Roger Moore release new book in October - perfect timing for a signing

keithporter23

As the title says Sir Roger has a new book out in October 'Bond on Bond'. Wouldn't it be the perfect opportunity to have him along, even just for one day?

Maybe it could even be a pre-sale where attendees purchase a ticket online for a copy of the book (the same system as photoshoot tickets) to ensure he won't be overwhelmed. Of course, photoshoots would also be most welcome!!!

He does sign through a site with other bond actors. (I presume it's their agent) However he usually signs with all proceeds go to charity, and I presume that would be his clause if he did do a signing. I would link, but I think it's against the rules.

That's the thing I've never quite understood about charity-only signers. If an actor says they only sign for charity, why are they then against the idea of doing signings like Showmasters shows? Surely that would be the ideal way to make a fortune for charity, while pleasing their fans too. Everyone's a winner.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's the thing I've never quite understood about charity-only signers. If an actor says they only sign for charity, why are they then against the idea of doing signings like Showmasters shows? Surely that would be the ideal way to make a fortune for charity, while pleasing their fans too. Everyone's a winner.

That's not quite true, the fans, the actor and the charity would be winners, but the event organisers would have all the hassle of arranging the signing and wouldn't get anything out of it

That's not quite true, the fans, the actor and the charity would be winners, but the event organisers would have all the hassle of arranging the signing and wouldn't get anything out of it

That's not quite true either - the organisers would see a significant increase in attendance, which may increase sales for other guests.

Also, the public like to support organisations who are seen to be supporting charity. A win-win for all concerned!

Edited by keithporter23

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it would be great to have Sir.Roger at any showmasters event.

i was fortunate enough to meet him in 2008 at a book signing. and would recomend to anyone who really wants to meet him to get along to one of his upcoming tour shows or one of the few upcoming signings. as he is a very rare signer so wouldnt miss this chance in october.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...