More talks added to the online shop

I agree, I certainly won't be paying for any talks, except Gillian that i've already got the ticket for. I spend so much at all the events as it is, and can just about afford one talk, i'm not about to pay for any talks that i'd normally have seen if they'd been free. May seem like a cheapskate but it's how I feel

• Like 2

I agree, I certainly won't be paying for any talks, except Gillian that i've already got the ticket for. I spend so much at all the events as it is, and can just about afford one talk, i'm not about to pay for any talks that i'd normally have seen if they'd been free. May seem like a cheapskate but it's how I feel

I don't think it's anything to do with being a cheapskate, some people literally CAN'T afford to pay for the talks as well. I know I can't. If I pay for a talk, it means I have to miss out on meeting one of the guests I want to. At the end of the day I'd rather meet more guests - I can watch interviews on TV/DVDs if I want to hear those same guests talk about their show.

Edited by x_moonshine_x
  • Like 1

for a paid talk there should be an interviewer at the very least to jump in of questions dry up, with so manytalks being paid and most likely clashing with photo ops also the attendance maybe lower which is never nice for the guest.

big expensive guests yes I get,

are there any free talks this year?

Yes, there will be free talks.

More paid talks have now been added to the online shop for Saturday and Sunday.

There will be 3 stages at this years LFCC, with plenty of free talks and events as well as paid talks. More details will be posted shortly.

for a paid talk there should be an interviewer at the very least to jump in of questions dry up, with so manytalks being paid and most likely clashing with photo ops also the attendance maybe lower which is never nice for the guest.

big expensive guests yes I get,

are there any free talks this year?

Yes, there will be free talks.

More paid talks have now been added to the online shop for Saturday and Sunday.

There will be 3 stages at this years LFCC, with plenty of free talks and events as well as paid talks. More details will be posted shortly.

comic and cos play talks ;-)

I don't get it- whats changed since last year that has made Showmasters think: 'Lets have a lot more paid talks'?

I love what Showmasters do- without them, there would be no talks, free or paid, but we're not made of money and I have enough to spend on autographs and photoshoots. I can't help but feel that almost all of the talks (besides Anderson,Ryan and possibly GoT's talks) will wind up being half empty- what would be the point in that? :crying:

Edited by BreakingBad123

being objective with my post - i wasnt planning on any talks at all due to all the photoshoots / autos im getting over the weekend, but apart from i dunno the GoT talks if theres 5 guests in it - in which case would be a popular talk some of the other talks are questionable.

I must admit, if i wasn't crewing, there are a few of those talks that I would pay to attend. The 80's one in particular, bet that combination has never been seen:

Breakfast Club/Lost Boys/Gremlins etc etc all at once? Awesome! :D

It does depend on who you are already attending to see as to what talks are interesting to you though

• Like 1

Thanks SO much for having Holly's talk a PAID talk. This will now really put a dent in my planned and unchangeable budget. £15 is a lot of money. If you're going to charge, why not have it £5 a head? £15 each is so much on top of tickets, autographs, photoshoots, travel, food, etc. Very disappointing for my first LFCC experience. Honestly can't believe it. I've had better talk experiences at other events in which the talks were free. If anything, you've now put a lot of people off and those talks will not be full. £15 for 30 minutes = 50p per minute!

Well the first one (obviously) coming to my mind would actually be Stargate seeing Ben Browder's announcement topic mentioned he was doing a talk. ;)

Since the online shop was closed for foreign orders, I hope I'll find ticket talk with Thomas Dekker at the event. In case, can I buy it during the preview on Friday?

Yes, you can buy your ticket Friday.

i was thinking about attending the Norman Reedus talk i will have two pay 30 pounds just to get in for me and my dad i am not sure if i will but unless they annouce another walking dead star to see if its woth it i am going to wait

Well the first one (obviously) coming to my mind would actually be Stargate seeing Ben Browder's announcement topic mentioned he was doing a talk. ;)

Excellent, I wondered if he was doing a talk as I would like to go to that.

Since the online shop was closed for foreign orders, I hope I'll find ticket talk with Thomas Dekker at the event. In case, can I buy it during the preview on Friday?

Yes, you can buy your ticket Friday.

That's great! Thank you! :)

Pretty disappointing to see how many paid talks there are... I don't want to jump the gun and start criticising too much, as the free talks haven't been announced yet, but there do seem to be a lot of paid talks and I can't see the free talks matching this number. I don't see what was wrong in the previous years with only charging for high profile guests? I suppose I don't know the inner workings of showmasters finances though so I can't be too judgemental. I will say that I would hope we get interviewers for the paid talks, instead of just the standard QandA.

With so many paid for talks, I think it is vital that a photoshoot schedule and talk schedule go up as soon as possible so we can see what talks we can and can't do. I'm hesitant to pay out for a talk without knowing the schedule because I'm afraid it'll clash with a photoshoot or 2.

• Like 3

With so many paid for talks, I think it is vital that a photoshoot schedule and talk schedule go up as soon as possible so we can see what talks we can and can't do. I'm hesitant to pay out for a talk without knowing the schedule because I'm afraid it'll clash with a photoshoot or 2.

It won't be long, but I would imagine the online shop might close before it is posted.

However, the talk tickets will still be available at the show, so you can decide whether you have time etc before purchasing :smile:

It will always be busy first thing in the morning, but you would also still be able to buy them on the preview evening Friday if you are coming along to that.

As to changing where tickets are purchased, that would be up to the organisers and Too Tall, I can't comment on that I am afraid, but they will see your post.

• Moderators

A bit worried that the Thomas talk may sell out. I am travelling a long way to come on Saturday only and won't arrive until afternoon. Am worried if I buy tickets the talk may turn out to be morning, but that if I don't book I'll miss out. :/

I think it's unlikely many of the talks will entirely sell out.

The schedule will go up before the show so you will know then when the talk will be.

They can be through the day though I am afraid, so it would be better to wait either until the schedule is available (if the online shop is still open) or until you get to the show so that if you travelling makes you too late, you haven't wasted your money

I don't believe any talks sold out at CM18 so you should be fine

Alright, hopefully it doesn't sell out but there are a lot of Thomas fans! I'm coming purely for Thomas and run a fan site so I'm pretty set on seeing the talk if I can LOL! Thanks.

The schedule will go up before the show so you will know then when the talk will be.

They can be through the day though I am afraid, so it would be better to wait either until the schedule is available (if the online shop is still open) or until you get to the show so that if you travelling makes you too late, you haven't wasted your money

I don't believe any talks sold out at CM18 so you should be fine

So basically every single talk I wanted to see is now paid. Brilliant. Add in potential clashes with shoots and denting the auto time... looks like talks for me (apart from Gillian as I already have my ticket) are out. I'm not paying to get in and getting nothing for my ticket. I know the ticket cost covers the venue but still there will be thousands of people attending to cover this cost. Previous I have seen Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk do free talks so why is Adam and Jewel suddenly paid for? A talk ticket is now also the same cost as a photoshoot or autograph. How is this good value for money? In my opinion it isn't and therefore will not be paying it. Add to all this people will have to buy talk tickets now to get good seats as they will be sat in number order I would presume but there are no schedules up yet for the photoshoots etc so people may end up with multiple clashes trying to do everything. Imagine the amount of refunds that will have to go out to people that have shoots and talks at the same time and can only do one or the other...

• Like 7