gone, leaving the rest to pick theirs up in turn, but ended up hanging on for hours and adding to the crowds. If I'm wrong and that wasn't happening, please ignore that bit!

The venue is good. Definitely cooler than Earl's Court (still a bit hot in places, especially under the lower-roofed areas), but noticeably better. Unfortunately it was so busy on Saturday that it didn't help much, but on the whole, I liked the layout a lot.

Massage area - good idea! I didn't avail myself, but thought that was a nice touch.

The talks I attended were great fun, although sound quality definitely needs to be beefed up, especially if you're expecting people to pay for more talks now. There were some unfortunate technical hitches, but the crew were working hard to get around them.

Loved the Iron Throne photoshoot! I really didn't think I'd get the chance to do that, but happened to have a tiny break between photoshoots and was wandering past shortly after it had opened on Sunday, so nipped in there. Very pleased with the results.

The guests were all lovely and I was pleasantly surprised to get personalizations from most of those in the closed-off areas. (I still agree with the privacy screens for bigger guests, as there were loads of people snapping shots of actors in the open areas like Hayden and it would have been far worse if people like Gillian had been visible.)

The crew were superb, as always, even when they had a lot on their plates, and as mentioned elsewhere, am so grateful to those who were helping me out with my photos on Sunday (shoots, pickups, collections), particularly when I ran into problems prior to arriving at the event. Fab job.

So, overall, a bit chaotic in places, but I got just about everything I wanted, which was a LOT (and nabbed a couple of unexpected extras!) and left on Sunday feeling sore and knackered, but very, very happy. Great weekend!

Edited by CosmicAvatar
  • Like 1

Aha had to wait four hours to get my picture with Christopher Judge. The reshoot got taken at 2:20pm as there was only 6 of us who missed the morning shoot due to the tube being rubbish and having problems at Earls Court. So by 6:15pm I was in a queue going into the printers room with the other guys from the shoot and the first thing the bloke at the computer says..."Christopher Judge reshoot? I've already printed those out ages ago." - ...uh.

Some organization really seemed to be the only flaw. Lack of communication and some of the crew need a lesson in manners (From my encounter in the morning) instead of walking away from me whilst I'm mid sentence. Trust me I was fuming and wanted to hurl my phone at the wall. But other than that I'm grateful I was at the convention and walked round it a million times.

My advice....buy another couple of computers and more printers.

If the events are going to get bigger with the guests its only natural to speed things up.

Liked the fact the autographs took place on the other side of the Olympia building it would have been cramped otherwise like it usually gets at Earls Court 2. Would recommend the venue again instead of EC2. Especially as the upper gallery is a great place to relax whilst it was raining.

Erm, If I've left anything out I'll be sure to come back and jot it down.

This weekend was my first ever Con and I signed up to give my feedback on what I felt was a brilliant day! Negative first, then the positive:

The Not So Good

As already mentioned, the entrance queues were a bit of a shambles. We travelled from Shepherd's Bush on the overground to Olympia and upon exiting the train had NO idea where to go, the only signs we saw for us ('On the door tickets') were a long way up the road to the left. We eventually found the end of the queue with the stewards' help, but for newbies like us the sight of what seemed to be three queues all entering in different directions with no indication of what they were confused us a lot! We wasted a bit of time wandering up and down initially.

The Dredd talk was very quiet and you had to strain to hear the guests, we were sat about three rows behind gold pass members too. In order to compete with the noise spillover from the hall the PA needs to be a lot louder, I understand that you probably don't want people outside listening for 'free', but that shouldn't mean those inside with tickets should have to strain to hear the talk itself. If I'd have paid to see a talk then I would have been very annoyed (the Dredd talk was free, luckily).

The gaming area was a bit disappointing, not really much there! It was also very tight in there. I played Golden Axe for a bit with my girlfriend but my controller was beyond useless, haha!

It was very tight down the vendor alleys but this probably can't be helped. What can be helped is people being generally rude and shoving/bumping excessively, this is more 'human error' than anything.

Charles Dance was hard to get a signature off due to the sheer number of people wanting to meet him! We should have planned ahead for that one :)

The Iron Throne wasn't where it said it was on the map, so we wandered around for a bit wasting time trying to find it.

The Good

Free wi-fi was great, thanks!

Meeting Alex Winter was really cool, easy and fun. He was very nice, friendly and posed for a photo too which was most excellent!

The ability to go upstairs to the balcony and catch a breather from the crowds was very welcome. Could have done with some seats and bins up there maybe but this is probably an Olympia problem.

I thought the stewards and staff were all excellent. Everyone we spoke to or had a question for was polite, helpful, nice and efficient. It's quite daunting being at one of these for the first time when you're still not that clear on the proceedures for autographs/photos etc., so well done folks. And thanks!

I thought the range of guests there was very good and appealed to a wide range of fans.

The Dredd panel was interesting and the exclusive footage looked cool. Karl Urban seems like a very nice guy, shame I didn't meet him but it was just too expensive.

I was pleasantly surprised to see one of my favourite digital artists, Matt Dixon, there on his stall. I didn't know he was going to be there and I had a good 15 minute chat to him about his career and techniques (I'm an artist myself), which was another highlight. Cheers Matt! Super nice bloke.

Finally, the Iron Throne photo op was the highlight of my day! Thank you VERY much for such a cool addition, I was expecting it to be just in the middle of the floor with a queue for you to have a quick snap on it. To have a proper section for it with a pro photographer, some props and a great looking shot at the end of it all blew me away. Best £5 I ever spent, I thought it was a bargain for such a cool memento.

All in all my girfriend and I had a great time and were totally exhausted by the end! We'll definitely be back again.

Edited by dirksteele

only went on saturday and yes it was a bit stressful but was to be exptected really it was busy. doesnt help when the Underground isnt really working either to Olympia and they give you the wrong info about getting on buses etc when all you had to do was get on platform 4 at Earls Court which made us late to the venue. I thought the earlybird pre paid q moved quicker than seen before. unfortunately i had a photoshoot at 9.50 arrived at 9.40 and had to upgrade my ticket, there were no crew outside to ask, luckily i just went right up to the door and told someone inside or i would have missed my photo there was no way i was joining the pay on day q which would have taken another half hour to get in, needed staff outside policing the q for others with imminent photoshoots.

Once inside found it all pretty easy, food was horrid (had some wedges which were like bullets and went straight to bin) and way overpriced but then always is. No seats but where would you put them anyway, nice to have the balcony open. Guests i met were all lovely as usual, although tonys q could have done with a barrier so you could separate him from Kevin and there were people queuing for talks in his q too so got chaotic in the afternoon. other than that was ok really. Signing events are always busy esp if you get big guests so its never going to all go to plan but i do think maybe this one could have done with a few more crew around this time.

All in all got what i wanted, spent some money and met up with a friend although i have to say do on the whole prefer the less chaotic conventions where its more fun and with parties. Tried to find the pub meet but seems to have been cancelled and not rearranged as far as we could see for afterwards which was a shame as would have been nice to meet up with some fellow fans in the evening.

Saturday was my first time at one of these events and for sure will be my last! Far too many people, questionnable organisation and a pretty unsuccesful day.

I had an early bird ticket and arrived at about 9:30 and got straight in, which was good. I was there for just one guest, Hayden Pannettiere. At about 10am I got to her autograph queue and got a ticket, number 589. At that time, tickets 1-100 were being accepted.

By the time I left at 4:30pm, tickets 1-420 were being accepted. In other words I had been there about seven hours and still wasn't even allowed to join the queue!!! Complete waste of time.

The photo shoot with her was quite well organised, but she was sat on a chair and being quite tall I towered over here so had to bend down for the shot - not a flattering angle I guess. I say guess because I didn't get to collect the picture on the day - half of her shoot seemed to come out after about three hours, mine was not among them. Despite being promised by staff that they would be out 'soon', four and half hours after the picture was taken I had to leave, so filled out a form and was charged another £2 for you to send me the pic.

Having travelled for two hours each way just to meet her, I arrived home having spent about 4 seconds with her at the photo shoot (during which time she and I just said 'hi') and without a photo or autograph.

Some of the photos I did see at the collection area of her with taller people in them showed just her head and shoulders at the bottom of the photo rather than a good professional well composed picture. But then the photographer was rushing to get the shoot done and people snapped as quickly as possible............

I spent £12 to get in, £20 for the photo, £2 for the postage and about £25 on travel to be able to say hi. An expensive waste of a day, let's hope the photo is a good one and actually arrives.................

I went on Sunday only and I would like to thank the crew especially when I had a photoshoot and a talk close together and I managed to do both thanks to the crew being helpful.

The guests (I met Karl Urban, Chris Judge, Thomas Dekker, Gates Mcfadden, Adam Baldwin & Jane Badler) were excellent all very friendly and took time to chat, a pleasure to meet.

My photos all came out really well and came back in good time.

The new venue was good having a more space meant it was less crowded than some previous events.

My only recommendation would be some chairs so people can have a sit down as the days can be long when you can't sit down or rest.

Thanks to SM and the wonderful guests for a great day.

LFCC was my first ever crewing experience and can I just say a big thankyou to all attendees over the weekend... I know huge events like these can be very stressful but everyone I dealt with over Sat/Sun were wonderfully poliet and patient with me :-) I loved the experience and I hope to crew more events in the future and really hope to see more of you wonderful people again! xxx

Saturday was my first time at one of these events and for sure will be my last! Far too many people, questionnable organisation and a pretty unsuccesful day.

Saturdays are always really busy, especially with so many high profile guests who were only there one day. If you only want to see one person, it's often easier on the sunday if you can make that.

I had an early bird ticket and arrived at about 9:30 and got straight in, which was good. I was there for just one guest, Hayden Pannettiere. At about 10am I got to her autograph queue and got a ticket, number 589. At that time, tickets 1-100 were being accepted.

Any reason why it too you so long to get a VQ ticket for her? The advice is normally to go straight to get the tickets you want as soon as you're in and then do anything else you need to do. In that half hour you could have got a much lower number.

By the time I left at 4:30pm, tickets 1-420 were being accepted. In other words I had been there about seven hours and still wasn't even allowed to join the queue!!! Complete waste of time.

Guests have photoshoots, talks and breaks which all eat into the time available to sign. Plus some take time with each person which means they don't always go quickly. Its always helpful to try and allow yourself time to stay until the end of the day if you can. People leave and many guests may even go open queue at the end of the day. Unfortunately if you're only able to be there for a short time there can be no guarantee you'll get to meet the guests you want to.

It's also possible if you had been able to stay that in that final 1.5hours your number may have been called.

This is not the organisers fault, it's just the way things happen. People who are able to get there early will stand most chance and people who stay until the end often get lucky.

It's unfortunate you had a wasted journey but I'm afraid it does come down to time management and how popular the guest is.

Edited by Rockstar6662

As I was crewing on the Saturday, I'd like to say thank you to everyone I spoke to during the day for being extremely polite. As I was ticketing, there was no 'Ohh, but can't I come in now?!' from anyone, everyone was very courteous and came back at the correct time. It really helped to keep the queue fairly short, and it helped me to forget about how much my feet ached! :') So thank you for being so kind and considerate.

I agree with what has been said so far... Organisation wasn't great... Queuing was poop... (and in Karl Urbans lil section probably rather dangerous)

Something to segregate the queues would have been nice...

BO is a problem at every event... Can they not smell themselves?!

Hayden was a disappointment, the people in front of me and behind me were completely ignored! And the lighting on photoshoots was crap. As a photographer myself, I would be ashamed at some of the images I saw.

Craig Parker is possibly the nicest and best guest ever! Did he ever not sit in his chair?!?

he never does apparently

It was my 1st time at a UK event and here's my feedback:

The not so good

- I felt rushed all the time. Didn't have any time at all to speak to the guests at their table and certainly not at the photo shoots (Gillian and Hayden for me) since it was like "next, click, next, click, next, click". I did not like that at all as it felt so impersonal. That said, I fully understand that the only solution to this is probably to have 4 hour photo sessions or limit the ticket and I guess none of those are an option. So I guess this is the backside of the medal having an event this big and having so much guests and visitors.

- The Karl Urban "no personalization". I skipped him because of this since I want everything I sign personalized. I dunno if it was his choice or yours but writing a name takes literally half a second and his inscriptions took way longer time that writing my name would have. So I can't see no good reason to why he couldn't personalize.

The good

Everything else was great!

- Great (and many) guests

- Extremely well organized for an event this size

- The "virtual que" system is the best thing I've ever seen at a con. Such an easy and awesome solution!!!

So all in all I had a blast! :dance:

Edited by rogerxy

The directions at Earl's Court station are extremely confusing. There were big signs saying that to get to Kensington (Olympia) you had to get one towards Wimbledon and get off the next stop and get the Overground.

Yeah, I saw that sign and nearly fell for it too. Was going to try walking there when I happened to glance back and noticed that the arrow had appeared next to Olympia, so stuck around...

I had the same issue, I arrived just as a train was leaving for Olympia, read the prominent sign saying "Take train to West Brompton, change to overground to Olympia". I did that, just to find there was no overground service that weekend from West Brompton, so I walked North to Olympia.

I also had this problem with the tube

Your best bet was to probably get the C1 bus from West Brompton, which took about five minutes. But I agree that this wasn't made clear, as I had to ask someone at the Ticket Office for help. However, TFL's fault, not Showmasters'.

In regards to the Olympia from Earls court. The sign says that the Olympia trains only run from earls court on a weekend and not on weekdays. So for both event days (excluding friday preview) there should have been a train running from earls court to Olympia. The Overground closeure was posted on here last week. The reason for the Olympia District line problem on Sunday was a signal failure, had this not happened the service would have been every 20-30mins as normal

(http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e386/Lainey_Carey/olympia.jpg Pic of the sign - I took this cause I was late for crew breifing on Friday )

Fantastic weekend through and through .. both for me and my lady (t'was her first!) - so thank you Showmasters for putting on a great event!

Friday nite's preview was a grind with loooong time consuming lines for photo tix (maintained by the crew in a jovial fashion) - but hey! - if you want to get what you want in life you have to be patient :whistling:

The Gillian Anderson photo-shoot appeared chaotic - one steward shouting to keep the crowd in line .. I asked him if I was due up - he checked my number and politely concurred .. TOP MAN! Brief interaction though it was, Gillian was very warm n friendly!

My John Simm photo was turned around in an incredible approx 90 minutes - the lass behind the desk laying out the shots was doing so very carefully and with good humour - TOP GIRL! Heck - the lady who you pay at the autograph desk was also extremely polite. Oh - John himself was a top bloke - I'm hoping he enjoyed his surreal day and does another some day :clap:

Jim Starlin (legendary comic artist) never made it Friday nite as intended .. 'maybe tomorrow?' I thought. Saturday morn was also looking gloomy - I disturbed a staffmember (as he was erecting signs in comic book alley) to ask what was going on - he didn't know. As the M4 was closed how could he? Yet Starlin finally arrived in the late AM .. and the guy was an absolute pleasure to talk to - signing multiple books & sketching for free - I also bagged an original inked drawing ... INCREDIBLE!

Saturday's Cosplay Masquerade was late and a little disorganised - I still dug it though, as I loooooove Cosplayers - a high five to ALL of you guys n gals who make such events a veritable pleasure! :smile:

Door guys and ticket gals were also fine - cloakroom too!

Gripes I've seen remarked on the forum are just examples of typical British whinging - and include (a-hem!)

• Entry queues - whereas I understand there was an unfortunate bout of unruly anarchy on the Saturday - when the layout was sub-adequate (addressed for Sunday - albeit a quieter day) but if you're not there early - on what is obviously going to be a hectic kick-off to the event - you're going to exposed to such madness!
  • Travel woes - sometimes it happens - deal with it! Unless your famous and employ an escort your travel may turn out to be a little stressful.
  • Re-scheduled events - it's going to happen - deal with it! There were likely logistical reasons for this.
  • Photo problems - the scale of such an endeavour was HUGE - it's unfortunate there are those who suffered .. no-one was targeted to have these mis-haps - work with it! I'm amazed that such an operation was as successful as it was.
  • Paying for early entry and talks - if you don't like it then don't pay! I paid for early bird to beat the obvious rush that would ensue - and I chose not to pay for any talks.
  • The quality of the food - I think we all know that food at such events is overpriced and barely acceptable .. but at least it's something to scoff!
  • More chairs for a sit-down and rest - well, the balcony was huge and there's a floor! What's next - when seats were available (Saturday) would you be complaining about how there were metal?

I don't work for Showmasters - if I did I'd have to PC-massage this mini-rant ... yet 'some' folk will always find something to complain about ...

Me? I want in organised and had an absolute blast - looking forward to next year (and maybe other SM events too!)

Fantastic weekend through and through .. both for me and my lady (t'was her first!) - so thank you Showmasters for putting on a great event!

Friday nite's preview was a grind with loooong time consuming lines for photo tix (maintained by the crew in a jovial fashion) - but hey! - if you want to get what you want in life you have to be patient :whistling:

The Gillian Anderson photo-shoot appeared chaotic - one steward shouting to keep the crowd in line .. I asked him if I was due up - he checked my number and politely concurred .. TOP MAN! Brief interaction though it was, Gillian was very warm n friendly!

My John Simm photo was turned around in an incredible approx 90 minutes - the lass behind the desk laying out the shots was doing so very carefully and with good humour - TOP GIRL! Heck - the lady who you pay at the autograph desk was also extremely polite. Oh - John himself was a top bloke - I'm hoping he enjoyed his surreal day and does another some day :clap:

Jim Starlin (legendary comic artist) never made it Friday nite as intended .. 'maybe tomorrow?' I thought. Saturday morn was also looking gloomy - I disturbed a staffmember (as he was erecting signs in comic book alley) to ask what was going on - he didn't know. As the M4 was closed how could he? Yet Starlin finally arrived in the late AM .. and the guy was an absolute pleasure to talk to - signing multiple books & sketching for free - I also bagged an original inked drawing ... INCREDIBLE!

Saturday's Cosplay Masquerade was late and a little disorganised - I still dug it though, as I loooooove Cosplayers - a high five to ALL of you guys n gals who make such events a veritable pleasure! :smile:

Door guys and ticket gals were also fine - cloakroom too!

Gripes I've seen remarked on the forum are just examples of typical British whinging - and include (a-hem!)

• Entry queues - whereas I understand there was an unfortunate bout of unruly anarchy on the Saturday - when the layout was sub-adequate (addressed for Sunday - albeit a quieter day) but if you're not there early - on what is obviously going to be a hectic kick-off to the event - you're going to exposed to such madness!
  • Travel woes - sometimes it happens - deal with it! Unless your famous and employ an escort your travel may turn out to be a little stressful.
  • Re-scheduled events - it's going to happen - deal with it! There were likely logistical reasons for this.
  • Photo problems - the scale of such an endeavour was HUGE - it's unfortunate there are those who suffered .. no-one was targeted to have these mis-haps - work with it! I'm amazed that such an operation was as successful as it was.
  • Paying for early entry and talks - if you don't like it then don't pay! I paid for early bird to beat the obvious rush that would ensue - and I chose not to pay for any talks.
  • The quality of the food - I think we all know that food at such events is overpriced and barely acceptable .. but at least it's something to scoff!
  • More chairs for a sit-down and rest - well, the balcony was huge and there's a floor! What's next - when seats were available (Saturday) would you be complaining about how there were metal?

I don't work for Showmasters - if I did I'd have to PC-massage this mini-rant ... yet 'some' folk will always find something to complain about ...

Me? I want in organised and had an absolute blast - looking forward to next year (and maybe other SM events too!)

the breakfast was good and a lot cheaper than my hotel lol

i went in organised and while i waited in the queue sunday morning got my floor plan out the one 2 tall put on line which also had a guide to where some of the people might be, i shared it with my new friends in the queue and although 2 of them walked(?) faster than me, i met up with them for a john sim VT ticket (they went for freema first) because i was organised i was chilled and had a great time

• Moderators

Sorry to be picky but if anyone's replying to a specific part of someone's post, can you please not quote the whole massive thing? Makes scrolling a lot of effort ;)

Thanks everyone :D

the breakfast was good and a lot cheaper than my hotel lol

i went in organised and while i waited in the queue sunday morning got my floor plan out the one 2 tall put on line which also had a guide to where some of the people might be, i shared it with my new friends in the queue and although 2 of them walked(?) faster than me, i met up with them for a john sim VT ticket (they went for freema first) because i was organised i was chilled and had a great time

Yougottit - be chilled .. with occasional trips to the toilet to splash one's face with cold water.