Can you spare half a day to help the show?

Know this is probably not the right thread and it is most likely to late now, but what do I do if I phoned and then sent three emails to the info@showmasters email address and still no reply? This is aimed more at TooTall, but if anyone else can help?...

Edited by zebredy

• Moderators

Know this is probably not the right thread and it is most likely to late now, but what do I do if I phoned and then sent three emails to the info@showmasters email address and still no reply? This is aimed more at TooTall, but if anyone else can help?...

Is your query about crewing for the show? If so then the email address you want is the one in the first post of this thread.

We don't have access to the Showmasters inbox I'm afraid.

We don't have access to the Showmasters inbox I'm afraid.

Thought so just wondering if there was an easier or quicker way to get in touch but its ok, I will try calling again tomorrow then leave it...

• Moderators

i emailed and got no reply so i guess they have enough people now???

It may just be that they haven't got to your email yet. TooTall who runs the crew does also have to do other, non-crew-and-schedule-organising, things.

I followed your advice anyway, Queen_Sindel ^^ . Thanks again for the informations you provided and to direct me to this thread also, even though we have yet to see the practical results it will have.

TooTall, thanks to you too :) . Now on to the show }8D

Hi

I am coming up on saturday , I could help out for a couple of hours, I am used to crowd control and following orders, ex military- one draw back I will be in costume asa very large wonder woman. If it helps I am 19 stone, 6 foot 3 inch and used to play american football so i am quite huge. Would you like help for a couple of hours? Let me know, please

• Moderators

If you wish to help now, go see the organisers booth at the event. Email applications are no longer being accepted, but on-the-day help may still be accepted.

• Moderators

Hello, I'm crewing on the saturday... what do i need to bring with me to get in.. do i print off the showmasters crew handbook? or do i print something else off?

Print off the email you got confirming you were crewing. You may not be asked for it but if you need something to show that's it.

I'm sure most of you are busy at the con right now but just wondering if there's a dress code, obviously i'm not turning up in a offensive t-shirt or a microskirt/belt but more just wondering if it would be okay to wear ears/headbands? Ears in question are blood elf and cat ears?

sorry for the random >.<

Do you mean while you're crewing? As far as I know crew are issued with tshirts, I dont know about the extra helpers though. Ask Too Tall or whoever's looking after the crew about the ears, I guess it depends on what your duties are as to whether or not it's appropriate.

I know the cut off date has been activated now, but this is purely a question out of curiosity. From what I can tell people who help crew the shows get brief opportunities to get autographs and photos with some of the guests. You have to pay for autographs but I cant see anything regarding photos. Do crew need to still buy tickets to the guests they want photos (knowing there's a limit to how many guests you can get photos with) too or am I foolishly thinking its free?