Feedback

Tina197

whole point of the VTs is that they are taken... having words and It will be stopped!

On a related point, though, I asked for a Lena Headey VT as soon as I arrived. It was given and was much higher than currently allowed in the queue but the crew member said I could go straight in if I liked. As the physical queue was down to about ten people at that point, wasn't that the right thing for her to do? Theoretically, it prevents one more person from joining but as they weren't there, It keeps the pot boiling and satisfies the paying customer.

• Moderators

whole point of the VTs is that they are taken... having words and It will be stopped!

On a related point, though, I asked for a Lena Headey VT as soon as I arrived. It was given and was much higher than currently allowed in the queue but the crew member said I could go straight in if I liked. As the physical queue was down to about ten people at that point, wasn't that the right thing for her to do? Theoretically, it prevents one more person from joining but as they weren't there, It keeps the pot boiling and satisfies the paying customer.

There's a difference between using a little discretion to occasionally let someone in with a higher-than-currently-allowed VT if the queue is dwindling and not taking the VT of the people whose numbers ARE low enough. (Even when allowing someone in a little early the VT should really be taken.)

I had a great time and really enjoyed myself at my first Collectormania.

I got to see all the people I wanted and the staff were very friendly.

There are however a few points I would like to raise.

Car Park: Having never been before I wasn't aware of the layout, we arrived at the back of the stadium near Gate 4 but all of the Car Park was full and from our vantage point it looked like the rest was being dug up. There was no-one to ask about where else we could park or any clear signs and it was only by chance that we found that the front of the stadium had car parking spaces. I believe this was rectified on Sunday but wasn't much help to us on Saturday.

Queuing: We arrived before 9.00am and decided to queue at Gate 5, so we could get the VT for Karen Gillan. This was one of the guests I really wanted to meet, in the line behind us were people that did not however want to meet Karen. While I realise you had posted which gates to queue for i.e. Gate 5 - Karen, Gate 4 - General Entrance and John Barrowman. There was nobody on hand to direct people to the right queue, then when people realised at around 9.00am, we got some dashing off to the general entrance and others who had gone in the general entrance getting in the line for Karen before people who had specifically queued at gate 5 which was rather frustrating.

Photoshoots: I was considering having a photoshoot with Karen Gillan and the 5 doctors but by the time I saw the queue for the photoshoots I was put off. I know that you were 30% up on people but I saw no signs on who was avaiable or completely booked up for their photoshoots. I could have joined the back of the very long queue got to the front, only to be told that the photoshoots were fully booked. I admit I may have missed a sign with the photoshoots still available/fully booked up but it didn't appear obvious. In future I will pre-book but unfortunately the online shop had closed before I was aware of the event.

I will say again that I had a really good time, it was my first Collectormania and I am hopefully coming back into 2013

Loved meeting Olivia D'abo.So friendly.Also Sean Astin and Jason Momoa.I don't know if you guys are in touch with their reps after the event and pass on feedback on how it all went but pass on my thanks to them .Made all the traveling worthwhile. Also your volunteers too, hard work dealing with the public in mass numbers but they remained cheerfull and helpful throughout the day. Thumbs up from me. :smile:

My only complaint is that the photo' shoots have killed the posed photo's at the signing table I prefer the days when we could all get a posed photo' at the table and there were no photo' shoots it infuriates me when I ask a guest who has noone behind me can I get a picture with you and they say I can't I'm doing a photo' shoot.... :thumbdown:

• Like 1

• Moderators

To be fair to the guests, many of them were doing them on Friday, and there were definitely some doing them on the other days too (including ones that had photo shoots).

In the end it is down to them, and they may just use the 'photo shoot' excuse as a polite way out. It is their decision and we have to respect that.

There may also be some guests who find that the flash from cameras will give them migraines or very bad headaches. If that is the case the guests may say no to posed photos at the desk. Admittedly we could ask people to turn the flash on their cameras off but there will always be some who won't and end up spoiling it for everyone else.

• Like 1