Lords Of Time convention 7th to 9th of September

showmasters

Less well known actors can often be some of the best because they don't have the expectation attached too them. Also the bigger names may have done other cons and they actually start to lose their appeal IMO. Regular con-goers sometimes decide to skip a guest on stage as they have seen them 6,7,8 times. They know their most often used stories, know more or less what they are going to get and would rather mingle and chat with other fans who aren't at the Q&A sessions.

I enjoy the writers, Directors etc as much as the star names. However I do know lots of people don't. I do feel for them as guests when the request is put out does anyone have a question and no hands go up.

In my opinion I would rather have less well know actors and for the con to go ahead than ME concentrating on big name guests, not getting anyone and cancelling the con.

I really don't want this t be cancelled though but the lack of information is worrying. I dont know why but I have a feeling something will be announced on Tuesday...

DW11

I agree with this i have met most of the 'big' names and would love to meet some of the 'minor' cast, i have been talks with them before and they have been much more interesting and have funnier stories!!

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see any of the production staff - what are the chances of getting Russell T Davies, for instance? Or any of the directors/SFX people? Companions of the tenth (and eleventh!) Doctor would be great of course. Anyone who has worked on Ten's era (or classic or Eleven's if it comes to that but if you are aiming for a Tenth Doctor themed convention then perhaps that wouldn't work so well!)

I am not alone in wondering about the lack of guest info now that we are a month away from the event. I know you are professionals and am sure you have it all under control but you must admit these are quite unusual circumstances and whilst not wishing to scare-monger, I am a little concerned that I will very soon have to book train tickets if I don't want to pay over the odds for them; I understand that you don't wish to announce guests until they are signed but ... well, I'm trying not to be anxious about it but I have to admit that I am, a little. People are begging for info before making up their minds and I just feel that to ask for some kind of official response to them in the circumstances is not unreasonable. I'm sure we are worrying needlessly and it will be a great weekend but just a sign that you see and understand our concern (even if you think we're daft) would be very comforting for those unsure about booking. I hope I don't sound negative, I'm really not! :-)

Edited by ElaineJ

People are begging for info before making up their minds and I just feel that to ask for some kind of official response to them in the circumstances is not unreasonable. I'm sure we are worrying needlessly and it will be a great weekend but just a sign that you see and understand our concern (even if you think we're daft) would be very comforting for those unsure about booking. I hope I don't sound negative, I'm really not! :-)

Jason has posted this a couple of days ago: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77208entry1753355

People are begging for info before making up their minds and I just feel that to ask for some kind of official response to them in the circumstances is not unreasonable. I'm sure we are worrying needlessly and it will be a great weekend but just a sign that you see and understand our concern (even if you think we're daft) would be very comforting for those unsure about booking. I hope I don't sound negative, I'm really not! :-)

Jason has posted this a couple of days ago: http://showmasterson...8

Jason has posted this a couple of days ago: http://showmasterson...8

I was very happy indeed to see that (only got the notification today, not sure why**) - my worries have been completely allayed and we'll be booking our train tickets tomorrow - thanks for the link!

Edit: afterthought: **possibly because I've been away and have only been able to access emails on my phone :-).

Edited by ElaineJ

• 3 weeks later...

Has it been confirmed yet, what guests will be attending on which days? I notice it's been announced that David Tennant is doing another show in London on Saturday 8th (a comedy show, not a con), and is supposed to be filming in Bristol on the Friday -- so he's only attending on the Sunday? Do we know what guests will be there on the Saturday?