tom baker

the4thtimelord

I had a high VT and then they stopped personalization so I didnt get his auto on my annual like id planned.

I had to have a stare off contest with him in the 5 docs photo shoot as he didnt want to look at the camera, i won but he was grumpy in the pic and my solo pic after that, shame, ive always had wonderful experiences with him in the past, this meet though not bad lol (tom is awesome) wont rank with highest. shame.

First time I've managed to meet him and as he was my main Doctor when younger we had a good chat about how old I would have been when he took over etc. Great stuff though it was a bit weird he was wearing a raincoat in the photoshoot. But he's a legend so gets some leeway and the resulting pic I'm very happy with.

Tom was brill he dedercatied for me the crew told him not to but he still did it i also said i loved every Dr who episode he was in then he said to me how did u watch them u wont remember me in then i said i had them all on dvd and he looked overwhelmed he is a true legend

• Like 1

When I approached Tom Baker with my 8-year-old son he offered him, as usual, one of his jelly babies; my son replied he couldn't accept because he is on a diet and his dad (that would be me) wouldn't allow him. At that point I told my son he could have just one jelly baby but he firmly refused to spoil his diet. Tom laughed and praised my boy for such commitment and said: "you have been a very good boy, I have a present for you"; he took a pound out of his pocket and gave it to him. Priceless.

• Like 1

When I approached Tom Baker with my 8-year-old son he offered him, as usual, one of his jelly babies; my son replied he couldn't accept because he is on a diet and his dad (that would be me) wouldn't allow him. At that point I told my son he could have just one jelly baby but he firmly refused to spoil his diet. Tom laughed and praised my boy for such commitment and said: "you have been a very good boy, I have a present for you"; he took a pound out of his pocket and gave it to him. Priceless.

tom is good like that ive been at events where tom has give kids some pocket money he is a great true gent .im glad you had a great time meeting tom it was my 12th time meeting tom and he is always great with me

I had a high VT and then they stopped personalization so I didnt get his auto on my annual like id planned.

I had to have a stare off contest with him in the 5 docs photo shoot as he didnt want to look at the camera, i won but he was grumpy in the pic and my solo pic after that, shame, ive always had wonderful experiences with him in the past, this meet though not bad lol (tom is awesome) wont rank with highest. shame.

tom has always been great with me it was my 12th time meeting him he knows me by name now .in 2 years time tom will be 80 so i guess he would be tired during the day it would have been a long day for him he did well

It was my first time meeting tom baker and i thought it went pretty well. Autographs i got were brilliant, he made me laugh signing the big doctor who book i was carrying xD.Mainly because his signature in the most small space left at the top of the book and then put "also" and a arrow pointing to the rest of the doctors.

Would defiantly like to meet him again at another event :)

• Like 1

He was so sweet with all the kids he met that I could see, including placing one boy in front of him for a photoshoot and resting his chin on the boy's head with this great expression on his face - I loved it! I was very happy to meet him at last.

Agree he was a real pleasure to meet i am also glad that i finally met him bring him to LFACC amazing man

Tom was everything I expected him to be. I thanked him in my solo shoot for all the happy childhood memories I had of his time as the Doctor and he clasped my hand in absolute joy. My first time of meeting him and a true case of it going right when you finally get to meet one of your all time heroes. Thank you so much Showmasters for giving me a day I will never forget. Had to get the 5 doctors shoot too which along with the 5 doctors talk was just mindblowing.

Too true, a total gent and a joy to meet, he was the first doctor that i saw on tv back in 1975, it was the sonataran experiment i think.

I had six items of mine signed by him this time round so i think im pretty much sorted for Tom now.

But as its the 50th anniversary next year lord knows what figures or exclusive items will be released that will be just crying out to get signed.

I just find it ironic that he didnt want to participate in the 20th anniversary story the five doctors and yet he was in a five doctors photoshoot lol.

All the best Tom and come back again soon.

My son and I both have that 11 Doctor figure boxed set and have gained a few autos on them each. I don't know if Tom realised that he was a little late when he got back on Sunday afternoon, but he more than made up for it...he signe the appropriate section inside the 'doors' of the packaging, and then on the outside of the 'doors' too...

He gave us a free autograph each!!!! The man is a true star...a little eccentric, a gentleman and a star!