Who was that person thread (It's tradition!)

BeatrixKiddo88

We all knew this would come up. I like starting it now just to see people try to reconnect hehe I'm a saddo.

This time round I was rather good at actually saying hello to new people, so none from me really. I did want to say hello to one of the crew ladies on the photoshoot sales desk. On friday I wanted Karen Gillan and Louise Brailey and it took a while to find Louise's day lol But you were very helpful and I dont actually think I'd seen you at an event before. But then I dont normally hit the photo desk so... I was in starfleet uniform (but a few were so may not help)

Anyone else say hi to someone but not swap info? Spot someone across a crowded dealer room and lock eyes? :P

Good idea for a thread.

There were a few "Hi there" and people knew my name from the Forum so that was quite nice to have that recognition.

Before I left I did see a Cosplayer around my height so she was quite tall as Black Cat (I posted the picture of her and I in the "Photos thread" so would like to say "Hi" to her and thank her for posing :) It was quite simply a Purrrfect costume ;)

The chap cosplaying Darth Vader on Saturday was a scream! Making remarks about cheesy snacks and reminding the youngsters about the proper way to address him... He also breathed down my neck on one occasion, causing me to turn to my husband and say 'I think we have Darth Vader behind us.' 'You do.' came the soft reply.

Edited by Rainbowchazer
  • Like 2

I saw Spiderman. His suit is always a bit "revealing".

I think the cold sent him into hiding if you get my drift.

There was quite a few hotties on Saturday. There was a red head in a 60s red Star Trek uniform and the Karen Gillan "Girl Who Waited" cosplayer was a cracker as were the River Songs too.

Edited by petcemetary

great to see the star trek TOS group of girls at mk dons again,i always look out for you guys,and there you were!

i must get a photo with you next time.

in general i dont think there were as many cosplayers this time round,i was only there on saturday though,so cant

speak for the other days.but great to see the ones who were in costume.a standout for me was the jason voorhees....

and there was a very impressive lookalike of matt smith there...did anyone else see him?....he was a dead ringer.

and also thought the sisters of plenitude looked amazing...great make up and costumes girls,,,,,,werent you guys klingons last time?

i think i had a photo with you if you were.

• Like 1

I saw that one Matt Smith look alike, very good, possible stunt double.... Who was the woman in Black, white hair, face mask, I believe she was in the Raise my glass vid from LFCC.

Many good costumes around, I had to laugh when over the tanoeyyy, the person said, Please remember to hide all weapons when leaving the Stadium... only at collectormania. lol.

out of curiosity, did anyone get any good pictures of the Phantom of the Opera as he was on his travels on Saturday? I saw him a couple of times but I was too nervous to ask for a photo in case he turned on me! :WINCE: :rolleyes:

Who was he anyway?

Edited by PI'edPiper

out of curiosity, did anyone get any good pictures of the Phantom of the Opera as he was on his travels on Saturday? I saw him a couple of times but I was too nervous to ask for a photo in case he turned on me! :WINCE: :rolleyes:

Who was he anyway?

I don't have pics of him but I have him on Facebook, his name's Gordon :)

Who was he anyway?

He is my son and a few asked for photos of him.

sam1990copy.jpg

Edited by enrohm1963

Not really a person in costume, but I'd like to apologize to the crew member whose name I don't know who was handling the bag collection at Jason Momoa Sunday shoot and liked my worm in a sleeping bag key chain, I know I seem to have run away from the conversaion, but I didn't, I had to catch the 3,30 free bus and then a plane :) Sorry about that, would have love to chat, if you're here, let me know :)

Sam the Katniss cosplayer; I have Lisa and Lisa on twitter but not yoooouuu! I need all of the amazing cosplayers to help me create Clove for LFCC c:

she is naraurwen fangorn on the forum (I always spell that wrong)

Am not I'm naurarwen_fangorn Rhi :-P my twitter is @naurarwen

I have incidentally taken a picture of a girl dressed up as Rose in the 1950s talking to Lance Henriksen; only later I have realised how good that dress was. Well done! If you are on the forum and you are interested in that picture let me know.

I saw Spiderman. His suit is always a bit "revealing".

I think the cold sent him into hiding if you get my drift.

There was quite a few hotties on Saturday. There was a red head in a 60s red Star Trek uniform and the Karen Gillan "Girl Who Waited" cosplayer was a cracker as were the River Songs too.

One of the Amy cosplayers from The Girl Who Waited was @LisaHPG of Twitter.

• 4 weeks later...

great to see the star trek TOS group of girls at mk dons again,i always look out for you guys,and there you were!

i must get a photo with you next time.

in general i dont think there were as many cosplayers this time round,i was only there on saturday though,so cant

speak for the other days.but great to see the ones who were in costume.a standout for me was the jason voorhees....

and there was a very impressive lookalike of matt smith there...did anyone else see him?....he was a dead ringer.

and also thought the sisters of plenitude looked amazing...great make up and costumes girls,,,,,,werent you guys klingons last time?

i think i had a photo with you if you were.

thanks for the mention, yes we often dress as Klingons, the Plenitude costumes were new and we were really pleased with the way they turned out, hope the photo turned out well, regards Chris