Lords Of Time convention 7th to 9th of September

showmasters

Don't like Dr Who so not going but its good news for many fans who are especially those who are fed up having to travel to london all the time. so well done for doing that.Nice to see events going to other parts of the country and the venue is a good one.

The vast majority of the ME shows have been outside London.

with the delay of this event and the fact tennant has been announced elsewhere which ive booked up means this at the moment is a no for me, the dates are hard for me also with work.

though I maybe persuaded to change my mind with more guests, will wait and see how the line up progresses,

I know you've been planning this event for a long time, however 2 months' notice isn't long enough for me (coming from the US) and there's no way I can make it. I adore your conventions: the fact that I made it 6 of the 8 Hub conventions is proof of that (or my insanity! lol) I hope this Doctor Who convention is a success and the first of many so I can get to at least one of them!

I also am seeing David elsewhere so sadly wont be coming, plus this seems rather rushed!

Hope eveyone enjoys the con though

Showmasters are aware that it is rather short notice for some people, but they have however been planning this event since last October. Circumstances got the better of them, though, and DT's schedule has only just been confirmed.

Edited by laurab1

Would Two Full Size Daleks be allowed to meet The Doctor himself ? at this SciFi Convention

Please E-Mail me at: craigadams20@gmail.com

You need to contact the office at info@showmastersonline.com please. I'd leave it a couple of days after LFACC though.

EDIT: It's getting close to LFACC, the mods are doubel and triple posting again. :lol:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I know you've been planning this event for a long time, however 2 months' notice isn't long enough for me (coming from the US) and there's no way I can make it. I adore your conventions: the fact that I made it 6 of the 8 Hub conventions is proof of that (or my insanity! lol) I hope this Doctor Who convention is a success and the first of many so I can get to at least one of them!

I agree very upset over 2 months notice as I can't go now and know a few others who are also very disappointed.

Sorry about this load, but the 'contact us' button seems not to work.

As this event is being held in a hotel, are we required to be staying at that hotel?

We have a perfectly serviceable motorcaravan which we prefer to stay in - are we allowed to use it? (If so, is there overnight parking for it?)

My wife is disabled, what is the access like?

Are there concession rates for disabled/carers?

Hoping all this pans out.

Spill

I highly doubt you are REQUIRED to stay at the hotel...at least I hope not since it is out of our price range since I will be getting the gold ticket for the convention. I have been to several conventions that are held in hotels and that has never been a requirement. I am not in charge here, so I have no idea what the official word is on this, but I can't see anyone forcing you to stay at a certain place in order to attend this. That is just my 2 cents anyways.

• Moderators

You don't have to stay at the hotel. It's convenient to stay at the hotel for various reasons, but it's not a requirement.

You will have to contact the hotel to ask about parking for the caravan, as the nearby parking belongs to the hotel.

The Hilton is fairly good accesswise - there are plenty of ramps and the lifts are a good size. Please contact info@showmastersonline.com marked FAO Too Tall for information or queries about disabled and carer access to the convention. Be aware that as LFCC is this weekend it may take until next week for a response.

spill

You don't have to stay in the con hotel and in fact loads don't due to its price

Not sure about facilities for a motor caravan you may need to contact NEC on that one

The con hotel has good disabled access - I come to cons here with my mum who is in a wheelchair so know its accessible

Not sure on your last point - perhaps TooTall will be able to answer that as he is the one who deals with those with mobility problems

Sadly, this is really bad timing. I've already booked for a different event and I can't possibly afford hotel costs for both. I know several other people who are in the same position. :( Two months' notice to raise four hundred quid is not enough for most people!

Edited by 1of2
Removed reference to another event.

I also am seeing David elsewhere so sadly wont be coming, plus this seems rather rushed!

Hope eveyone enjoys the con though

Showmasters are aware that it is rather short notice for some people, but they have however been planning this event since last October. Circumstances got the better of them, though, and DT's schedule has only just been confirmed.

If its been planned for so long why do we only know of one guest!

• Moderators

I suspect they have a whole load they've been in talks with that they couldn't confirm until the date was tied down, and once LFCC is over and done with this forum will become awash with guest announcements.

I suspect they have a whole load they've been in talks with that they couldn't confirm until the date was tied down, and once LFCC is over and done with this forum will become awash with guest announcements.

yeah you are probably right, thanks

My sister and I are SO excited about this - we've booked and are just anxiously awaiting the photo shoot details! I have just one question -Is there ANY chance you might be able to get JOHN SIMM as a guest? Since he's dipped a toe in the water (and hopefully not been scared away!) at LFCC, it would be brilliant if he came along too.... the thought of seeing him and David on stage, talking about Dr Who.... awesome doesn't begin to cover it!

I've been to several of The Hub (Torchwood) conventions and they were so well organised - I didn't know what to expect when I went to the first, which was also my first convention in over two decades - the face of Sci-Fi conventions has chased massively with the advent of home video/dvd and computers - in the seventies and eighties you went along to see episodes you might have only seen once (and that a few years ago) and to see the wonder of the blooper reel - and meet the actors if you were very lucky. Now it is all about meeting the actors because we can watch our favourite shows anytime we want!!

I totally understand why the short notice - with someone like David who is very busy work wise, its all about getting the scheduling right and this way ME shouldn't have to risk being in the unenviable position of having their main guest cancel due to work commitments, as can happen.... when my friend Fiona and I used to go to The Hubs (where are you Fiona?!?) we always said it didn't matter who the guests were because the events were so well organised and such fun, and whoever the guests were (with one notable exception and he WAS an exception - if you were there you will know who I mean!!) they were always brilliant - we used to go to bed with our faces aching from laughing so much after the guest panels, they were just a delight. So I have no doubt that ME's first Dr Who convention will be brilliant and I have a feeling I will be attending more (if there are more of course).

Does anyone have any ideas when other guests will be announced?

Any chance Alex Kingston will be added? I like David Tennant but for a whole weekend would like to see who else will be going before booking a ticket and its getting closer and closer with no new names as yet....dying to find out!!!