a few more guests to come and maybe a big one maybe one more ?

I really want to go to this event as I would love to meet Tom Skerritt, however, he's the only guest I would meet so another big guest would justify me making the trip to London. Robert Patrick, Robert Davi or a Rocky guest would be amazing. I met around 12 people at Milton Keynes the other week, but can't believe there's only 1 guest that interests me at this years LFCC!!!!

To the people suggesting Nathan Fillon,I would be very surprised if he was considered a big guest.I hadn't even heard of him and upon searching for him I doubt many others have, to class as a big guest.

just had to laugh a little about this

• Like 1

I defenitly would consider Nathan Fillion as a big guest. Maybe a little less 'big' a few years ago, mainly changed Because of Castle i think. Anyway, the only thing we can still do is wait :)

To the people suggesting Nathan Fillon,I would be very surprised if he was considered a big guest.I hadn't even heard of him and upon searching for him I doubt many others have, to class as a big guest.

just had to laugh a little about this

Why what's funny? Of course he is going to be a big guest to fans of his, but what I mean is that he is hardly a household name and never had been so I would be very surprised if he was classed as a big guest.

For example,I would imagine the show masters guys will be in discussions with lots of potential guests and have certain targets, and I would think they would be categorised into categories and how 'big' or 'popular' they would be. I don't think he would be classed as a big guest, that was all I meant by that. Don't get your knickers in a twist

I don't know I agree that "big guest" is subjective. At least, not if you look at it as unbiasedly as you can.

For example, I'm not a Star Trek fan. I watched TNG after school each Wednesday when I was younger but have only seen about 6 or 7 episodes of DS9 and Voyager and none at all of Enterprise. Yet I still accept that William Shatner and Jeri Ryan are "big guests". They don't appeal to me but I know they are going ot be massive crowd pleasers and would have drawn/will draw lots of people to the con who wouldn't otherwise have come. Surely THAT should be the definition of a "big guest", a headliner?

Whereas on the other hand, I went out of my way to go to a MK Con a few years ago purely because of a guest (whom I won't name in case I offend anyone) who even most of my uber-geek friends had never heard of let alone most others. But to me they were a massive draw. They weren't a big guest as I imagine I was probably one of only half a dozen people (if that) who was there purely for them. But meeting that person made my day and I still look back fondly at the photo I took of them over the desk. Not a big guest by any stretch but an important one to me personally.

My point is that when Showmasters use the phrase "big guest", I do expect it to be someone that will be a draw to hundreds more people than would otherwise have been interested in coming. They might not appeal to me or to many others on this board but the phrase does imply it's a name that I'll be able to appreciate as someone who is "big" but not necessarily personally important.

So to those saying that the phrase "big guest" is subjective, I disagree. "Of personal importance" or "will appeal to most" are subjective, but those aren't the phrases being used.

Look at it objectively and I'll think most reasonable people would agree that - whether they appeal or not - LFCC already has at least 6 Big Guests so far, possibly more. Even if you only want to meet Animal Mother from Full Metal Jacket. ;-)

Well exactly. In the end, if/when this 'big' guest gets announced, you'll get some "yays!" some "oh.." and some "who the f**k?" .. but who cares :D

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls.

However, some of the words of Too Tall are wriiten on the Guidelines and Rules page. And there. in rule number 1, we see "There is a rude word filter on this forum. It is not there for you to try and find interesting ways to get around it. If a word is censored it is because we do not wish it to be on this forum. Please find another word to use."

Could somebody please clarify if the rules don't apply to moderators, or if this part of rule 1 has been rescinded for all forum users?

• Like 1

i can understand all the arguments about "big" guests. i had to google who Gillian Anderson was. yes that may shock her fans, but i only have seen about two episodes of x files and a few moments from the movie, so the name was totally unknown to me. but regardless of me not knowing her and not going to meet her i was so happy for her fans! its the same with these game of throne people, never watched it, don't get it, won't be meeting them, but i am happy for the fans. i know what it means to get someone you really love and so want to meet so instead of moaning and groaning about it, be happy for the people who get to meet their idols.

i feel i must repeat these simple words, if you can't think of something nice to say, say nothing at all!

• Like 1

Well exactly. In the end, if/when this 'big' guest gets announced, you'll get some "yays!" some "oh.." and some "who the f**k?" .. but who cares :D

Could somebody please clarify if the rules don't apply to moderators, or if this part of rule 1 has been rescinded for all forum users?

You tell me how to use that phrase without the word in question please. ;)

The word is on the bad word filter and if it's used it is automatically changed, for everyone. But as long as it's deliberately "bleeped out" (as in this case) the mods have never stepped in - for no one - unless it was being used deliberately in swearing tirades or what's commonly called "troll posts". I know some people think we are just that, but the mods are not the political correctness police. ;)

• Like 1