Brilliant Event, just 1 problem i would like opinions on

Star Art

This I will apologise for. I honestly thought you were a man and I now understand I got the wrong impression from your avatar. Which is frankly no excuse anyway. It was deeply inappropriate turn of phrase and I apologise completely. It was not my intention to talk down to you because of your gender. I hope you accept this apology because it is sincere but I understand if you don't wish to hear it.

Leigh

No I very much appreciate it! Thank you :)

Feel free to smack me upside the head if you ever see me at an event. I'll be easy to spot, I'll be the nervous locking chap avoid the crew. Again, apologies for my behaviour. I'll now go watch some TV before I get myself in more trouble.

No need to be nervous - we don't bite :) And kudos for your apology to Talie - that was very gracious of you and deserves respect.

I thought it was "no posed photographs", I took a photo of her signing my photo!

yep exactly how it should be, when over £500 has been spent not including travelling and ticketing to get into places on something like my canvas a "misunderstanding" excuse doesnt nearly come close to having this forgiven where im from, a ruined catalogue for me :(

• Showmasters Admin

I'll discuss this with the office and get a confirmation on it.

My view on it, is that "no posed" means that you can take pictures OF the guests but don't expect any interaction FROM the guest. i.e. They'll not get up for a hug or hold things up and smile. It means you can take a photo while they are signing.

I'll make sure this is confirmed to the crew.

The person mentioned in the first post is one of the security team and she may have been given a different request by Karen herself. But I shall look into this and make sure the security are also up to speed on this.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Early on in the day exactly what Karen was happy with was still being hashed-out to a certain degree between her and her security lady. Security may have been a little over-vigilant a time or two before it was entirely clear. It's entirely possible misunderstandings may have taken place at this time when people asked her for a photo not-including-themselves - anyone who didn't have their camera 100% ready and primed to take the photo while signing was also being moved on, especially early in the day, to make sure Karen could get through everyone waiting to see her.

(From my memory, which may be a little hazy as Karen saw a LOT of people on Saturday, early in the day people who just snapped while she signed generally got the photo, which she sometimes looked up for, people who made a point of asking sometimes didn't as it wasn't always clear quite what they were requesting.)