Feedback

Tina197

I know its further down the pages but callums shoot on Sunday WAS back very quickly, it started at 11.20 and all pics I believe were back by at least 1pm. First batch was there at around 12.30, I did another circuit by 1pm they were all back, so I don't know where the ladies was that said it wasn't back. I WAS STUNNED BY HOW QUICK IT CAME BACK!! and with two!!

I had my photo towards the end of his shoot & I left about 12:45pm on Sunday with my photo in hand. I had actually gone to the desk to ask for it to be posted so was very pleased it was back. Likewise the John Barrowman photos on Saturday were collected with no problems whatsoever (apologies to Malcolm for the slight madness of our shoot with John)

The others may have gone bust

but I doubt it was a couple of printers on site that caused it

they proved this problem can be solved

I can print pretty good pictures at home within seconds too

there is no need for the long delays

we have progressed from slow dot matrix printers

if they have gone bust it is due to other problems

such as to many guests

The difference is that if SM printed them onsite you would get a inkjet print out of your photo rather than a professionally printed photo. Inkjet photos fade, the professionally printed ones don't. If you've got your photo signed and it fades, that would be a bit of a bummer. I prefer to wait for the proper printing.

I'm sorry but we really don't care about you crew members who feel the need to cover your collective backsides. Your denials and excuses do not change what was actually happening. VQ tickets were frequently not taken and sometimes not checked. Some of us still have our tickets so obviously some crew were not taking the tickets. And it wasn't a rare thing either, just look at Tony's picture. The photo collection on Sunday afternoon was a joke and many people were visibly upset and annoyed. Especially when photos were still missing when MK Dons stadium was being shut.

Like I said on this topic the crew are now closing ranks and pointing the finger at attendees. Which isn't cool.

I'm sorry but we really don't care about you crew members who feel the need to cover your collective backsides. Your denials and excuses do not change what was actually happening. VQ tickets were frequently not taken and sometimes not checked. Some of us still have our tickets so obviously some crew were not taking the tickets. And it wasn't a rare thing either, just look at Tony's picture. The photo collection on Sunday afternoon was a joke and many people were visibly upset and annoyed. Especially when photos were still missing when MK Dons stadium was being shut.

Like I said on this topic the crew are now closing ranks and pointing the finger at attendees. Which isn't cool.

Sorry Kibble but you have the wrong end of the stick. I'm not excusing anyone else, purely because I can't speak for anyone else only me, but if you'd walked past my queue during the day you'd've seen a box rapidly filling with screwed up VQ tickets that I'd collected throughout the day. And if you want to look at Tony's picture you'll see there wasn't one of mine. And thanks for not making the offer, but I really don't need you to care for me. Others have managed to be relatively civil while discussing this point - check back through the thread if you want - and there was really no need for your somewhat aggressive (and too general) approach.

• Like 2

between myself and the people i attended with we met about 20 guests i'd guess and at each one the virtual queue ticket was taken. I'm not disputing that others still have their tickets, or that people weren't allowed in before there number were called, but its getting a bit childish in here isnt it? Mistakes get made by all, by having a rational discussion about it things can get noted or changed but when people start bitching of course ranks are going to get closed. As i understand it most of the crew are volunteers, cut them some slack and explain the issue. I know that if i was crewing i'd defend my fellow crew members, do you really expect them to turn around and say "yeah X was s***, shouldn't crew again"?

Would also like to say that i'm not just blindly supporting the crew, there were mistakes over the weekend - all covered above and I'm sure all will have been noted, even if they aren't acted upon - yet i still managed to enjoy my weekend, much more so than at other events attended.

• Like 1

Where are the crew closing ranks and pointing fingers...

Like it has been said about VQ tickets.. It down to each person managing the queues for the guests as well.. On Sunday I gave out VQ's for a guest and also took quite a lot back myself... If the queue is empty n u keep raising the number n no one comes with a VQ for whatever reason be it they are at other queues or not then what can we do!!! Do we keep that queue empty?

Sorry Kibble but you have the wrong end of the stick. I'm not excusing anyone else, purely because I can't speak for anyone else only me, but if you'd walked past my queue during the day you'd've seen a box rapidly filling with screwed up VQ tickets that I'd collected throughout the day. And if you want to look at Tony's picture you'll see there wasn't one of mine. And thanks for not making the offer, but I really don't need you to care for me. Others have managed to be relatively civil while discussing this point - check back through the thread if you want - and there was really no need for your somewhat aggressive (and too general) approach.

Can I just add that neither I or my friends had any problems like Vq tickets not being taken. The crew were polite and hard working as they normally are. All credit to them for helping run such an excellent event.

It's clear that everyone had different experiences with VT's this weekend, much the same as people had different experiences with getting a parking space etc.

Best for us to accept that there were intermitent issues with virtual tickets and that needs to be looked into.

Lets hope that SM's respond to all the major 'issues' in this whole topic.

Agreed. I will highlight this one as it does need looking at. Thank you to the people who have raised it as an issue.

Let's end the VT/VQ conversation as it is getting out of hand, and await for a reply.

Thanks.

Edited by 1of2

Sorry but that's not on as there's actually nothing to "cover" I've crewed for three years and I'm a good worker, I work my ass off to be nice to the public as well as instill rules and make sure everything is running a ok.

Why would we not let someone in if there's no queue? and some people have a lot of stuff in their hands to be rummaging through their pockets to try and find a ticket when there is NO queue....

edit: Sorry 1of2 I only just saw your comment! :no:

Edited by Talie
  • Like 1

I am sorry but we do have a crew

Boss

He will read te feedback ad act accordingly

As I have mentioned previously, all feedback is read

And gratefully received

However , I don't think it is very fair to say that crew are

Panicking and replying in a defensive manner

The crew are very hard working and there were quite a few new crew at the weekend who I for one am very pleased we now have. I had a fair few new crew in my areas and they were

Fantastic

Let Showmasters and too tall have time to come

Back and sort through All the hundreds of

I am sorry but we do have a crew

Boss

He will read te feedback ad act accordingly

As I have mentioned previously, all feedback is read

And gratefully received

However , I don't think it is very fair to say that crew are

Panicking and replying in a defensive manner

The crew are very hard working and there were quite a few new crew at the weekend who I for one am very pleased we now have. I had a fair few new crew in my areas and they were

Fantastic

Let Showmasters and too tall have time to come

Back and sort through All the hundreds of

I think you all did a wonderful job on the weekend.

Edited by reddragon

We are not out to get Praise or anything,

Personally, i crew because I simply love it

I do my best and am pleased If I have managed to help

People, whether crew, attendees or guests

Most of us feel that way :D

But thankyou :D. I was really proud of the crew in the areas I worked in, thy did a fantastic job. People make mistakes, that is only human, but we all learn from them :D

• Like 1

Although I have already posted my findings on the weekend's events, the more I think about it, the more I am concerned that showmasters have not yet responded to the decision to put elderly guests out in the cold.

I know that more responses are going to be posted when they return tomorrow, but for me, this is the most important problem that existed. Although I respect that other issues were frustrating and disappointing, the care of guests is of paramount importance because we are talking about the health of individuals.

This problem has been going on for years, so I don't think it is a one off. I am absolutely staggered that anyone would think it acceptable to put guests of 75+ in the coldest areas of the stadium. I really felt for them on Saturday and apart from anything else, what would showmasters do if any of the guests had fallen seriously ill due to the conditions?

Crowding, photoshoots, lack of free buses are niggly things but not life threatening. Hopefully this will not happen again once the site is updated for next year, but I would be devastated if my late dad had been put in a similar position.

They will respond but as it is a bank holiday and the offices are closed.. I think they will reply tomorrow onwards and will have loads to respond to as well

Showmasters, like 99% of the country, are off at the mo cause of the Bank Holiday. Tomorrow they will be back to answer all :) Simple as that.

A bank holiday? You mean there was something else happening this weekend other than Collectormania? :king: ......... :whistling:

Edited by Elspeth
  • Like 1

They will respond but as it is a bank holiday and the offices are closed.. I think they will reply tomorrow onwards and will have loads to respond to as well

Showmasters, like 99% of the country, are off at the mo cause of the Bank Holiday. Tomorrow they will be back to answer all :) Simple as that.

A bank holiday? You mean there was something else happening this weekend other than Collectormania? :king: ......... :whistling:

Yes I do madam hehe!! Great meeting u on the weeked.. Can u DM me ur facebook so I can tag u in that pic from Saturday

Oh wait u have to add me as I have ablock on adding people at the mo

Edited by johnbond

Yes I do madam hehe!! Great meeting u on the weeked.. Can u DM me ur facebook so I can tag u in that pic from Saturday

Oh wait u have to add me as I have ablock on adding people at the mo

It was brilliant meeting you 'dear! Fear not I will find you on Facebook :thumbup: