Wrestling Convention?

Would you like to attend a wrestling convention?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a wrestling convention?

• Yes
    • Yes, depends on the location.
    • Yes, depends on the guests.
    • Yes, but depends on date, guests, location etc. (more than one reason).
    • No.
    • Doesn't matter to me.

Mentioned it in other thread but thought it merited its own topic, would people be interested in attending a wrestling con??

I think it would be great, loads of current and retired stars and managers to choose from, photo shoots would be great!

Behind the US, I believe UK has the biggest wrestling following,im sure would be popular.

What are others thoughts? Not sure how to add a poll

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Is this a poll with choices like you wanted them? I took the liberty of making one up.

I am personally not too sure if a wrestling convention would work. Test and Stacy Keibler have been at Collectormania before and Rob Van Dam at London Film and Comic Con. The circumstances have to be right. Hopefully I am proven wrong at LFACC with Magnus and Mickie James. Jason has already said that these appearances are kind of a test. But even if it works it's probably a little too early to think about a full event.

I of course can only tell from a fan's point of view and from that they did seem to be fairly busy.

However, from what I heard from friends in the States WWE does demand quite large appearance fees for their wrestlers. I can only imagine that the crowd they pulled wasn't large enough compared to that. Also during that appearance the WWE was in the UK for events, so WWE probably used that appearance as promotional tie-in. That's what I mainly meant with "right circumstances".

Cant see how a wrestling convention is financially viable.....theres a reason companies that have done them in the past arent around anymore....

If you are talking about the one i think you are talking about that was a shambolic organised event. They appeared to announce people were coming before it was confirmed. The idea being people would rush to buy tickets and then they would have the money to go get the person.

Because so many wrestling fans have been ripped off in the past by supposed conventions and general wrestling shows, when anything is announced immediately scepticism kicks in and an overwhelming onslaught of negativity heads it's way.

I think a convention could work but it may have to be different to the usual conventions. During the day it's business as usual, but in the evening a wrestling show takes place.

If this format was offered, it may be of interest to some doubters. If ME wanted to do something like that they would be be best advised to work with an UK wrestling promotion like IPW:UK that is recognised as one of the top ones in the UK. They could then handle the evening wrestling shows, which they know about and leave ME to cover everything else.

IF this format was used some brought in younger talent would be advisable becuase a lot of the older stars just can't cut it like they did. Some can of course, but lots can't and what they do is embarassing to watch.

• Like 1

I'd be very interested in a wrestling convention. Maybe one in similar style to the smaller hotel style conventions. You could get wrestlers from the past with some very interesting stories especially if they are not currently tied to TNA/WWE, then also a 'big' guest or two from the two previously mentioned federations.

id make any effort to meet wrestlers for sure but having met quite a few at this point it would depend on who the wrestlers in question were, whether that is a dedicated con or a few at LFCC/CM doesnt matter to me so much

Shawn Michaels

Goldust

Jeff Jarrett

Marc Mero

are my priority guests at this point

• 2 months later...

You bring over Terry Bollea ( hulk Hogan) evern as a guest for another show, you will see the crowds that dude will pull in.

He would bring in old school wrestling fans, but the new generation of fans not so much. 5 years ago I would say most definitely, but his health and perosnal issues have put him into the shadows a bit. With his resurgance on TNA Impact, I would say give it a year to build his profile up to bring in the younger fans of wrestling. Also, Terry is renowned in the States as charging an awful lot to have appear. Even more so since his ex-Wife Linda rinsed him at the divorce.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...