More talks added to the online shop

So, since everybody is spamming this whole topic about the paid talks i too would like to say something,

so.. more talks aren't free anymore. Showmasters shall have good reasons for that, is there really a point of sending so many posts in this topic and complaining?

I can understand if you wanted to join a couple of talks and now you've found out they aren't free anymore you won't like it, but hey, that's life and

if you really really want to be at a paid talk, you'll pay :)

Edited by xxc

Awesome talks, seriously annoyed and disappointed at the number of talks you have to pay for though!

You put the Trek talk on so only early birds could see it last year, and now I've forked out the extra cash fro an early bird ticket so I can go, you're charging me to see it this year?!

Has it not ocurred to Showmasters that money is tight for people? I'd also love to go to the GoT and Firefly/Serenity talks, but nope. You're charging for those too.

xxc: if you really really want to be at a paid talk, you'll pay :) <-- If i had the money, I would. I don't have the money, and have now been ripped off two years in a row. Hence the complaints.

Edited by WhovianRingerTrekkie
  • Like 1

I'm going to be honest some of those paid for talks I would have expected to be free.

Same here. It would have been cool to listen to Mitch, Nicholas and Zach and ask them questions.

I know but you priorities are obviously not the paid talks because else you would pay and meet a few people less am i right?

Already not meeting a load of people because of money issues. Kudos to Showmasters for getting so many great guests that I could never afford to see all the ones I'd like to, but charging for the talks as well is a bit much. I'm now not meeting a few I could have met, and I'm not going to talks either.

I know but you priorities are obviously not the paid talks because else you would pay and meet a few people less am i right?

They may not be priorities, but I would imagine the reason people are annoyed(as I am) is because things like this in the past were all part of the experience of the event, and for the most part, included in the entrance fee that we could enjoy. To now be told we have to pay extra to see things we normally expected to see for free is slightly annoying. The end result is basically going to be that the talks will be a lot emptier I imagine, and us fans will have other things to spend our money on, because as you say, talks are not highest on the priority list for people(myself anyway) although I have enjoyed them if I get a free moment to pop along to one

• Like 3

They may not be priorities, but I would imagine the reason people are annoyed(as I am) is because things like this in the past were all part of the experience of the event, and for the most part, included in the entrance fee that we could enjoy. To now be told we have to pay extra to see things we normally expected to see for free is slightly annoying. The end result is basically going to be that the talks will be a lot emptier I imagine, and us fans will have other things to spend our money on, because as you say, talks are not highest on the priority list for people(myself anyway) although I have enjoyed them if I get a free moment to pop along to one

I know, i can understand you don't like it if suddenly most of the talks are paid talks.. my only point was that if you really want to be at a talk, you'll go, whether its paid or free

• Moderators

I'm disappointed that i have to pay for a talk with Thomas Dekker - cant you do a heroes talk with him and Hayden, saves money?

So many people are wanting Thomas for other things, I doubt a Heroes one is a good idea.

I know, i can understand you don't like it if suddenly most of the talks are paid talks.. my only point was that if you really want to be at a talk, you'll go, whether its paid or free

...if you have the money, possibly, but people are obviously not very happy about it. If I REALLY wanted to go to any of the talks, yes i'd probably scrape the money together and do it, but I still wouldnt be happy about it. Imagine people who in the past attended the show and only went for talks. They would have paid the entrance fee, and seen loads of free talks by many of these guests. Now they would have to pay the entrance fee, and an extra amount for every talk now on the store. I can't imagine many people being happy about it

Just bought tickets for Holly Marie Combs. Had been hoping she would do a talk. Shannen and Brian's talk in 2009 was amazing and they shared great stories. Will definately try and meet Brian again this time as he is a really nice guy. Holly seems really sweet. Looking forward to hearing about her time on Charmed. Thank you Showmasters!

It probably would have been better to just hike up the entry price ticket by £1 to keep these talks free. SM would have made more money that way and people wouldn't be feeling so disgruntled.

Amen to that. Already paid out extra for early bird to make sure I can get into the hall in time for all the talks. A little more on the tickets to afford to go to the talks once I'm in the hall would have been much better than an extra £10+ per talk!

It probably would have been better to just hike up the entry price ticket by £1 to keep these talks free. SM would have made more money that way and people wouldn't be feeling so disgruntled.

That would have had to have been done months ago.

Besides put the prices up on the door, that would slow the queues down as many people would require change.

Still I don't see why paid talks can't be £5, easier to spend that without thinking. If I was spending £15 I'd as least want to record it.

And if someone does have a clash, and heads to the photoshoot first, can they interupt the talk? They've paid for the opportunity to be at the talk.

• Moderators

And if someone does have a clash, and heads to the photoshoot first, can they interupt the talk? They've paid for the opportunity to be at the talk.

I know at MK we were allowing people to either leave or come in late when they had photoshoots that clashed (as long as they did so quietly, obviously).

I know at MK we were allowing people to either leave or come in late when they had photoshoots that clashed (as long as they did so quietly, obviously).

It's never been a problem at other shows either.

My problem with this is that I am going with a 12 year old and would have to pay double for talks, before if i wanted to go to a talk and she didnt i would go and sit at the back or end of a row and she could go off and wander knowing that if she needed me then she could find me easily but she wont be able to do this if its paid. I know its only for half an hour but it was kind of a security blanket for her, she had freedom within reason.