25th - 27th May 2013 - Stadium hotel fully booked?

keithporter23

Eh, I liked the getting in early, bumping into people at breakfast and just all over the hotel really. idk, I've never been to a con for more than one day before, so I don't have much to compare it to, but it was just a really nice experience~

Showmasters have probably booked the entire stadium which would include the hotel, perhaps the residents pass will be offered again, but that is for them to confirm when more information becomes available

Well it would be a shame if that's the case - Looks like I won't be attending!! Saves me £800+!!

Seems extremely greedy of SM to charge £159 per night for a room which normally sells for approx £44 per night, if booked now directly through Doubletree....

Edited by keithporter23

The residents pass was worth every penny to me. It meant I had somewhere to rest when I had downtime, I didnt have to stress about queuing up in the morning, I could queue jump for photoshoots (which I didnt realise we could do til I heard them calling for people with Golds or Residents Passes to go to the front) and the parties were great, I got to properly chat to some of the guests, including some I wasn't that bothered about getting autos or photos with, but got to meet them anyway which was great. I will definitely get one again if they're done next year.

• Like 1

I would say the RP is good value for money. Not going to dispute that, if I had the money to hand I'd do it.

But, there are people who dont want the ease of the stadium hotel, but NEED it, such as people with disabilities and what not. But some of those people also CANT afford the RP, but could if it was normal rates.

Weird and small example I know, but there must be quite a few people who dont do MK for as many days/as long as they'd like to because their personal situation dosnt allow for staying anywhere other than as close as the stadium hotel or a little further.

I think SM should run the RP but for less people and a little more money (but a few more things). Gives them the money, gives people who want it a more exclusive pass, and allows for some rooms to be available but without the extra cool stuff for people who need to keep budgets down.

I for one would have to taxi it if I stayed elsewhere, and that would take money from SM as I couldnt get as many autos/shoots if I was paying for a cab to and from each day.

Showmasters have probably booked the entire stadium which would include the hotel, perhaps the residents pass will be offered again, but that is for them to confirm when more information becomes available

Well it would be a shame if that's the case - Looks like I won't be attending!! Saves me £800+!!

Seems extremely greedy of SM to charge £159 per night for a room which normally sells for approx £44 per night, if booked now directly through Doubletree....

We can only speculate

However, the show is continually growing And the guests need hotel rooms too

Showmasters are away until Wednesday, so give them chance and no doubt many queries will be Answered on their return

Doubletree probably haven't release rooms yet, we tried last year may 2011 for this year and couldn't book, we had to wait until sept/oct 2011 to book, which we did before RP were announced (grr!), we had to cancel due to lack of funds!!

however, we will do RP next year if they do it! Need the adult time!! X