Rough Layout

This has just been posted on the Showmasters Twitter:

All visitors report to the hanger deck/shuttle bay.

You don't need to see their identification... This isn't the Millennium Falcon you've been looking for.

The venues always look huge empty. Then you get 100 guests and agents, 230+ crew, 400 dealers, 50 venue staff, all the tables and chairs and THEN the 20,000 attendees and suddenly it's not so big.

Although talking to the guys there it is smegging huge.

Will be interesting to get in there and momentarily be blown away by just how massive it is, and then realise that theres more important stuff to do. This time I wont be taking it all in (the way I did on Stage 7) I get the feeling that it will be quite something and will compliment this event also.

From what ive seen in other photos of the place thers alot more room that cant be seen on the photo. Lighting looks like it will be good aswel. Dose anyone know if they will be using the gallery space around the sides aswel thats would be good for stalls

• Moderators

Thank you :)

Question what does VQ's mean?

VQ = Virtual Queue. Also known as VT (Virtual-queue ticket). It's showmasters' lovely system of making sure no one has to spend all day in a queue for one guest.

• Like 1

You don't need to see their identification... This isn't the Millennium Falcon you've been looking for.

I first saw the photo on my mobile. It reminded me more of Kirk's Enterprise's hanger deck than Death star's.

Will all the guests that are there friday be in signing area 2? Because that was the area for guests that dont have VTs?

There are no Virtual Queue Tickets for anyone at all on Friday night, because there won't be enough attendees to merit them. But the guests who are there on Friday night probably won't all be in area 51 2 because they'll be set up for where they'll be on Sat and Sun, when they could be on Virtual Queue Tickets.

so whats in singing area 2, is that only the ground floor, is there an upstairs or anything?

I read elsewhere that the show is on one level.

Edited by laurab1

Am at the venue, photo shoot D will be just to the left of photo shoot C :)

Cool. Looks like I wont have to walk as briskly as I thought I was going to be to get from Gillians Photoshoot to Zachs.

Thanks for letting us know :) X

It doesn't look very big? But then I'm guessing he photo doesn't capture most

I have just remembered I have been there! It was for pub show back in 2003 (and yes I got free alcohol all day!). The Grand Hall is definitely much larger than it appears there.