Event Feedback

I've done LFCC since 2009 and other events and I'm not impressed with today at all and have a few negative and a complaint.

I’d like a refund for Holly’s talk (unlikely to happen I know) but I paid £15 for a 20-25mins talk where I barely heard any questions or answers. The sound of quality was very poor. Really not impressed! (again!)

I was also very disappointed with the talks this year. The sound was terrible. I could not hear a word of what was being said in most of my talks. I spent £80 on them, and found it very very bad value for money. I definitely think I/others should be refunded for such poor quality.

It was very busy, but that was expected, that made a very tiring and very long day. It was all worth it though, I had a great time.

I got to meet everyone I wanted, granted there was alot of waiting, but it was all worth it. I'm looking forward to the next one already.

I'm not paying for any talks held in big venues like that any more.....if someone is going to "talk" then fans have the right to be able to "listen"...And it's nigh on impossible in events like this....right from the first one I attended at GMEX when Chris Judge and Michael Shanks were on to Ben Browder's a couple of years ago at LFCC, I've always been disappointed in them...and no matter WHO the guest was or how important and big they were deemed to be, I'm not parting with more of my precious money than I have to...

Having attended this Con for the last few years, i'd say i know what to expect. unlike a lot of comments i didnt have any issues with the queing and found that if you go to the autograph sessions later in the day most are open ques i didnt que any longer than 5 minutes to see both Jeri Ryan and Karl Urban which was great. For the first time however i was interested in some comic artists who do not have crew around to moniter or help out. saw all the Transformers artists really quickly all lovely, but the more popular Gary Frank was a bit of a nightmare. joined a que of about 40 people which wasnt too bad however i spent 20 minutes standing in the same spot with the que not moving. after a quivk investigation i found this was because he was sketching peoples requests which took 20 minutes a go and then there were also people taking stacks of 30- 40 comic to get signed. after 2 hours of waiting i was 6/7 people from the front and he started packing away and saying this was the last person he was going to sign for it was only 4pm and there was only about 10 more people in the que. Admittidly i did say rather loudly so ive been standing here for 2 hours and now im going to get nothing, which provoked him to say fine everyone can get one thing signed. I thijnk if i hadn't of said this he would have happily walked away. I think in future ot would be good to have someoene monitoring this and restricting the amount of things that people get signed, restricting the amount of sketches done to request or having specific sessions for this. having two ques one for people who want sketches onefor people whom just want signings. i think the more poular comic artist need this to save disappointment.

I'm not paying for any talks held in big venues like that any more.....if someone is going to "talk" then fans have the right to be able to "listen"...And it's nigh on impossible in events like this....right from the first one I attended at GMEX when Chris Judge and Michael Shanks were on to Ben Browder's a couple of years ago at LFCC, I've always been disappointed in them...and no matter WHO the guest was or how important and big they were deemed to be, I'm not parting with more of my precious money than I have to...

same here, i learned years ago not to bother with the talks, the last one i went to was Jason Mewes in 08, we were near the front so it wasnt too bad, and Mewes was hilarious, but the prices charged for talks this year were a joke, far to expensive for what you get.

• Like 1

My first ever Con - deffo won't be my last! Thoroughly enjoyed it! :thumbup:

Let's get the bad points out of the way...

• The BO. Jesus Christ guys, shower, or at least carry a small can of deoderant with you.
  • The tube was delayed for ages on the way home, and so was jammed solid. And it was hot in the carriage so again, BO. Not good.
  • The queuing system for autographs was a bit hit and miss. (I didn't bother with photoshoots.)
  • Jeri Ryan, Gillian Anderson, Karl Urban being shielded from mortals' eyes. :thumbdown:

Good points...

• The cosplayers. Some amazing costumes, and everyone was very happy to pose for pics. My faves were the very tall Lara Croft lady ( :wub2: ) and the guy in the seriously impressive Dark Knight outfit (there were a few of these I think).
  • The guests. I met Ke Huy Quan, Alex Winter and Martin Kove. All three REALLY struggled to understand my Welsh accent (!) but all three were smiley and seemed genuinely pleased to meet fans.
  • "Surprise" guest - I hadn't seen Martin Kove (Karate Kid/Rambo) advertised?! I actually saw him walking through the hall and thought "Wow, that guy looks like the Cobra Kai dude off Karate Kid!"
  • When I arrived and saw the queue I serioduly considered going home, it was HUGE. However it was fast-moving and so I was in the venue in around 20 minutes.
  • The people! It was very crowded but everyone was polite and well-mannered - lots of "excuse me" and "no, you first!" going on. BUT, the BO...!

Will deffo be going to more events. And will save up cash to buy some proper photoshoots! And noseplugs. Did I mention the BO?

The tube was delayed because of signal problem in Southfields which had a knock on effect on all district line trains!

Stressfull and disorganised are the two words I'd use to describe the majority of Saturday at LFCC.

When we got to the queue we asked where disabled people should queue and it took being bounced from one person to the next and back again as well as having to walk the length of the queue several times before anything was sorted out.

Other enormous weekend long cons I've been to you get a disabled pass and register your carer, you have a specific point of contact and all people organising queues know where and how to put the people with the disabled passes in the queue. They don't just tell you to go and find the end of the queue or to have a look through the queue for the front and insert yourself. Believe or not, even though people can see you have a walking stick etc, they still get a little miffed sometimes if you ask to go in front of them in the queue.

All the Stargate actors photo shoots clashed with each other apart from one.

in the Chris Judge photo shoot I asked the lady on duty going in if there was someone who could take me walking stick from me while i had my photo taken so she went and spoke to the lady on the waiting on the exit side, guiding people out if she could take it for me. However when it came to it I stood next to Chris but the lady was too busy calling across the photo room talking to someone on the otherside of the room and I couldn't catch her attention. I ended up have my photo taken with one hand holding out my walking stick in the air. It was a little bit embarassing for me as I think Chris Judge thought i was trying to throw my arms around him.

However the young blonde guy working the Ben Browder queue was extrememly polite and patient, even when he was literally swamped with people trying to ask questions. He ran about trying to get answers when he didn't know the answer himself.

I'm not even going to go into the photo shoot collection, everyone has already made the points I wanted to make.

One suggestion I had an I don't know if it's possible but why not do all the photo shoots in the morning and autographs in the afternoon?

I agree with what has been said so far... Organisation wasn't great... Queuing was poop... (and in Karl Urbans lil section probably rather dangerous)

Something to segregate the queues would have been nice...

BO is a problem at every event... Can they not smell themselves?!

Hayden was a disappointment, the people in front of me and behind me were completely ignored! And the lighting on photoshoots was crap. As a photographer myself, I would be ashamed at some of the images I saw.

Craig Parker is possibly the nicest and best guest ever! Did he ever not sit in his chair?!?

Stressfull and disorganised are the two words I'd use to describe the majority of Saturday at LFCC.

When we got to the queue we asked where disabled people should queue and it took being bounced from one person to the next and back again as well as having to walk the length of the queue several times before anything was sorted out.

Other enormous weekend long cons I've been to you get a disabled pass and register your carer, you have a specific point of contact and all people organising queues know where and how to put the people with the disabled passes in the queue. They don't just tell you to go and find the end of the queue or to have a look through the queue for the front and insert yourself. Believe or not, even though people can see you have a walking stick etc, they still get a little miffed sometimes if you ask to go in front of them in the queue.

in the Chris Judge photo shoot I asked the lady on duty going in if there was someone who could take me walking stick from me while i had my photo taken so she went and spoke to the lady on the waiting on the exit side, guiding people out if she could take it for me. However when it came to it I stood next to Chris but the lady was too busy calling across the photo room talking to someone on the otherside of the room and I couldn't catch her attention. I ended up have my photo taken with one hand holding out my walking stick in the air. It was a little bit embarassing for me as I think Chris Judge thought i was trying to throw my arms around him.

However the young blonde guy working the Ben Browder queue was extrememly polite and patient, even when he was literally swamped with people trying to ask questions. He ran about trying to get answers when he didn't know the answer himself.

I'm not even going to go into the photo shoot collection, everyone has already made the points I wanted to make.

One suggestion I had an I don't know if it's possible but why not do all the photo shoots in the morning and autographs in the afternoon?

that was me that took your ticket off of you during the chris judge photoshoot... i did ask the lady to take the stick off of you. i thought this had been done?

and I'm also sick of getting smashed into every few seconds by people not looking where they're walking.

I got shouldered out of the way twice, once to the point of struggling to keep my footing. This was just when I was standing looking at stalls, so not blocking the way to trying to get too close to a guest - both times this happened it was by crew in blue shirts. Neither looked back or apologised. The crew I spoke with were all lovely as usual, though.

On the subject of getting knocked around - is it too much to ask that people be a little practical with their cosplay decisions when they know they are going to be in such a closely packed venue, or at least be aware that having weapons strapped in a cross on your back is going to make you a hazard? Saw so many people ducking out of the way of clubs etc. And nearly missed my place in the Nicholas Lea photo queue while a group of people manipulated their friend in a black dragon type costume through the doorway to the toilets... I love cosplay, but surely a little thought to the enviroment isn't too much to ask? And as someone has already posted, it's the same with the remote control droids - perhaps a place could set aside for these so everyone gets to see them without them causing the huge gridlock.

On the whole the event was great - much prefer Olympia over Earls Court, but I think organisation suffered hugely just from the sheer size of the event. Didn't have any issues with queueing - got there after 9.30ish and we were in really fast. The signing area a the end was a mess - there needed to be some dividing barriers where Anthony Head and Kevin Sorbo was, as it was impossible to tell who was queueing and who was just rubbernecking. And some panels between the entrance to the loos and Mitch Pileggi would have been a good idea - I thought there was a huge queue for the ladies but turned out to be people taking pics of Hayden.

Sound in the talks was hideous as ever - we left the Dredd panel as I couldn't hear what was being said.

Dropping the lights (presumably in prep for the Dredd panel) was a bit of a disaster as so many of the guests left in the dark were doing over the table photos. I didn't expect after waiting 17 years to meet Nicholas Lea that I'd need a flashlight to see him!

Would love to see the event at Olympia again with a few organisational tweaks though - it was a really good day.

Edited by timpe

that was me that took your ticket off of you during the chris judge photoshoot... i did ask the lady to take the stick off of you. i thought this had been done?

Thank you very much for trying to sort it out in the first place but unfortunately no, it didn't happen when the time came. I'm afraid I was left with my hand waving my stick about at the side of Chris. The lady was trying to comminicate with someone on the otherside of the room when my photo op occurred so I guess she missed me.

Hi there people,

OK, with this being my 2nd LFCC, and my first memorabilia event in 7 years due to the fact that I haven’t had the chance to attend in recent years, but have attended quite a few signings (Collectormania's and conventions), and sci-fi related events since the early 90s. Coming back to the amazing atmosphere of 1000s of people coming together, and sharing their interests, it was a welcome return. Also this time, I brought my wife with me on her very first sci-fi event, so the experience for her had to be special and memorable. We only had the one day, being Saturday to get everything done, what with photo shoots and autographs.

Now to the actual day, over the years I think the events have been getting bigger, especially in guest attendances. I only specifically aimed to getting 3 photo shoots and 3 autographs, despite the fact there were quite a few more I really wanted, but with previous experience and limited time for us yesterday, I had to be realistic and prioritise who I really wanted to see and obtained my photo shoots and autographs.

An excellent decision on being able to purchase pre-paid some photo shoots and autographs. Ever since I knew Jeri Ryan was going, these were bought months ago. Just a shame I could not purchase more photo shoots for other guests, as not all were available online.

The only real bad thing with yesterday was actually getting to the event. We travelled from 4am yesterday from Blackpool. Getting to London was the simple part, but getting to the venue was another. Despite the fact I did research on how to get there and also made a travel plan using either the overhead or underground services. We found out (at London Euston), the overhead service was not in use (this was between 9am-10am at least), so we used the underground. There were notices at the Earls Court, but these conflicted with we were getting told by station staff, and that the service to the venue by underground/overhead trains were not in use, and thus we had to get the bus. Anybody else have any issues on this? :crying:

Luckily, there was a few crowds with the same problem, so most of us stuck together and got the relevant bus, and got to the venue for about 9.30am. I checked the forum on here, and would have been good if the organisers had prior knowledge of this, if they had knowledge of this of course. Then we had to find out which queues to join. This could have been sign posted a little better, outside the entrance, and even on the High Street of knowing where to go. Even 1 person with a gold entry ticket came to me and asked where to go. If I was him, I would have not been happy after paying the extra for a gold ticket.

After getting into the event, we could of done with sign posts to point to certain areas in the event immediately upon entering the hall. Even some of the stewards around the entrance area didn’t really have an idea of where certain guest’s photo booths were. I have a photo shoot with Jane Badler at 9.50, and I thought at I was not going to make it. Then there was the challenge of joining the massive queue to purchase the autographs tickets I hadn’t got already online.

My wife bravely joined the extremely long queue for the 2 other photo shoots, whilst I got my 1st photo shoot done. We decided to buy 2 talk tickets for Jeri Ryan. My 2nd photo shoot was with Gates McFadden between 11.20-11.40am. I noticed the Jeri Ryan 1st photo shoot was between 10.35-11.35 for people who had 1-400 on their tickets. My ticket number was 408, and as soon as I had my Gates McFadden photo shoot, it was 11.30, and then shot over to Zone A, just to see if the queuing for Jeri Ryan’s photo shoot was still going on. I was extremely lucky, and praise to the steward on Jeri’s stand to let me get my photo shoot done, coming up to the closing of her 1st shoot. At this point things were going better than planned as I had all my photo shoots done by 11.45. :smile:

Over to the Jeri Ryan talk we both went at 12.00. I kind of thought that to talk was extremely short, and only featured just a Q & A, as I thought she was going to talk about experiences and career, and as other people have pointed out, the sound quality of the P.A. used was not very good at all, and being a sound engineer for theatres, I would know this. Yes the ambience in hall would make it more difficult to hear, so maybe that was a venue mistake. I would say next time, have separate room areas, that are at least more shielded from other noises, but still, it was great just to finally see Jeri Ryan in her talk session.

I thought the quality of the merchandise stands have dropped since I last attended a Showmasters event, and only mainly seem to deal with photographs. The amount of stalls was fine, but there were hardly any stalls dedicating to selling DVDs or blu-rays , as I normally come away with a few. The amount of stalls selling figures and models was good mind.

I have noticed that some people experienced problems when retrieving their photos from the guest shoots. Being told that there was a wait of 2-3 hours from the shoot, I thought that this was reasonable. I managed to pick up Jane Badler’s photo just a little over 2 hours. Gates McFadden and Jeri Ryan’s photo pickups was around the 2 ¾ hours after the shoot. I would have to admit, this was a really good time frame considering the work that was involved in producing them, so praise really to the photo personal on the day for producing them to a great quality and time frame. :thumbup:

Obtaining my autographs was again, rather effortless, as my waiting time at most for each was only 15 minutes at most. Gates McFadden’s sign did say 2.30pm for signing, but not arriving until 45 minutes after that time, but other than that, the queuing was great.

Overall the day went really well, and the wife taking pictures at the event and walking around the stalls, and seeing the stars was enough to keep her happy, and she thoroughly enjoyed herself, and will be coming to more in the future with me.

We have already booked out tickets for Star Trek: Destination London, which we plan for the whole weekend, and are looking forward to it. :smile:

The key thing people need to realise that you have to be realistic in what you intend to do on the day you arrive, and prioritise what photo shoot and autographs you really want. If you intend to get a lot of photo shoots done and buy a lot of autographs, you will experience some difficulties in getting all of them done in such a short time frame, so you really need choose who is really important to you to have done, and maybe save other for a possible future attendance. I don’t know if I was extremely lucky with how my photo shoots and autographs turned out, but I managed to get all my photo shoots actually signed as well as obtaining another autograph from the 3 guests I intended to get done.

Well done to Showmasters for putting on another great event, but I would address some other issues from attendees on the problems they experienced, because at the end of the day, we are the ones who are paying for it.

Thanks, and again, well done :dance:

saw all the Transformers artists really quickly all lovely, but the more popular Gary Frank was a bit of a nightmare. joined a que of about 40 people which wasnt too bad however i spent 20 minutes standing in the same spot with the que not moving. after a quivk investigation i found this was because he was sketching peoples requests which took 20 minutes a go and then there were also people taking stacks of 30- 40 comic to get signed. after 2 hours of waiting i was 6/7 people from the front and he started packing away and saying this was the last person he was going to sign for it was only 4pm and there was only about 10 more people in the que. Admittidly i did say rather loudly so ive been standing here for 2 hours and now im going to get nothing, which provoked him to say fine everyone can get one thing signed. I thijnk if i hadn't of said this he would have happily walked away. I think in future ot would be good to have someoene monitoring this and restricting the amount of things that people get signed, restricting the amount of sketches done to request or having specific sessions for this. having two ques one for people who want sketches onefor people whom just want signings. i think the more poular comic artist need this to save disappointment.

I was also in Gary Frank's queue yesterday. I joined it just after he finished his talk. I should probably have skipped the talk though because, by the time I got to him at 3.50pm, he couldn't take any more sketch requests and I was only able to come to the show on Saturday. I did at least get my items signed (just 3 graphic novels not the stacks of comics that you described) so it wasn't a total letdown but I really did want a sketch from him. On the plus side, I got a nice Iron Man sketch from comics legend Jim Starlin and a cool Batman one by Jesus Saiz as well as signatures from both of them so it was a reasonably successful day overall. I do agree that there should be a limit on how many items you can bring to get signed so more people can get to see popular artists like him and thus also allowing more time for sketches for those that want one.

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum, having attended Collectormania and LFCC for the past 4-5 years. After yesterday (Saturday), I was keen to come onto the forum to see how everyone's experience of the day was, as mine had highs and lows. I've tried to condense my experience, and subsequent advice to Showmasters, down into the following points:

The Worst Thing

• Has to be, the Early-Bird queue. If you can call it that. My friend Sam and I purchased Early Bird tickets months ago, to ensure we got inside the event in good time. We took the tube to Olympia and arrived at a little after 8am with no problems at all. As we emerged outside of the entrance, there looked to be 800-1200 people already queueing outside in a fairly organised fashion. My heart dropped slightly, as this was far, far more than I expected. Last year, I got into Earl's Court at about 11am, with a primary goal of meeting Christopher Lloyd and getting my BTF poster signed. My virtual queuing number was something crazy like 1500, and the guy policing the queue insisted it would never get that high. To my luck however, I found a 500 something number on the floor later in the day, and got to meet Christopher Lloyd. Anyway, back to yesterday – I HAD to meet Gillian Anderson. I've been a massive X-Files fan since I was very young. I needed a low virtual queuing number, so that I wasn't walking round with my X-Files poster all day in anxiety.

Sam and I joined the back of the queue, and found the split between Early-bird ticket holders, and those that had arrived without tickets. All was well; good old-fashioned British queueing. Albeit long. About 9:30 the queue was getting really long, double backing on itself, people were walking up and down the road outside not knowing where the front or back of the queue was. People who were just arriving appeared to be heading down to the entrance and not coming back. Everyone around us began to become uneasy which was then confounded by what happened next.

A man appeared with a Megaphone, and was simply shouting “If you have a ticket, make your way to the entrance, if you don't, queue here” (where we were). The ticket-holding queue that I was in, then joined the masses of people that had already been sent to the front entrance (from the back) – to try and get in, ahead of all the people who were just arriving. Chaos ensued. Now that all Early-bird ticket holders where swirling around the entrance, we all began filing in. Everyone was very annoyed though, as the hour-strong queue chunk that I was in, was simply let in after the people who arrived after us. Everybody, and I mean everybody that I queued with, and subsequently filed in with were fuming. The queue broke down further close to the door. After the mega-phone and mad rush for the doors, the 'Snake' like queue simply turned to a mob, when a group of people chose to break the queue and simply pile for the entrance.

Sorry about the waffle, but I can't explain how frustrating it was. Not that there was a massive queue, but the fact that it simply wasn't organised, and hundreds and hundreds of people got in before the people who had arrived over an hour before them. Ridiculous.

The Other Bad Things

• The Greenhouse venue did cause BO problems. But hey, it's a sci-fi/comic convention – not everyone feels the need to use deodorant. And it was very hot.
  • Seating. As always, nowhere to sit or organise your belongings.
  • Not enough bins. People push flyers on you, things come in wrappers. We needed bins to put them in.
  • Some of the autograph queues were a little tight. One annoying guest knocked my friend Sam's 'special pen' out of his hand, that had been used to have his poster consistently signed by guests over the past few years. Once the pen hit the ground, it was never seen again.
  • Not much choice for food and beverages.
  • I hear Frank Spotnitz was announced only this morning? I would still be down there today if I'd known???

The Good Things

• Some of the staff, were great. I thought they were volunteers, but two of the people I spoke to said they were all being paid. Either way, they were helpful, patient and seemed to be enjoying the day!
  • The guests were incredible. Not just who Showmasters managed to secure, but the guests themselves were great.
  • Fair prices. I thought the ticket and autograph prices were fair once again.
  • The Dealers. A great, huge variety of dealers, all of which I spoke with were fantastic.
  • I got to meet all the guests I wanted to, before midday. Phew!

My advice to Showmasters from my experience.

The only real disappointment for me was the queue. Not the length, just the fact that hundreds of people who arrived an hour after me, got in before me. I queued patiently, but the lack of organisation outside caused the frustrated swarm of people to simply rush the entrance. It wasn't nice to hear people shouting and screaming at each other as they pushed by and yelled at your poor staff who were trying their best to shepherd the queue.

Here's my instragram of my Autographs.

Edited by bav
  • Like 1

BO is a problem at every event... Can they not smell themselves?!

Actually, some people get "used" to their own smell and no longer notice that they smell bad.

Add in the amount of people in the building, plus the kind of building it is and it all gets amplified. The heat in addition makes people sweat more, in turn making them smell worse.

I don't think there is a solution (other than the suggestions on making the area close to you smell nicer, like the wrists suggestion)

The Good Things
  • Some of the staff, were great. I thought they were volunteers, but two of the people I spoke to said they were all being paid. Either way, they were helpful, patient and seemed to be enjoying the day!

we are volunteers actually, i worked for like 7 hours and got a zach galligan autograph out of it, thats all :)

• Like 1

Well the first thing which most people have said the queuing for Saturday was a complete farce. We had early bird tickets but could only see A4 signs for pay at the door. No staff about to ask we ask the other people in the queue and found where we should be. Then taking ages to get in as we did the snake around near the door going up and down about 4 or 5 times as we were finally in the home stretch to get inside, some idiot decides to open the other entrance door and suddenly all the people in the queue just head for the door which cause a bottle neck which stop slowe it down even more. So people who arrived after me got in before me. What is the point in me getting up earlier and getting there early when people who arrived later get in before me? Also as we went pass the gold pass entrance and the doors opened some lady who was in her 50/60's barge passed me to get in nearly knocking me of my feet, she never said sorry and just carried on. Then saw her about 15mins later in the early bird queue which she must have pushed in,( so she could not have had a good pass but was just trying to get in)

Anyway the bad points inside? I will never pay for another talk. I paid £25 for Gillian and had trouble hearing what she said. If you are doing paid talks make sure you have speakers that are loud enough so we can here them. I can't have been the only one as 4 people asked Gillian the same questions during the talk. Also the girl asking the question can she have a hug. How embrassing and time wasting and stops someone else asking a question. Cause the sound was so poor I didn't bother to hang around for th Dredd talk which I really wanting to see.

The collection of photos again people just stand at the tables not moving or deciding to talk to their friends at the front so stopping other people seeing if their photos are there.

The plus points. Jewel Staite was lovely. Really nice at the photoshoot and again when I got my picture signed.

The GOT chair shoot photo was amazing an a really good photo. Well worth the £5 and well done for having a sword prop to hold.

Karl Urban it was late in the day and I saw he had a open queue I ask the guy on the front if there were any Dredd photos to sign he said yes go and have a look. Met Karl he was really nice got to shake the his hand and said thanks to me when I told him he was really good in Star Trek.

So good and bad points, but the queuing really needs to be sorted out in future.

The Good Things

we are volunteers actually, i worked for like 7 hours and got a zach galligan autograph out of it, thats all :)

That's cool Chloe, I only mentioned because I felt sorry for the staff being yelled at outside. If you're ALL volunteers, I feel even more sorry for those who were outside in the morning. I saw an unfortunate young blonde lady having some guy yelling right in her face about the queue jumping. Do you guys get to meet all of the guests before/after or is it just luck during intervals etc?

Next time I am taking a cane, to whack people out of the way with...LOOK WHERE YOU'RE GOING PLEASE? Not all disabled people have a wheelchair and I was pulling my poor husband's arm out of its socket at some points trying to keep my balance, and avoid being walked into or shoved. I saw a number of little people as well as Kenny Baker get walked smack into because you lot with your heads in the clouds weren't looking DOWN. Little people and children do exist, you know. Look for us before you wind us up to the point of having a sore shin, why don't you?

Directions to venue - poor. Can be improved.

Whose idea was it to let booze in? The tube at the end of the day was full of drunkards. Beer and BO. *HURLS*.

Should have bought my own food and cold drink though, as the prices... *wince*.

An enormous shout to Kevin Sorbo, gorgeous guy, all the time in the world, want to see him again.

And thanks to all the crew, too. It was manic and I do not envy you. I knew it was going to be hot, but it was hotter than I had expected with the crowds.

The one gripe was that my husband missed the chance to get a photo of the Iron Throne. Can the times for limited-viewing props such as this be better advertised next time? And can we please have the Throne back again?

Other than that, for me at least, it was a cheap day out. Didn't stay for Anthony Head although I would have liked to: I had ticket 760 and he was only up to 655 at around 5pm. Saw Kevin Sorbo (for my US friend who shrieked so loudly when I told her I had an autographed pic that I swear you could have heard it in Olympia) and raided the ssecond hand book stall and the Beanie Babies stall.

Glad I missed the early bird fiasco but I think we're going to have to get there a bit earlier next time. With food, drink and a cane...

This was my 1st Lfcc travelled from Cardiff. The end result was okay I got to meet the celebs that I'd planned seeing. Got the two photoshoots done that I pre booked. Like everyone else is saying you gotta sort the queuing system out I booked my early bird tickets ages ago blah blah blah. From previous conventions I have attended I don't think it is a good idea to have a ticket system to meet a celeb. A star wars event didn't have it and it worked perfectly. The staff were doing their best, they were really nice and really patient. Not their fault at all but considering the size of the convention and pre booked tickets sold someone higher up should have had a better planning system. The printed photos system after the photoshoots was a shambles waited 4 hours for the jewel staite photos to come out. The ques were a shambles. For what was supposed to be a fun day turned out to be one of the most stressful days ever but came away with what I needed. Would be interested in finding out your plans for the next one before you actually launch it. Changes need to be made. The celebs were fab, all very friendly and went the extra distance on the day. Thanks again for putting this on just needs better management. :)

Managed to get all the autographs i wanted,thought the stalls were really poor, same overpriced mounted autographs and some of the stuff for sale is mind blowing.The queing to get in was a bit time consuming,and all was revealed when we finally got to the counter to pay

only two people on the desk,reminded me of a post office or bank,overall prefer earls court. just my opinion though.(and thats nothing to do with the pubs are better by earls court)

i still think it would be better if you had all the autograph hunters on one day and photoshoots the next.

if you have a long way to travel and as like yesterday cant get to venue until well after 9.30 your looking at having a ticket for the top guests well into the late 800s.got lucky yesterday but if you have a train to catch and you wait round all day your in for a big dissapointment.

apart from that had a reasonable,productive day. well done to all!!

Edited by malc75

The Good Things

That's cool Chloe, I only mentioned because I felt sorry for the staff being yelled at outside. If you're ALL volunteers, I feel even more sorry for those who were outside in the morning. I saw an unfortunate young blonde lady having some guy yelling right in her face about the queue jumping. Do you guys get to meet all of the guests before/after or is it just luck during intervals etc?

i was working on photoshoots so i got to meet michael winslow, zach galligan, alex winter, chris judge etc, but for some people that are doing crew handling etc they dont get to meet people i dont think, i got a zach galligan autograph and had to go back to him twice as he was so lovely :)

Tbh what crew do or don't get isnt something to be discussed on forums (no bad intent towards attendee who asked) :) we are all volunteers and we are treated VERY well by Jason and co. We wouldn't rep coming back if we didn't love it :D

• Like 2