Pens

Elspeth

Random topic I know...

But I was wondering if someone could help me with a question about pens. I noticed some people had brought their own pens, which were really bright colours (blue, purple, pink, yellow etc) and gave results like this.

578280920_tp.jpg

Does anyone know what type of pens these are? (I know you can't post links on where to purchase them, but the name should be enough for me to go on) I just thought the autographs looked brilliant with them!

Actually I guess they might be paint pens? I have a bright blue and bright green one myself but the problem with them is they can take a little time to dry and the pen can scrape off if you're minded to do so.

That could be them, I was going to say it was almost like paint, but I thought I was sound like an idiot lol :blush:

Paint pens for sure. Pretty sure it's the brand Banished from Rohan suggested. Gold sharpies would look the same, but the colored ones won't stand out as much.

I use these when I get photos signed at Disneyland. The results are always neat. But they do take a little time to dry as it's been said.

Does anyone know what type of pens these are? (I know you can't post links on where to purchase them, but the name should be enough for me to go on) I just thought the autographs looked brilliant with them!

As long as you are not posting a link to a store you own posting a link when someone is looking for special pens or a poster tube or something is perfectly okay.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=uni+posca+markers&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=17028428394&hvpos=1t3&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1257622430813862139&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_1j5wv3dv2_b

I've used these pens for quite a few years now and the results are always amazing. It is true they take a little while to dry and can scratch off but it is worth the risk.

Fantastic! Thanks for all the help everyone!

I may give them a go at LFCC, I'm not bothered about them taking a while to dry, I usually walk around looking like an idiot with my auto for 5-10 minutes anyway. I just noticed that it's sometimes difficult to see a sharpie on certain pictures, these paint pens would have produced a great result I think.

Also one last question, what size of tip would you guys recommend? Fine or Medium?

Oh and thanks Queen_Sindel, that's good to know :)

I always use medium for 8x10s. The tip of the fine pen is pretty much done after the first use anyway unless you're using it for calligraphy.

Just in case: Only use the pen for real photos though, not print outs. I've tried a computer print out and regular paper and it looks nowhere as good as it does on a photo surface.

Try edding 751 paint pens, I alway use them and they are great and bright.

I use these also after seeing David Prowse use them on his photos. I can get you an image of some sigs on a poster I have if you wish?

The only thing I really hate when the star sign autographs is when they sign the picture in black pen -- when the photo is black. This is the situation with my Lenoard Nimroy Signature, I thought the other day I didnt get it signed.

I might try these out next time. As long as they have a long longevity.

I use Edding 751 Silver, Black and Blue and I find them the best....been collecting LOTR peeps for years and all my autos are with the trusted eddings. Never tried UniPosca but as you can see a lot of people like them also. I think once your happy you tend to stick to what you know and love.

You need to leave the ink to dry for ages but the results are fab

Sean Astin was so impressed i left them with him :)