Feedback

Tina197

I didn't think the photo collection area was too problematic - it was just a case of waiting until the hoards of vultures/zombies had moved on. There are some real rude people!! Don't know if it would be beneficial sticking to ticket numbers and calling them in batches to collect photos? ie when photos from ticket numbers 1-100 are returned, allowing these ticket holders to come forward to retrieve their pics.

An idea but wouldn't be possible as the photos aren't taken in strict ticket number order so there's no way to know which photo belongs to which ticket number.

At every event I look at what's going on and try to think of a simple, easy solution without requiring a big change in how the photos are actually taken etc.

My current idea would be to have a barrier with an entrance and exit running the length of the collection table. It should be announced which photos are back and people go in one end, need to keep moving while looking for themselves and out the other end.

Downsides are more queuing and probably slower pickup but at least you'd get a constant flow of people, one at a time and none of the pushing a shoving, touching of others pics etc.

i'll keep thinking.

Lastly, DEODORANT DEODORANT DEODORANT!! I cannot emphasise this enough!! Why oh why do people choose not to bathe before arriving?? Several times in the photoshoot queue, stuck behind one of these scruffs, I was stood thinking to myself "I hope guest X realises the stench is emanating from the person before me, and doesn't think it's me!!". IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND EXPECT SOMEONE TO PUT THEIR ARM AROUND YOU FOR A PHOTO, PLEASE TRY NOT TO STINK TO HIGH HEAVENS!!

Oh yes. Wasn't too bad this weekend although I was stuck behind someone in one photo queue (Lena maybe on Sunday) who really wasn't very pleasant. But on a really hot day in an enclosed venue such as LFCC this can be a big problem. I always carry some just in case.

Not exactly an SM issue unless they want to put up a sign about it and get the crew to check you don't smell too bad lol! Can't see anyone wanting that job.

Rockstar: I had my VQs taken off me on saturday. Other days I didnt get/need any. But Barrowman, T Baker and Lena's queues all took my VQ off me :)

Only one VT was taken off me all weekend & only 3 checked!!

And I saw Lena & Tom twice (2nd time for a friend who had to leave)

Here are all the tickets i used and still had at end of Saturday.

As an experienced showmasters attendee I can assure you that the majority of VT queues I used did not function in the controlled normal way they do at MK, LF&CC or EMS

http://i782.photobuc...cylon/042-1.jpg

Scott Bakula???? Where was he Sunday then??? I didnt even know he was going to be there???

Edited by Kingy68

I only popped in for a couple of hours on Sunday and despite the weather managed to get all the autos I wanted and had time to browse the stalls.

I would particularly like to thank SM for maintaining their policy of charging £10 for some of the guests. In these difficult financial times finance is a genuine issue for many of us and having been to other shows where prices all seem to start at £15 even for actors with small roles and very thin cv's it's great to see SM still offering a considerable number of guests at £10. It certainly does encourage me to meet some of them and I've had some great meetings as a result. This time round Richard Hope proved an absolute gentleman, very happy to talk for ages and seemed genuinely pleased to discuss his time on Doctor Who - £10 well spent!

Long may the SM £10 pricing policy continue.

Rockstar: I had my VQs taken off me on saturday. Other days I didnt get/need any. But Barrowman, T Baker and Lena's queues all took my VQ off me :)

Only one VT was taken off me all weekend & only 3 checked!!

And I saw Lena & Tom twice (2nd time for a friend who had to leave)

Here are all the tickets i used and still had at end of Saturday.

As an experienced showmasters attendee I can assure you that the majority of VT queues I used did not function in the controlled normal way they do at MK, LF&CC or EMS

http://i782.photobuc...cylon/042-1.jpg

Scott Bakula???? Where was he Sunday then??? I didnt even know he was going to be there???

I know exactly where Scott was but cant say :angel:

they used Scott's tickets for Jake La Motta presumably as his own supply had run out or were missing & Brian Blessed used high numbers for Anthony Michael Hall at some point!!!!

Edited by TonytheCylon

Keith well said about Deodorant its something I have noticed as well

had not crossed my mind that guests might think its me with the smell and not person before

its surprises me in general life the number of times you come across this problem

if anyone on here does not use it, please do in future

virtual tickets comments, had not even thought no one ever asked me for one

think Sunday was less busy from comments on here and that was only day I went

so perhaps they were not needed on Sunday, I still have all mine too

photos as I said others have now proved they can be done, more photos taken more printers to print them surely !

blemishes can be sorted as they occur, but in general pictures can be done a lot quicker

I had 4 at the other event, all were fine and received as I left the photoshoot !

I was asked if each was ok and I guess if not it would have been redone

I could not believe a new organiser had sorted this problem at their first event

and you could even download a version for free when you got home

considering a lot of the complaints on here and other peoples events are about photo's

the problems can be sorted, it has now been proved.

photos as I said others have now proved they can be done, more photos taken more printers to print them surely !

blemishes can be sorted as they occur, but in general pictures can be done a lot quicker

I had 4 at the other event, all were fine and received as I left the photoshoot !

I was asked if each was ok and I guess if not it would have been redone

I could not believe a new organiser had sorted this problem at their first event

and you could even download a version for free when you got home

considering a lot of the complaints on here and other peoples events are about photo's

the problems can be sorted, it has now been proved.

The new organisers I have heard have gone bust after their first event. So even if their event did it better, it obviously didn't end up being financially viable, I would rather have problems with the photo distribution and have an event next year than have SM go bust.

Edited by Elspeth
  • Like 1

I know its further down the pages but callums shoot on Sunday WAS back very quickly, it started at 11.20 and all pics I believe were back by at least 1pm. First batch was there at around 12.30, I did another circuit by 1pm they were all back, so I don't know where the ladies was that said it wasn't back. I WAS STUNNED BY HOW QUICK IT CAME BACK!! and with two!!

In regards to over the table photos, I noticed more signs and better placed (when I say more signs, I don't mean more guest don't want pics, I mean SM have listened and made it more obvious).

I got a tabletop pic with everyone I asked, Callum, Brandon, Jason and Paul mcgann, each were happy to.

A guy in front of us in the Danny dyer booth asked and Danny said "its not up to me, its them" pointing to the not so unattractive crew member (odd I've never seen her before!) she said "im sorry, he has a shoot later, actually its not up to me either" she actually wanted to give tabletop pics but guy behind her stepped in and said "if you want a shoot you have to pay for it". Simple, Danny probably (not as though I know) didn't sell all his shoot and they probably wanted to sell a few more, I asked hubby if I could have one, after falling under dannys spell but hubby was seeing reason and said no!! (still fuming on that one!!)

Ali x

so scott bakula and anthony michael hall where there ?

No. Scott and Anthony have not attended Collectormania.

They used tickets from future or past events as an emergency , those two actors were not there.

The others may have gone bust

but I doubt it was a couple of printers on site that caused it

they proved this problem can be solved

I can print pretty good pictures at home within seconds too

there is no need for the long delays

we have progressed from slow dot matrix printers

if they have gone bust it is due to other problems

such as to many guests

someone in an earlier comment on feedback as said they were a little unhappy about photos being taken with some guests when signs clearly said no posed photos but as with carl weathers as i had camera in my hand i was told by a member of staff no posed photos but i was allowed to take photos of him signing.also got there sunday and was expecting a good choice of rocky photos but there was only one so my son had to make do with that he really wanted one of him wearing his gloves and red and white shorts ,i asked weres all the rocky photos and was told they all got sold on the saturday so maybe they should have made more copies it was only later whilst looking at stall were they sell 10x8s that we came across some cracking apollo creed photos. also just like to say on my behalf arrived just after 10 and had no problems whatsoever with parking thought lads controlling the parking did a fine job.ive been to another event were you are totally ripped off over parking so was made up to be parked right near main entrance for free

You can print pretty good pictures at home too? Really? Are they the same quality as from a lab? I very much doubt it. Mine are completely destroyed if they get a drop of liquid on them for starters and the images are easily scratched off. How long does your printer take to print each one? Mine takes up to a minute for a hi res 10x8 size image.

There were 3 studios going on Saturday, with some having different photoshoots starting every 20 minutes or so. The busier photoshoots had probably 500+ photos taken in each one. How many machines do you imagine they'd need to print the many thousands of photos taken over the weekend? What about the cost of ink (I know for my home printer a full set of inks can cost me £100 and they dont last that long when I'm printing images) and photo paper? Not to mention manpower to run them and check the prints? The other event didnt have anything like the volume of photos taken that an event like CM or LFCC does. The sheer investment in printers to do in house printing must run to the tens of thousands of pounds for professional machines. I shudder to think of the logistics of them doing them for all photoshoots for these events. Personally I'd rather wait a bit longer and have them printed in a lab.

• Like 1

We parked round the corner of the stadium and was in the q outside around 7.45 AM on the Friday and on the Saturday not much later than that and on Sunday was there again around the 8AM mark All three days parked without any hassles. Pity about the weather but at least we could wait in the dry once the doors were opened.

The only gripe was we were herded in like cattle before the opening at 9AM. And once inside went (where we were directed) in the wrong direction for Lena Heady on the Saturday. Ended up doing the complete circuit of the concourse and my VT was 125 for her. Still i managed to meet her but if i missed out on her purely due to going the wrong way i wouldnt be impressed. Not wanting to put negative aura on the forum but these little mishaps can have huge repurcussions in the long run.

Had a wonderful day managed to meet all who i wanted to on the sat - John Barrowman, Lena Headey, Jason Momoa and Sean Astin.

However no signs for the stadium spent 30mins trying to find it. Once there at 8.30 no signs for which way to go for the gates, once in no signs to which way to go for who aka John Barrowman ended up walking all the way round until found out.

Worst thing was John Barrowmans photo shoot i was number 10 and ended up being one of the last due to people with bigger numbers already Qing for 1hr before it started, however i dont know why it could not of been done like Lena's where we called up by number and colour which i think was supose to be the whole idea. People were being turned away continiously which was pointless as soon as we moved others just joined the "non existing" Q.

People were getting very angry at the end waiting for the photos for Jason Momoa as the stewards would not hold up the photos.

Just some feedback for you guys. As i still had a fab day and i didnt mind waiting as i understood the process it just spoils the event when other people decide to ignore the point of being called up by numbers etc and getting fustrated at people and stewards when its not their fault. Shame really

Fab guests thanks showmasters!!!

PS.. just a suggestion but after the photo shoots had finished i think it would of been a good idea to spread the printed photos out in one of the photo shoots room (a,b or C) so i did not clogg up the walk way and there would of been more room to spread out the large amount of printed photos making it easier for us to pick them out in the end.

Edited by sleepingxdictionary

I attended on the Saturday and here is my feedback:

The Stadium concourse is not suitable for holding this type of event - it is far too narrow for the amount of people that attended (especially this year). It is also (somehow) actually colder inside the stadium than it is outside. This would be fine on a nice hot summers day where the stadium would be nice and cool but the weather on this years CM MK (and last years) was pretty rubbish so I think a change of venue should be looked at. I understand that SM do not control the weather but if they insist on holding it in May when the weather is more likely than not to be not very good then they should think about holding it indoors - there are plenty of other indoor venues about so I am not sure why SM insist on holding it here despite all the complaints?

If SM decide to continue to use the MK Stadium then they need to put a bit more planning into the layout. Housing elderly guests in the coldest part of the stadium was quite frankly a massive oversight and some needs a bit of a rollicking for that.

Locating the photo collection desks outside the photo studios was a bit shortsighted as well - some photoshoots had triple queues which merged into the queues for the photographs which meant that area was blocked at times.

Photograph collection - Ahh, that old chestnut. This seems to have been brought up many times in many threads and these threads will keep appearing unless something is done about it. It seems there is no chance of SM getting its own printers - I suspect they deem it to be too expensive, so fair enough. My main gripe is that I had to wait almost 4 hours for my photo, which meant i missed out on getting it signed which disappointed me greatly. Not sure why the runners were being sent all the way to Boots when there was a massive ASDA next door with its own photo lab and multiple machines for instant printing??

On a good note, the staff were generally excellent (although there was one guy who was so unhelpful and spent all of his time hugging his friends) while others where required to be much more vocal than they were. I understand they are volunteers but whats the point in sending out a petite lady with a voice as loud as a mouse to tell people what going on? SM need to make better use of their volunteers and there strengths. Also, some staff didn't know what was going on with regards to photo collection and instead of owning up to it (by simply saying "I don't know, sorry" - they kept on saying "15 minutes" or "they are almost here" - I got tired of this when i was told for the 4th time that it would be another 15 minute wait.

i would also like to thank the showmasters girl on saturday in sean astins que handing out the VQ, she was a babe!! really nice and chatty :)

i agree with the venue situation, cant wait for lfcc and hope that bluewater 2013 is still going forward :)

That was me! Thanks haha I ended up at one point doing micheals, nichelle's and sean's queues with the help of a really helpful new crew member called Josh so I hoped I came across as nice opposed to flustered so I really appreciate your comment <3

The sheer investment in printers to do in house printing must run to the tens of thousands of pounds for professional machines. I shudder to think of the logistics of them doing them for all photoshoots for these events. Personally I'd rather wait a bit longer and have them printed in a lab.

Professional Printers are very cost prohibitive to buy, yes - but not to rent....which is what (IMHO) Showmasters should at least be looking into (if they have not already).

Each to their own but my time is precious to me and waiting hours and hours for a photo is not something that appeals to me. If it means paying an extra few quid per photo to cover the cost of renting such machines then I for one would not have a problem with the extra cost incurred.

Edited by vib ribbon

Professional Printers are very cost prohibitive to buy, yes - but not to rent....which is what (IMHO) Showmasters should at least be looking into (if they have not already).

Each to their own but my time is precious to me and waiting hours and hours for a photo is not something that appeals to me. If it means paying an extra few quid per photo to cover the cost of renting such machines then I for one would not have a problem with the extra cost incurred.

The latesest info about on-site printing can be found here.

The sheer investment in printers to do in house printing must run to the tens of thousands of pounds for professional machines. I shudder to think of the logistics of them doing them for all photoshoots for these events. Personally I'd rather wait a bit longer and have them printed in a lab.

The latest on the printers can be found here: http://showmasterson...showtopic=75929

There were some photoshoots being printed on site at CM, but I don't know exactly which ones and how many.

EDIT: You were faster this time 1of2, but I typed more. :P

Edited by Queen_Sindel
  • Like 1

We're only just back in Glasgow having spent the weekend (and more) in London.

We've been to over 20 events run by SM now and I refused to attend CM:MK last year due to our experience back in 2010 but thankfully things were much better for us this time.

We decided to attend on the Friday and everything was very relaxed. There couldn't have been any more than a hundred or so in the queue at opening time. Guests were allowing photos at the table, hardly an queues, very relaxed atmosphere etc. We had a brilliant time and met about 10 guests we really wanted to take the pressure off of Saturday. I'd strongly advise anyone to attend on Friday at a future event if they can make it.

Kudos to Jason on Friday as well for assisting us with a mis-understanding and I was really grateful to him and the crew (Kev for their assistance). I got the chance to speak to a number of crew and fans about the events and provide feedback on the event and our recent experiences of the forums. The guests were brilliant - especially Eric Avari and Lance Henriksen.

Saturday (as expected) was mental and we saw another several guests.

I was very surprised that some guests were out on the concourse (David Bradley and Brian Blessed) as I'd guessed they were going to be very busy whereas other guests that I saw in the tents had no-one with them (i.e. Michael Dorn) from what we could see and feedback at previous events has highlighted how "unbusy" some were.

Saturday was crazily busy and at some points quite scary for my son (10) and daughter in a pushchair, particuarly when passing near the photoshoot collections. There were a number of wheelchair users also trapped in that area and I saw one woman in her wheelchair was very distressed at one point. While SM can't predict crowds the photoshoot collections should be in a separate area if possible. Just after I helped someone else in a wheelchair get through the crowd, I was asked by someone at the dealers entrance if I wanted to buy early VT numbers as he had already seen some of the guests (he had John Barrowman and Sean Astin). This fits with what others have said in that VT tickets were not being taken from attendees.

There's a number of comments about the photos over the desk policy, etc. All I can say to people is - get there on Friday. We've been doing this for several years now and it's the "gabbers" who take far more time than those taking seconds taking a photo but I understand that for some people they want to chat to the guest. We rarely get photoshoots and it's not down to the cost - it's the fact that we can't wait hours to collect them - I'd be happy paying to take my own.

All in all, a fairly good weekend for us but I do feel for those who weren't as fortunate.

It's also worth noting that at CM:MK 2010 the following criticisms came up on the forum and from us:

1. A lack of signing inside the stadium, especially at the entrance.

2. Not enough space for photoshoot collections and no information behind the desks showing which numbers were back or where to collect them.

3. Older guests being left out in the cold (back then it was Kenny Baker) and I've read the comments about Jake La Motta.

On a final positive note - all the crew we spoke to were brilliant and over the years this has really improved and made the whole experience worthwhile.

Cheers

Steve

In regards to not taking VT's I was Sean Astin's queue person so to speak and only at about two/three points during the day did I need to close the queue. At that point I was taking/checking tickets, but when there wasn't a queue it made sense (and was given permission to do so) to let people in so they weren't milling around just waiting for their number causing congestion.

Sean got through everybody with VT's so the dealer trying to sell them should've been reported as that's frankly terrible behaviour

• Like 3

In regards to not taking VT's I was Sean Astin's queue person so to speak and only at about two/three points during the day did I need to close the queue. At that point I was taking/checking tickets, but when there wasn't a queue it made sense (and was given permission to do so) to let people in so they weren't milling around just waiting for their number causing congestion.

Sean got through everybody with VT's so the dealer trying to sell them should've been reported as that's frankly terrible behaviour

I was the same with John Barrowman. There were a couple of times when I had to leave the queue to go down to the end of it and I may have missed one or two tickets due to having to do this, especially as the end of the queue was out of my sight having gone round the end of the tent (NOT down to me I hasten to add!). Again John got to open queue by 4.30 and I was using common sense as well. That person should definitely have been pointed out if they were trying to sell VQ tickets :firedevil:

Edited by Banished_From_Rohan