More talks added to the online shop

• Showmasters Admin

More paid talks have now been added to the online shop for Saturday and Sunday.

There will be 3 stages at this years LFCC, with plenty of free talks and events as well as paid talks. More details will be posted shortly.

The X-Files Talk and the 80's Talk looks very interesting seeing Mitch Pileggi and Nicholas Lea. And Anthony Michael Hall and Zach Galligan would be on Stage four decent guests from X-Files and Gremlins and National Lampoons Vacation/Breakfast Club would have been cool to go to.

But wont be as Saturday is the only day we're going - nice for those who'll be going Sunday though.

Wow lots of talks, which is great, but it's a shame they are all paid for. Seems like every guest who's talk I'd like to go to is paid for! Gone are the days of the free talks for slightly bigger guests then...

Edited by Elspeth
  • Like 2

Just been thinking, Michael Winslow would be a PERFECT Guest for a talk so I'm hoping that if he does a Saturday talk he'd be Free.

His talk at CM Glasgow was free and it was AWESOME!!!!

That sounds cool. If he did one I'd go to it would be really cool :)

Its already been confirmed he is doing a free talk I believe.

Just bought two game of thrones Sat talk tickets - think that one will be busy!

I've looked and can't see any mention of a talk.

I have not attended LFCC before, so didn't realise that the majority of the talks used to be free. I can certainly understand why they have to charge though. Agree about the gold pass too, I decided to splash out on one, and it's looking like it's going to be well worth the money.

I'm very disappointed about this. I can understand paid talks for the massive guests like Gillian, in fact I paid for the Karen one last year. But making it for the majority of talks is too much and makes the entry fee less of a good deal.

I could understand your reasons for doing it at CM MK as you needed to make back the room hire but LFCC does not have that issue at all. You have 3 stages!!!

I was really looking forward to the Norman Reedus talks but at £15 per day it's too much!

• Like 3

Its already been confirmed he is doing a free talk I believe.

Just bought two game of thrones Sat talk tickets - think that one will be busy!

I've looked and can't see any mention of a talk.

It's mentioned on the main LFCC page: http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/

Ahhh, I see it:

"Michael Winslow Talk

We are very pleased to have Michael Winslow joining at this years LFCC. He will be taking centre stage in a FREE talk over the weekend to take your questions and showcase his amazing voice talents! If you have never heard Michael in person this talk is not to be missed! Make sure you head overto the talk area on the day to take part in this amazing experience."

I'm really REALLY hoping this doesn't clash with anything else on Saturday. :)

I'm very disappointed about this. I can understand paid talks for the massive guests like Gillian, in fact I paid for the Karen one last year. But making it for the majority of talks is too much and makes the entry fee less of a good deal.

I could understand your reasons for doing it at CM MK as you needed to make back the room hire but LFCC does not have that issue at all. You have 3 stages!!!

I was really looking forward to the Norman Reedus talks but at £15 per day it's too much!

I agree with this. Big guests i can understand, having paid a lot to get them in the first place, you need to recoup as much as possible, but smaller guests, I don't agree with paying for, especially since I am paying an entry fee.

Previous LFCC i have attended have had quite a few free talks, and its great, breaks the day up between auto collecting and trader browsing, makes for an enjoyable day. But if this is being reduced and more and more talks are now chargable, then I think this needs looking into.

I have hung around most days until the end due to the talks, but if this changes, I do not attend any talks, then I am done and dusted by lunchtime, and I am on my 100 mile journey back home. I then would start to think, "is it worth getting up early, driving, spending cash on liquid gold fuel, paying £28 to park for only a few hours at the show?" The answer would be no.

Perhaps the entry fee needs reducing or dropping all together (like CM MK) if a majority of the talks are going to be chargeable.

• Like 3

Why so many paid talks I don't understand, they were always free- I agree with other forum members that the admission price should be reduced as a result of this, there's clearly less value for money in the entrance fee. I'd like to go to some talks but I don't think the price of £15 justifies a 30min talk (a £1 for every 2mins!) I wonder if these talks will come close to selling out (there were only around 20 people for Brandon Rouths talk at CM:MK) Talks always have the best atmosphere when they're full up- I hope Showmasters have an explanation for the sudden change in charging for talks. Can we get to see a few more free talks announced in the next few days please? :smile:

Edited by BreakingBad123

for a paid talk there should be an interviewer at the very least to jump in of questions dry up, with so manytalks being paid and most likely clashing with photo ops also the attendance maybe lower which is never nice for the guest.

big expensive guests yes I get,

are there any free talks this year?