Karl Urban Personalising?

I saw he had a open queue on Saturday around 4.30pm so decided to get a Dredd photo done. Told him I was really looking forward to the film he said it was great fun to work on and then he wrote Judgement Time on my photo as well. Also told him he was excellent in Star Trek and got to shake his hand as well.

Really nice guy.

He may have not been personalising when I got to the queue around 1:30ish, but when he was about to sign my Dredd teaser poster pic he asked me what I thought of this, I said I was looking forward to seeing it, so he wrote 'Judgement Time' with his signature. So its what you make of it really, you may get it personalised and if you're lucky like me you may get a quote especially if its his new baby Dredd.

He put that on mine too. I think he may have been putting it on all of the Dredd poster pics. Cool none the less, was nice to get a quote too, lovely guy!

I had the distinct pleasure of being Karl's guest assistant on Saturday and I can clear up the blue sharpie and the personalisations questions...

I was told by his people that he refuses to sign in blue pen because he's aware that there is a great deal of fake autographs out there and most of them are in blue. If he doesn't use blue then people will know that a blue auto on sale stands a higher-than-average chance of being fake. It's in your favour, really. Should you ever come to sell that auto on, savvy buyers won't assume it's fake.

Personalisations. Well, Karl was a law unto himself. He IS the law, after all. Personalisations were stopped on Saturday at around 11.30 when it became obvious that he wasn't going to have the time to see everyone and the crew saw how busy the event was getting. However, Karl preferred to personalise and understood that there were a lot of people waiting to meet him, so he made sure to say a little something to everyone who came through and those who stood out or made an effort to ask questions, etc, were asked for names so he could write them on their items. The signs and crew all did their job by telling you, quite correctly, that personalisations were not allowed but Karl wasn't sticking to the rules and some people were luckier than others.

I can honestly say that he was one of the nicest and friendlient guests I have worked with in almost 8 years of crewing. He's a genuinely nice guy and really enjoyed meeting the fans - he even felt guilty for leaving people waiting while he went to the little boy's room, lol.

• Like 1

I was working his cash and totally agree with Yvie. All the crew, quite rightly, advised of the rules as we were told them. Karl was lovely (although I pretty much only saw him through the queue!) and hopefully everyone had a great experience with him. :smile:

I had the distinct pleasure of being Karl's guest assistant on Saturday and I can clear up the blue sharpie and the personalisations questions...

And if I'm right, you were on his cash desk on Sunday? had a chat with you about Lea Thompson (because of my name - I'm not a duck ;) ) and Elijah Wood at CM4 etc.

I was told by his people that he refuses to sign in blue pen because he's aware that there is a great deal of fake autographs out there and most of them are in blue. If he doesn't use blue then people will know that a blue auto on sale stands a higher-than-average chance of being fake. It's in your favour, really. Should you ever come to sell that auto on, savvy buyers won't assume it's fake.

That's really interesting. Maybe if there had been the time to explain that person wouldn't have felt so bad about it.

I can honestly say that he was one of the nicest and friendlient guests I have worked with in almost 8 years of crewing. He's a genuinely nice guy and really enjoyed meeting the fans - he even felt guilty for leaving people waiting while he went to the little boy's room, lol.

I was pursuaded to meet him by a friend on Sunday as I wasn't originally going to and I expected a bit of a Hollywood ego to be honest, being rushed etc but he totally won me over. Very welcoming, great handshake, personalising and gave me a great answer to the things I asked him. Should have asked for the character name under his sig as he did on my friends poster but that's a minor thing. Very impressed.

Edited by Rockstar6662

I'm disappointed I didn't meet him, now. I had a ticket at just below 300 and had seen the signs go from "no posed photos" to "no photos" and "personalisations only, no quotes" to "no personalisations" and assumed it had gone to the familiar conveyor belt signing system that popular guests sometimes get into so I didn't think it was worth the £35 if I wasn't going to get anything more than a signature and maybe a brief acknowledgement. Had these people been viewable and not secreted away behind barriers, then I may have been able to see that he was in fact chatting with people and I would have happily gone up, regardless of personalisations. Shame.

I'm disappointed I didn't meet him, now. I had a ticket at just below 300 and had seen the signs go from "no posed photos" to "no photos" and "personalisations only, no quotes" to "no personalisations" and assumed it had gone to the familiar conveyor belt signing system that popular guests sometimes get into so I didn't think it was worth the £35 if I wasn't going to get anything more than a signature and maybe a brief acknowledgement. Had these people been viewable and not secreted away behind barriers, then I may have been able to see that he was in fact chatting with people and I would have happily gone up, regardless of personalisations. Shame.

That's exactly why I also didn't go to him even though I got the VQ. What a shame!

i was told no personalisation and he didnt, BUT i told him i was coming back to get the doom photo of him, he said if i did he would write something special on, thought yeah yeah. went bak a wee while later and reminded him what he said then the girl sitting with him said yes u did say, thanks to that girl and i got a lovely personal message

went bak a wee while later and reminded him what he said then the girl sitting with him said yes u did say, thanks to that girl and i got a lovely personal message

That was me, and you're very welcome!

And if I'm right, you were on his cash desk on Sunday? had a chat with you about Lea Thompson (because of my name - I'm not a duck ;) ) and Elijah Wood at CM4 etc.

Yep, that was me! I'll remember your name forever and a day, but I've probably already forgotten your face so you'll need to remind me next time, lol.

I'm glad you had a good time.