Photoshoot collection point.....

Charmer

I was reading a few of the issues with the area being over crowded or too small etc, I was thinking, would it be possiable, in future, to maybe have the photos taken at each shoot collected in that area where the shoot was taken? If you have a shoot in Area B you collect that picture from there etc. Obviously it'd have to be set up after all the shoots have finished, maybe none after 2pm or something. You'd then have the collections split 3 ways in the case of this weekend so it'd be less crowding in one area and less photos to look through for yours.

I doubt there'd be room in the actual photo shoot area as the shoots are still taking place when other photos have come back from being printed. Something does need to be done though, I agree. One thing that really annoys me is that there are people who stand there for ages, they can't find themselves so they selfishly don't give way to let someone else have a chance. I saw a couple of my photos and I couldn't get to them because a person who persistently stood there just would not move. That and people who stand looking at their photos in the area. For me, I go in, have a quick browse, if I can't see myself I back off. When I do find them, I get them, put them aside and move away from the area to allow other people in. It's common sense to do that. Unfortunately some people evidently lacked that this weekend!

I agree, it's common sense but that seemed to be lacking in quite a few attendees this weekend. I had to ask twice for people in front of me to move out the way so I could get to my photos that were right in front of them. They weren't even doing anything, just standing there. I'm not sure if they thought their photos would magically appear if they didnt move but it's just selfish.

Re picking up photos from the area they were taken, that's great in theory but if you have to stop taking photos at about 2pm in order to have that happen, then there are going to be less photoshoots available. As it is, they have to squeeze in as many as possible, some shoots only being 15 minutes long, it'd be impossible to please the masses who now want photoshoots if they have to limit the time available to do them even more than they currently do. Also, it means that people that had their photos taken at 9.30ish would have to wait at least 5 hours to get them back, when they could have been ready hours before.

Edited by jael001

Possible solution? On collection tables have them split into sections, and have on boards behind them "collection point A" etc, I know at lfcc last year, the Saturday was a bit of a shambles but SM listened to feedback and sorted it for the Sunday. Under collection sign, it could have "photos for collection...". So its easier for the customer to see

Also, another idea, perhaps for new attendees at these events, a sign up near photoshoot area as for our first con, I had a shoot with Christopher judge, I had no idea where to go after or anything, a sign could be good saying "your photos will be from collection point

...situated.....after (time)." this could be a very good idea?

Ali x

I'd actually take it a step further.

Don't split the tables into sections - split the tables full stop. Have multiple tables, in entirely separate places, for different photo returns. That way everyone won't be crowding in one place to try and find all the photographs.

Put them on the maps as "Returns Area 1", "Returns Area 2" and so forth.

I actually thought LFCC's returns worked quite well, but obviously it wasn't the best for the staff at those events as being enclosed that way made some of them ill. The essense of that should return though - separate returns areas, with their own signs to say whats there, and then a "complete" sign somewhere obvious (By the Photoshoot Zone and Organisers Booth perhaps) saying which photoshoot has been returned to which zone.

It would be even better if it were pre-arranged that certain photos would be returned to certain collection areas, as that would make things easier for staff (no wondering where to put things) and attendees (they'd already know where to look).

The returns could be split by photoshoot area (A/B/C), or alphabetically or by price of shoot or something.

At the very least the "big" photoshoots could be separated out to separate zones so that there would always be enough space for the photos to be placed (So, 5 doctors, Brian Blessed, Jason Mamoa, Callum Blue...)

They should get back those whiteboards back that were at LFCC so that people can write proper updates on them - when a photoshoot comes back they can write the name in big, large, unmissable text. That way, nobody has to keep asking if someone is back yet.

And, in addition, if part of a shoot comes back they can write (first batch) after it and erase it when the rest appear. That way we wouldn't have situations like this time where photos were marked as back, and actually only a few of them were (I know this was the case for some of the Brian Blessed photos, and the Ezekiel Wigglesworth one in particular was ridiculous, as it was marked as back when only one photo had returned)

Edited by dee

i thought the crew did very well to keep the waiting crowds under controll while wating for there photos to come back .i felt sorry for the guy who had to shout tom baker hasnt come back yet i bet he had no voice the next day .well done to the crew there for a grand job thanks :thumbup: :thumbup: