EXCLUSIVE! tv panel revealed - Hunted

As I posted here http://showmasterson...showtopic=76740

I've not been asked to crew them so my honest answer is they are more than likely only there for the talk and that's it. Sorry.

No chance to get a photo with Melissa and Frank or a signature?

As far as I know, no. They are doing the talk only, nothing else.

Oh no, that's a shame.

I would have loved to of met Melissa and Frank.

• Like 1

Swinny please could you edit out the name of the other event that you mentioned, it's not allowed to mention non-Showmasters events on this forum.

Also, this event is VERY differently run to the one you mentioned before, you certainly can't just approach a guest and ask for a photo or an autograph if it has not been officially set up.

Edited by jael001

Very Sorry I wasnt aware you couldnt mention othe conventions and I didnt say I approached a Guest it was sorted out by the staff just seems a shame to have such a decent star appearing at the event especially with quite a few cancellations etc...

As I posted here http://showmasterson...showtopic=76740

I've not been asked to crew them so my honest answer is they are more than likely only there for the talk and that's it. Sorry.

No chance to get a photo with Melissa and Frank or a signature?

As far as I know, no. They are doing the talk only, nothing else.

as they are in the building its a great chance to ask Melissa to do a signing at showmasters events in the future. :smile: I'm sure she'd be popular, she seems like the kind of star that would enjoy it as shes so nice at premieres etc

I enjoyed the 10 minute preview of this it looks a gritty drama so well worth a look at when its out in the autumn. To cap the panel off they were both happy to sign one auto each for free to everyone who attended the panel, an unexpected but very welcome suprise. :)

• Like 1

It looked awesome. And many thanks to Showmasters for the signing afterwards. Was amazing to meet Frank as I was a huge X Files fan. And meeting Melissa was an added bonus to an amazing weekend x

The panel was really good, and what a nice surprise to be able to meet them afterwards to get a signed postcard from them.

The drawback that near enough ruined the whole event for me? The absolute rudeness of two of the crew members sat at the autograph table. Downright rude - in front of Melissa and Frank, constantly shouting out 'no personalisations!' and 'keep moving, move right along!' - how is it possible to 'move right along' when you're in a queue, and the normal thing to do when queuing is wait until it is your turn to keep moving?

Melissa was lovely, signed the postcard in front of me and passed it to the crew member who would give it to Frank to sign, only another crew member gave me a pre-signed postcard instead. I politely asked if I could wait and get the postcard that Melissa had signed infront of me - that Frank was literally just about to sign, as it does make a difference to see it being signed, and have the one that was signed for you - only to be *shouted* at by the crew member sat behind the table passing the postcards along - that 'it doesn't make a difference! They've signed them all, they're all the same!' (just as Frank was signing my postcard and about to pass it to me).

Now I'm sorry, but what is the point in these signing shows if, apparently, according to a Showmaster's crew member - and therefore spokesperson - it doesn't make a difference if you see the guest signing in front of you? Should we all just buy our autographs off the internet instead? Should I not bother paying to come to these events if it doesn't make a difference? Am I missing the entire point of these signing shows?

Needless to say, I was pretty mortified after being shouted at - and in front of these two lovely guests. I ignored the crew member as I thought it was so unprofessional of her and didn't want to get into an argument, thanked Frank (who passed me the postcard with no issues right at that moment) and walked away. The whole thing was really upsetting, and left a sour taste about the whole weekend.

Some of the crew at the event over the weekend really need a lesson in manners to be quite honest. Which is a shame as there were so many friendly, helpful crew members, but it's the rude ones that stay in your memory. I think they need to realise that attendees take holidays and spend a lot of their hard earned wages at these events, and quite simply, it is unprofessional and terrible customer service to treat people like that.

• Like 2

Devastated not to meet Melissa, total lack of communication at event (there is a PA system at the venue for a reason!)

Couldn't go to talk cos stuck in photo shoot line & no 'jump ahead of queue policy' for that type of clash. :no:

Poor all round really for promo purposes.

The signing was only for people at the talk, so it sounds like you wouldn't have met them anyway.

Was happy enough for just the talk but then I heard they were signing I was over the moon! Huge X Files fan so Frank was an awesome guest to get for free. Melissa was so great too. And the show looks totally amazing too

The panel was great and a highlight of the weekend especially with the signing at the end of the panel and meeting Melissa George. :dance: The show itself, the preview was a great hook, which left you wanting more, cant wait to watch the series this Autum.

I just hope that other shows/ networks will see the benefit of using SM for promoting their new shows like Dredd and these panels will become a regular part of these events.

I was stuck in a photo shoot queue but could of popped into talk at end but alas no info stating thats what you could do.

So clearly not my day cos no one said anything about this.

I have to say I agree totally with you.

I too was caught up in a photo shoot and missed the talk, had I known that they were signing, I would have gone to the talk instead.

Very annoyed and sad that I missed it.

The panel was really good, and what a nice surprise to be able to meet them afterwards to get a signed postcard from them.

The drawback that near enough ruined the whole event for me? The absolute rudeness of two of the crew members sat at the autograph table. Downright rude - in front of Melissa and Frank, constantly shouting out 'no personalisations!' and 'keep moving, move right along!' - how is it possible to 'move right along' when you're in a queue, and the normal thing to do when queuing is wait until it is your turn to keep moving?

Melissa was lovely, signed the postcard in front of me and passed it to the crew member who would give it to Frank to sign, only another crew member gave me a pre-signed postcard instead. I politely asked if I could wait and get the postcard that Melissa had signed infront of me - that Frank was literally just about to sign, as it does make a difference to see it being signed, and have the one that was signed for you - only to be *shouted* at by the crew member sat behind the table passing the postcards along - that 'it doesn't make a difference! They've signed them all, they're all the same!' (just as Frank was signing my postcard and about to pass it to me).

Now I'm sorry, but what is the point in these signing shows if, apparently, according to a Showmaster's crew member - and therefore spokesperson - it doesn't make a difference if you see the guest signing in front of you? Should we all just buy our autographs off the internet instead? Should I not bother paying to come to these events if it doesn't make a difference? Am I missing the entire point of these signing shows?

Needless to say, I was pretty mortified after being shouted at - and in front of these two lovely guests. I ignored the crew member as I thought it was so unprofessional of her and didn't want to get into an argument, thanked Frank (who passed me the postcard with no issues right at that moment) and walked away. The whole thing was really upsetting, and left a sour taste about the whole weekend.

Some of the crew at the event over the weekend really need a lesson in manners to be quite honest. Which is a shame as there were so many friendly, helpful crew members, but it's the rude ones that stay in your memory. I think they need to realise that attendees take holidays and spend a lot of their hard earned wages at these events, and quite simply, it is unprofessional and terrible customer service to treat people like that.

I couldnt agree more the staff on the whole were great but the ones after the talk with Melissa and Frank were downright rude and unprofessional as many of us have been to these events before we all know to move along quickly but to be shouted at for no reason be a free signing or not was very unprofessional

• Like 1

I agree I know they had quite a few people to get through, but it was tough. I had my own item for Melissa to sign, which she signed and as she did I took a quick photo as the crew member in the queue said photos could be taken but no posed. I was told to move on as I asked for a postcard for Frank to sign, to be told there was a pile of them by Frank, so I moved on and there was no pile of postcards by Frank, so I had to go back to the first crew member to get one which held the queue up because I was told something that wasn't so. But when all is said and done I was so happy to meet Melissa and get a lovely autograph, I've been wanting to meet her in ages.

Edited by GMan

I found out they signed long after it had finished. Yet again a complete lack of communication!

Last I had seen on here thurs night - No signing at all, JUST the panel.

Then a post at 10:55am the same morning that FRANK would be signing. For one, who could access the forums that time of day inside the venue if busy?! And didnt see or hear anything inside the venue.

And then I find out Melissa signed also! Not a happy bunny at missing out there.

I found out they signed long after it had finished. Yet again a complete lack of communication!

Last I had seen on here thurs night - No signing at all, JUST the panel.

Then a post at 10:55am the same morning that FRANK would be signing. For one, who could access the forums that time of day inside the venue if busy?! And didnt see or hear anything inside the venue.

And then I find out Melissa signed also! Not a happy bunny at missing out there.

The signing was for those that went to the TV Panel talk, It was announced inside the talk before it began and a reminder was said at the end of it also.

It seems that Melissa signing was a happy surprise for those that chose to attend the talk in full. Sometimes we miss out on things! And those that were interested in the panel got the nice surprise so it paid off, we cant all have everything :P

And here is the problem, it was said INSIDE THE TALK! We had been specifically told before hand that there would be NO signing.

If it had been mentioned before hand, then im sure more people would have attended it like myself and many others I know.

As it stood as just a panel and nothing else, then there was no reason to fit it into busy scheduals around photoshoots etc, hence why I didnt go to that one,or any other talk all weekend. Had I known before hand, I would have reworked my timetable for it.

Edited by crippsy_99

Perhaps it was done so that those who had a genuine interest (hence turning up to the panel) got the nice surprise, opossed to an announcement being made and a stampede of people coming across to get a freebie when the time frame was lmited

• Like 1

I moved one photo shoot when arriving on friday to avoid any conflict with this panel because I wanted to see Melissa again for years. The panel was excellent and Hunted seems like a show I will definitely follow on BBC.

The signing was such a nice surprise. I was still hoping for it so I brought my Triangle DVD for Melissa to sign, which she did. Of course I understand that this special signing had to be quick but it was way too rushed. Melissa and Frank were lovely and ready to talk a little bit, even shortly. It's a pity. But so happy to see the stunning and lovely Melissa George again. I wish her a lot of success with Hunted and I do hope to be able to meet her again in a near future in better conditions.

You stole my words. The signing was really too rushed and the way it was handled and the way attendees were shouted at during it was just plainly unacceptable. I don't see the point in organizing a signing in those conditions, and we don't have to accept EVERYTHING just because we should "consider lucky there's a signing" (i can see that argument coming from miles away)

Just as you, Melissa signed the card in front of me and before i could even move take it back or even "slide it" on the table to Frank, it was just kept on the table by a guest assistant and i was handled a pre-signed card by both, Frank didn't even sign the card in person, i didn't even have a chance to even cross his eyes as i was being told to move away!!! WTF?!?

I was just in front of the very last person in the queue, so there was really no reason for that. All happened so fast i didn't even realized what was happening and was left in confusion.

To be honest, better give a pre-signed card to any talk attendees than organize a last minute signing in those conditons! I didn't do anything to be shouted at like an animal, didn't ask for a picture or tried to engage the discussion. I was just waiting my turn for my card to be signed and i felt disrespected like never before.

Edited by God L'Eponge