Latest Guest Announcement: JOHN SIMM

One more question. If I do order photoshoot tickets today, how long would it take for them to get to my friend? International signed-for mail takes 3 days to get here max, so if I do order these and have her send them on to me, she'd have to receive them by early next week or I'd be out of luck.

Leaving it to Saturday afternoon seems like a big risk though.

One more question. If I do order photoshoot tickets today, how long would it take for them to get to my friend? International signed-for mail takes 3 days to get here max, so if I do order these and have her send them on to me, she'd have to receive them by early next week or I'd be out of luck.

Leaving it to Saturday afternoon seems like a big risk though.

That depends on UK mail I'm afraid. The cut off date is normally chosen so that 99.5 percent of the orders do arrive timely at the original destination.

But honestly, if you have your friend forward them to you this will be cutting it very close.

Yeah, that's what I thought. But with tickets being on sale at the con from Friday night, I'm afraid they'll be sold out by the time we get in on Saturday afternoon (I couldn't get Friday off work, and the earliest Saturday flight we could get arrives at 10 -- that plus travel from Southend airport to central London means I'm estimating we'll be there at 1 at the earliest).

I must admit I'm really suprised John Simm has agreed to appear. I saw an interview with him a few years back and he said he was glad to put Life on Mars behind him, and I assume that's why a majority of people want to meet him - that and Dr Who. I hope there's some good Sam Tyler pictures and if possible I definitly want to try and get him to add the quote 'Was I mad, in a coma or back in time?' to my autograph!

Great signing Showmasters, thanks :)

Out of interest has Philip Glenister, Dean Andrews or Marshall Lancaster ever done an event like this (Gene, Ray and Chris)?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

I've been away for a while and I've come back to this, I don't quite know what to say other than a big thank you :D

Obviously I've missed the ordering date, do we think his photos will sell out as I'm going to have to buy on the Friday night?

• Moderators

Being a busy guest, does anyone have an idea whether or not John will be doing personalistaions on autographs?

While something like that can't 100% be known before the day, I'd prepare yourself for him not to be doing them (and get a pleasant surprise if he is).

"Look at those cavemen go (running for their photoshoot tickets)... It's the freakiest show." Just hope there isn't a stampede for his photo shoot as we don't want to "take a look at the lawman, beating up the wrong guy."

I bet Gillian knows if there is life on mars...

And so on, and so on...

Damn you Showmasters for making me having to go on Sunday as well now... :WINCE:

I saw this today and I am beyond gutted, I'm going down on the Saturday and would have killed to see John Simm. Really wish he was appearing on Saturday as well.

Chance of him appearing at EMS? That would be amazing! or Philip Glenister! Get on it please SM :)

Booked photoshoots with Norman Reedus so I will still have an awesome time, but my heart aches knowing if I had booked a Sunday...

Big thanks to Showmasters for getting John for LFACC and to John for being an excellent guest! No thanks to the crew member running his queue who repeatedly stood in front of John when I was trying to take a picture of him from the designated area, and wouldn't desist even when I politely asked her to move aside just long enough for me to take a photo.

No thanks to the crew member running his queue who repeatedly stood in front of John when I was trying to take a picture of him from the designated area, and wouldn't desist even when I politely asked her to move aside just long enough for me to take a photo.
There is a simple reason for that. She was doing her job. John was no posed photos all day as far as I am aware. There were signs up on the entrance to his signing area, and a sign located on the wall behind him.

I must type 'signing' correctly. John nearly had a singing area until I noticed my mistake :blush: