Feedback

Tina197

This was the first Collectormania for me and my girlfriend, and the overall experience was excellent. Crewmembers were universally helpful and friendly, and the guests were great. Lance Henriksen and Sean Astin in particular were really friendly and happy to chat. My only niggle would be the same one mentioned by several others: the venue itself. We went on the Saturday, and it was cold and windy and difficult to navigate through crowded areas. The fact that it was free entry compensated somewhat for this, though, and we would both go again next year, assuming the same good standard of guests.

I only went for a couple of signatures and the dealers, thought the dealers room was too cramped and when I got my ticket for Hannah S queue was told I would likely have to wait for 2.5 hours, walked around a bit then went back about 1.5 hours later to see if the time was still the same only to be told it would like be 2 more hours so I'm afraid I gave up. Venue would be fine if weather was ok but with the cold and rain it was not too pleasant in some places, plus too many bottle necks, why have the people in costumes etc all in one place causing a crush, I know many people would not like that. Compared to over events this was clearly my worst and would have to think twice about going again.

my nine Collectormania MK and maybe the best (with the no. 10, my 1st) ...

only 3 remarks :

- the people who attending the event the saturday and park their cars as animals... impossible for the bus to stop it as usual ....

- the hundred people who sleeping near the photoshoot collection, I don't understand why...

- the people (not showmasters guys) who help Jake LaMotta with the autographs... they ask me £ 35.- for an autograph (on a picture), I think that is the price for a sport item ... could you confirm it ?

no direct problems with Showmasters or the cast ... only with the people/fans without respect...

ps. sorry for my poor english...

Yup it has been stated somewhere on the forum and i think a link has been posted on this feedback about printing and they are testing on site printing alongside off site

Indeed. I believe some of mine were done in-house and some off site. In fact I ended up with 2 copies of one for some reason, I think one is in-house and one off-site so interesting for comparison.

There's not a lot of difference between them but the one that I believe is the off-site one has better contrast, punchier colours and more natural skin tone. The in-house one is perfectly good though and mostly you're only likely to notice the difference if you see them side by side. Both are sharp and clear and although I'd say I think the off-site printed ones (assuming I've got it right) are better I see no reason to complain about the quality. I'd be happier with lab printed but if in-house is the way to go, then so be it. Still be happy to pay for my photoshoots.

Photo collections - Later on the Saturday and Sunday became more difficult. On the Saturday we were waiting for Brian Blessed/Tom Baker photos, there wasn't enough table room for all of the photos that were being put out so one of the crew decided to grab a batch to hand out and call out descriptions of the people in them. This worked to an extent but he was mobbed and it brought back memories of the Leonard Nimoy photos of 2009. Also when one child photo wasn't taken and he had three or so other child photos he quite audibly said they must be part of a group and didn't call them out!

That sounds like it was possibly me - tall-ish chappie with knitted meerkats on his lanyard?

I was trying my best, and I think I actually had multiple shots of the same child at that point. It was pretty manic though, good job I'm used to dealing with crowds!!!!!

Overall i thought the event was great! Had a brilliant time. My only feedback would be that i felt the photo distribution was a bit chaotic. I was impressed with how quickly some of them came back. But people crowding around the tables waiting for photos to come back, in the same area where people were queuing for photoshoots, and for people walking through. Felt a bit squishy at times! Props to the crew though for handing the photos to people as they saw them, and doing what they could. And on Saturday certain areas seemed to come to a complete stand still due to the crowds, not a lot that can be done about that, but it did feel quite claustrophobic for a bit

some staff didn't know what was going on with regards to photo collection and instead of owning up to it (by simply saying "I don't know, sorry" - they kept on saying "15 minutes" or "they are almost here" - I got tired of this when i was told for the 4th time that it would be another 15 minute wait.

Yea thats true, after just under 4 hours of waiting for my Carl Weather photo I too was a little p***ed off with all the excuses..

I asked several times if they were back and all I kept getting was 10 minutes then after that 15 minutes... It was nearly 4 hours eventually.

I asked them about 10 minutes before they actually arrived that how come John Barrowman shoot that was a hour later than Carl Weathers one were all back in just over 60 minutes..

The reply was hes more popular so we get those done first!..

My first time attending but I thought it was all really smooth.

I went on the Saturday, got parked by the gate, had seen the guest I wanted to see (John Barrowman) by 9:15am and photo was done by 10:40. Went to the shopping centre for a couple of hours browsing, came back parked by the gate again and picked up pic that was all ready and first on the desk.

... then again I did arrive at 6:30am! ;)

The only downside was I was pretty drenched waiting in the rain until the crew, who were really friendly, let us in to the entrance an hour early to get us out of the rain! Can't blame Showmasters for the weather.

G

Feedback for this event

Weather - not the best but we can't do anything about that but it did make the venue very cold

Seating - as I was with someone in a wheelchair I found it almost impossible to get a seat in the cordoned off area as a) there was so little of it and B) not many places for wheelchairs as well as person pushing the wheelchair - there was also a problem as the gates used to corndon off had low supporting feet which I saw a couple of people tripping over

Organisers desk - was difficult as I had to queue one side for photo tickets and the other for auto tickets - made more difficult with having a wheelchair

Food - would have been nice if sandwiches could have been available as it was quite difficult to get to alternate places to eat

Car parking - saturday there was no staff in the car park to help us park somewhere sensible and with enough room to get wheelchair in/out of car - sunday was better

Overall I did find it quite hard to find out where certain guests were located as I could not easily find the detailed plans on the walls but anyway with help from the SM staff we did manage to get to everyone we wanted to.

just a quick point on the on VT tickets & whether they were taken or not, at Brian Blessed's queue I copuld see the guy taking the tickets at the desk and throwing them in a cardboard box, which is what I did with mine when I got near enough to it. The Tickets for Andrew Lee Potts were never taken off me but all the other virtual queue tickets were, with the exception of Hannah's, when i decided to go I offered the tickets for Hannah's queue back to the crew member, who told me to just either throw them away or keep them, I handed them back to the main desk in the end as I was leaving. So I just thought I would throw that into the ring, as I say the rest of the event went well for me, and that was the only problem.

This was my first event so I came very open minded expecting there to be a few hitches.

Fortunately I was wrong! I loved it!

I bought the Residents Pass for Sat/Sun, got in those few minutes before Sat, and easily found lots of virtual tickets to the actors I wanted to meet.

Spent most of Saturday just taking it all in. Was chatting to Brandon Routh and Jason Momoa about their football antics the precious day (which I'm gutted to have missed!) Both lovely guys and chatty. Thought the dealers were brilliant and the never had so many photos taken with Star Wars characters in my life! :clap:

The talks with Kenny Baker & David Prowse, Sean Astin and Carl Weathers were just brilliant, Weathers especially being quite inspirational.

The party was out of this world! Sean Astin was such a nice guy to chat to. (Can't believe the alcohol was so expensive though!?)

Then Sunday although the weather was pants we still went to some photoshoots and whatnot.

The staff were very friendly and helpful! (Except one particular tall guy who I found to be very rude, but hey ho)

The layout made sense, must have walked around the stadium 1000 times in total haha.

Overall my hats off to Showmasters, all I've done is rave about the weekend ever since, and won't shut up for some time.

Please do the R.Pass again next year!

Thanks for an AWESOME event guys! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I know that more responses are going to be posted when they return tomorrow,

Crowding, photoshoots, lack of free buses are niggly things but not life threatening. Hopefully this will not happen again once the site is updated for next year, but I would be devastated if my late dad had been put in a similar position.

There is a response that has been started on a separate thread so that it's not lost in the middle of a post http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76217

• Showmasters Admin

The VTs not being taken should obviously never have happened. But it appears to have. Trust me, there will be some serious words being had over this and it will be sorted for next time.

My apolagies it happened. In future if you see it happening please do let the Pit Bosses know, it WILL be stopped.

• Like 2

Did anyone see the girl dressed as a character from Sucker Punch??? haha, awesome.......I wanted to ask her for a photo but she had a rather large guy with her (boyfriend?!) so thought best not to, haha.

Awesome outfit

• Showmasters Admin

The whole point of the VTs is that they are taken, so that they can't be used again. People may like them as keep sakes, but for everyone that wants to keep it, there's another 10 that want to use it to help someone jump the queue. That's simply not fair on those with higher VTs.

How would you feel if you got to the show at 9am and got ticket 200, but then missed the guest because tickets 1-180 kept being reused and we never got to you? You'd not be happy then I'm sure.

They NEED to taken, I will be having words and It will be stopped!

• Like 1

The VTs not being taken should obviously never have happened. But it appears to have. Trust me, there will be some serious words being had over this and it will be sorted for next time.

My apolagies it happened. In future if you see it happening please do let the Pit Bosses know, it WILL be stopped.

Thanks Too Tall, it was really surprising to us when it happened a few times at the weekend, which is why we felt the need to raise it. Good to hear that normal service will be resumed.

With regards to posed photos at the tables or not, it all very much depends on the guests most of the time. Of course when they are a guest who is in very high demand the no posed pictures sign goes up but in quieter periods it's up to the guests themselves and I for one respect that

I can finally post my feedback.

I came on Saturday, got the bus and started to queue. Early signs would be nice to know where to queue but other attendees were nice and helpful.

I managed to get low VT so I was happy. The guests I met were lovely, crew was helpful as always but:

- The Hunger Games talk: running late (things can happen) but 15mins of the talk which I paid £10, not very happy. I understand that everything was running late but the talk started 35 mins late and only lasted 15mins, too short!!

- queue for the photoshoot for Brandon Routh was bad

- queue for Brian Blessed was a so slow

- some guests proved to be quite popular (Harry Potter ones) but queue was not very well organised because of the tables.

I've been a bit unlucky with Sean Astin: while I was queuing, he was chatty and posing for pictures. Just before signing for me, he looked at the queue and said that he needed to hurry up so barely looked at me, no chat :-(

The other guests were lovely!!