Can you spare half a day to help the show?

• Showmasters Admin

How old do you have to be?

Over 16.

I'm 15 right now, but my birthdays July 11th-obviously only a few days off. Is there anyway I can still do it? I wouldn't be able to conffirm till I've seen a schedule.

Sorry but no. you'll have to wait until you are 16.

• Showmasters Admin

last couple of questions do crew still pay the door entrance fee and do we get a crew shirt?

No crew do not pay entry.

If you crew a full day you will get a crew t-shirt.

• Showmasters Admin

ok so i think i can help out sunday most of the day who do i email and what do i have to put in the email? thanks

As per the first post, email crew@showmastersonline.com and say what shift you can do. Sunday 8am-2pm or Sunday 8am-7:30pm.

• Showmasters Admin

last couple of questions do crew still pay the door entrance fee and do we get a crew shirt?

No crew do not pay entry.

If you crew a full day you will get a crew t-shirt.

What if you've already bought the weekend entry?

We can sort out a refund.

Over 16.

I'm 15 right now, but my birthdays July 11th-obviously only a few days off. Is there anyway I can still do it? I wouldn't be able to conffirm till I've seen a schedule.

Im not the one that is under 16, but why the hard drawn line? Is it laws and regulations?

Just curious :)

Edited by Wondermoose

• Moderators

Over 16.

Im not the one that is under 16, but why the hard drawn line? Is it laws and regulations?

Everything gets more complicated legally when you start involving under 16s - I'm sure SM don't want to start having to deal with CRB checks!

Just a couple more questions:

How many allotted breaks do we get? For talks, photo shoots and autographs we already bought and the ones we get on the day for crewing?

Also, my friend wants to crew also (as stated in email) is that ok or should I have her email separately!?

Thanks

Over 16.

Everything gets more complicated legally when you start involving under 16s - I'm sure SM don't want to start having to deal with CRB checks!

Ok, thats what I thought.

• Moderators

How many allotted breaks do we get? For talks, photo shoots and autographs we already bought and the ones we get on the day for crewing?

Also, my friend wants to crew also (as stated in email) is that ok or should I have her email separately!?

Thanks

As someone who has crewed most events for a couple years now - you usually get 2 breaks a day, maybe 3 if you can get them done REALLY FAST. If you need more than half hour total of breaks in a day, then they ask you to take a half day off. (The only times I've seen a talk since I've been crewing has been when I was assisting a guest doing one or when working in the talk area).

Thanks

Crew don't get allotted breaks as such. We can, however, have a maximum of two breaks totalling no more than 15 minutes to get photo shoots and autographs. We don't get time to go to talks.

I can't answer your second question, that's one for Too Tall.

• Moderators

Hmmm ok- I've already got photo shoots for Ben Browder and the GoT talks and they said that'd be ok :)

Was just wondering with the vouchers that we get given if we'll actually have time to use them lol

Many of us our only spending on the convention is with the vouchers, so those are what we are using our 2 breaks/day on...

• Showmasters Admin

Hmmm ok- I've already got photo shoots for Ben Browder and the GoT talks and they said that'd be ok :)

Was just wondering with the vouchers that we get given if we'll actually have time to use them lol

Please email these questons in, rather than asking here.

Please email these questons in, rather than asking here.

Spoke to Andrew on the phone and sorted all details

Thank you!

• Showmasters Admin

I'm really glad im crewing now :)

i can work the full day if i can get 3 photoshoots and autographs - alex winter- zach galligan and ke hu quan... wonder if this will be possible :P

Sorry but are you....

1: crewing already?

2: asking to crew?

3: joking?

I'm really glad im crewing now :)

i can work the full day if i can get 3 photoshoots and autographs - alex winter- zach galligan and ke hu quan... wonder if this will be possible :P

Sorry but are you....

1: crewing already?

2: asking to crew?

3: joking?

why would i be joking?

i've emailed them and now im crewing on saturday morning :)

oh my god, i just realised how rude that sounded!! nooo i meant im paying for all them, but can work the full day if i have a break to attend the shoots quickly! sorry didnt realise how that came out