Feedback

Tina197

Like others I struggled with buses however managed to get taxi there and back from train station. £5 each way when split between who you are with is very good and what I will do again in future

want to say a few words about poor jake lamotta.

one of my two reasons for going to this particular convention was to meet him,the other reason was to meet nichelle nichols.

on arriving at the dons stadium i did a quick scout round to see where he was located(he wasnt due to start signing untill 11am)

it was pretty cold at the venue today,i think most people would agree on that,so i was amazed to see that jake lamotta,who lets not forget

is 91 years old,had been put out on the main concourse,and open to all the elements.......didnt any of the organisers think this might be a bad idea??? i noticed several guests,some a lot younger than lamotta were sited in undercover areas.

jake arrived over an hour late,and after several rescheduled time changes to lamottas photo shoot,he then proceeded to do some autographs,but the queue was soon halted and we were told to come back later because of congestion in the walkway.

on arriving back there later there was no sign of jake,and was told by a crew member he had become ill because of the cold weather,and had cancelled the rest of his appearance,including the photo shoot.

thus i reiterate my point,why put a 91 year old man out in the open like that?......he should have been given somewhere with shelter,or preferably inside.

it was such a disappointment for many fans,me included,who may have missed our chance to ever meet the bronx bull.it seems unlikely given his age that he will make another trip here,and especially now having become ill on the visit.

a real missed opportunity.

i hope the champ was ok,thats the most important thing.....does anyone know anything?

I also hope jake is ok. He was the main reason I attended this event. Is there any chance of getting autographed photos from showmasters directly as I am aware that he was too cold to continue signing after about ninety minutes?

want to say a few words about poor jake lamotta.

one of my two reasons for going to this particular convention was to meet him,the other reason was to meet nichelle nichols.

on arriving at the dons stadium i did a quick scout round to see where he was located(he wasnt due to start signing untill 11am)

it was pretty cold at the venue today,i think most people would agree on that,so i was amazed to see that jake lamotta,who lets not forget

is 91 years old,had been put out on the main concourse,and open to all the elements.......didnt any of the organisers think this might be a bad idea??? i noticed several guests,some a lot younger than lamotta were sited in undercover areas.

jake arrived over an hour late,and after several rescheduled time changes to lamottas photo shoot,he then proceeded to do some autographs,but the queue was soon halted and we were told to come back later because of congestion in the walkway.

on arriving back there later there was no sign of jake,and was told by a crew member he had become ill because of the cold weather,and had cancelled the rest of his appearance,including the photo shoot.

thus i reiterate my point,why put a 91 year old man out in the open like that?......he should have been given somewhere with shelter,or preferably inside.

it was such a disappointment for many fans,me included,who may have missed our chance to ever meet the bronx bull.it seems unlikely given his age that he will make another trip here,and especially now having become ill on the visit.

a real missed opportunity.

i hope the champ was ok,thats the most important thing.....does anyone know anything?

I can only agree with this and have said something similar in my previous posts in this section. It really is somewhat baffling how anyone can expect guests in their late 70's through to their 90's to sit all day in the cold wind signing autographs. Its not the first time this has happened and I would have thought that a bit of thought and common sense would have prevailed when organising the areas for guests of a certain age. I hope Jake is okay and sympathise for your lost opportunity. Luckily I was still able to meet the Tottenham players, but I did feel great sympathy for them out in the cold and I felt a distinct draft at their tables.

Yes, I thought that too. More of the guests should have been in the indoor section, they are the reason most go to the event so surely well being is important especially the older guests. I was glad to see David Prowse :vader: and Kenny Baker were indoors (but they are like family to showmasters crew :lol: ). I hope it changes for the older guests today. Have a good time everyone.

No major complaints from me. Still hate the venue as its too cold and cramped but have got used to it now. Photo collection was a lot faster and painless than usual. Only thing i would say is that the popularity of some guests was under estimated maybe. Brian Blessed should really have been put somewhere to better accomodate his constant long queue. Also had problems with the car park, we got a good space as we were there early but people parking all over the place boxed us in and created problems. Overall though, great guests and a great job by showmasters!!

Dear Showmasters,

I think it's time you gave your photoshoot collection a serious revamp.

Trying to collect your photos from a small table obviously too small to show all of the photos at once whilst 1000 other people clamber around trying to find their own photos was ridiculous!

It felt like the worst, most un-organised part of the show I have ever encountered.

Having recently attended a similar show I was amazed how well they had their photo shoot organised. Photos were given out to each person directly after the photo was taken. The quality was equal to the showmasters photos and they even gave a website link to obtain a free digital copy!

I love all the showmasters events, they are my favourite shows but in this one area they are prehistoric!

Apart from this situation, I really enjoyed the show

Thanks

• Like 2

I actually liked the Venue as with it being one massive circle it was pretty hard to get lost my only real issue with it was the Weather but that's not really something you can control. The Guests didn't seem to let the cold get them down and were great throughout.

Edited by adam.anouer

Went again this morning, and no issues with the parking as stewards were directing people (although when I left at 11.00 they had gone).

Lena Headey was lovely, even after I told her I thought the Lannisters were evil, she told me they were just misunderstood.

Lance Henriksen was cool, he has been killed in 90% of films he has been in! Talked about his new film coming out here soon, which sounds very good.

Danny Dyer was exactly as I imagined, we talked football and Morgana Robinson's impressions, which he thinks are fantastic (and he fancies her)

Roxanne McKee was even lovelier in person, and talked about Game of Thrones.

The only disappointment was not having time to see Hannah Spearitt -when I went to join the queue I was told I didnt need a ticket, but to come back in 20 minutes, and when I did, was asked if I had a ticket (which I then went and got, which was number 271). The queue was still on 0-50. The chap said as she was doing photo's, and chatting with everyone that it was taking about 3 mins per person, and to come back in about an hour - 220 people at 3 mins each isnt an hour.....

Still, overall I got pretty much everything I wanted. The venue should be better signposted, but thats up to Milton Keynes to sort out. I thought we could have had more entrances open as well - the main one being the opposite side of the stadium to the main car park. Fantastic guests, good value for money, so well done Showmasters for putting together another great event.

Hi, first post so go easy on me!

We went to Collectormania yesterday. We had a great time overall.

This was our 2nd CM at the stadium. I'd hate my observations to be considered complaints but there certainly are pro's and cons to to the current location.

I think the stadium is a great idea in principle. The parking yesterday was awful....we ended up parking in Ikea which wasn't a big deal but trying to find a spot for an hour really got on my nerves! I suppose it was a bank holiday weekend and we were next door to 2 massive stores so there was always going to be a parking problem. Hopefully next time it isn't quite as bad!

As I said, the stadium is a great idea in principle but (sorry about the but) at times it was really gusty and so cold! I've read on twitter that it is really, really cold today! I'm glad we went yesterday!

The guests were great. I think Showmasters always manage to get a good mix of guests. Some familiar from other cons, some really new and surprising (Superman! I mean c'mon...Superman!!!)

Great guests means congestion in certain parts of the stadium. No big deal but we did have to do a bit of polite shoving to get past at times. The other congestion area which was a problem for us was the merchandise area. Wow, a real tight squeeze to get through. We went in once for a look around and were going to go back in at a later time to make a couple of purchases. We decided against it in the end as my wife is pregnant at the mo and it was just a massive struggle to get her through the crowd without getting shoved. OK, that is our problem but it would be nice to have a bit more space to get a proper look at the tables! This time next year, we'll be pushing a baby buggy around so realistically I think we'll probably give CM a miss as I think we'd struggle at times!

So, a lot of the small niggles we had were down to us and weren't a problem. I was really pleased to see the show busy and successful. The only things I'd change if I could........It gets too cold and too crowded in some places! As a P.S, I used to love the quirky feeling of collectormania when it was in the shopping center. watching shoppers faces as they passed by was a real joy!

To everyone who cosplayed....thanks for the entertainment and the photo ops, especially the stormtrooper who photobombed me (see avatar!)

Edited by syfiholic

My only main comment is the free bus service. We left after 6pm yesterday but had no idea where the bus would pick up from as it hadnt said on the website and there werent any signs we could see. There needs to be a pick up location decided and stuck to for the 3 days and maybe more than one bus doing the rounds during the busier times. Our bus from the station in the morning went round to the shopping centre but there was no point really as noone was allowed to get on because it was full!

We got a taxi back to the station in the end and it only cost £4.30 between two so wasnt a hassle at all.

I've got used to the congestion/crowds/cold at the stadium but having said that, I'm not sure the stadium concourse is really wide enough to deal with all the crowds at the busiest times. You get stuck and its really hard to move anywhere for ages!

Makes me miss the shopping centre at times!

xxx

We went back to the Shopping Centre yesterday afternoon, after we'd finished at the stadium...walked past Middleton Hall where all the kids were playing on various activites...it was warm and light and airy and we felt quite nostalgic...but obviously a lot smaller and I do remember the squeeze the year we saw Michael Shanks there!!.....then we went to Cafe Rouge and had a nice meal with some wine before going home....I was lucky that I didn't really go for the autos, photo ops & talks, just to "browse"...

Have to say though that I look forward to LFCC much more than MK simply because of the venue.....I HATE that stadium and always will..... :(

Deeds xx

Edited by discodiva

The free bus situation is a joke. Bus came in an told to come back in half an hour cause he said he needed a break before he could drive any more. But he drove off anyway? If he wasn't supposed to drive why didn't he wait for half an hour at the stop?

I thought it was amazing, couldn't fault it. Good venue (albeit cold, but that was pretty much expected), great guests, friendly & helpful crew and nothing to complain about. I had a really good day, Karen was lovely to meet again and the event itself was really fun and well worth all the over night travel and lack of sleep. I had a great day yesterday, and can't wait for the next SM event I attend, whatever that may be. So, thank you very much SM!!

Overall I enjoyed today, it was perhaps a bit busier than I was expecting but the last couple of years I have only attended on the Bank Holiday Monday of the weekend so it has been a lot quieter. I only got two TV and Film signatures, one from Lance Henrikson and one from Louise Brealey. I was surprised by Henrikson, don't know why but I thought he might be a bit of an odd one, maybe it's because of the roles he often plays but he was very friendly and talkative in the end which was good. Louise Brealey was very busy which was good to see, hopefully an indication to SM that more Sherlock guests would be a popular thing at future shows. I wonder if she was a bit overwhelmed by it all though as she did seem to be finding the whole thing a bit odd!

The main reason for going for me was the Liverpool Team reunion which was fantastic. Great to see so many legends in one place. I ended up not bothering with getting items signed by other guests in the end and spent what I saved on the Liverpool players instead. Came away with some really nice items which I'm very pleased with.

Only negative from me was the venue itself. Having tended to avoid the main show days in the past I've not really seen the place very busy but having been there today I just don't think the concourse area works as a signing venue. The cold doesn't really bother me but with the rain coming down and water dripping through the open parts of the roofing it was hard to keep water splodges off my photos while I was waiting for the ink to dry. The walking areas with the crowds, especially the signing room just doesn't seem practical either. I can only image what yesterday with Barrowman and Gillan must have been like.

I know SM are slightly hampered by the venues that are available that can cater for events like this and that they are committed to holding events in MK, but I really think there needs to be a rethink on the stadium concourse for the future.

That aside though, an excellent show and look forward to more in the future.

This is to the organisers of Collectormania 18,

Firstly, I have attended many Showmasters events in the past and even with the many bad issues I have had with the running of the event itself, I have accepted it as there was nothing else better to compare it with. Then I was introduced to a certain convention at Cardiff and Peterborough in early 2012, which you all probably know of. And now I have learnt how it should be run. And that Showmasters are not doing that.

Why should I have to put up with attendants who know nothing about what was happening around them?

Why when asked simple questions on unusual que lines (when having paid out early on photoshoots to be early in line) to find it means nothing what so ever?

Oh, and how many times did I hear the new catchphrase 'too bad' or 'not my problem' by those 'helpful people in red and blue shirts'?

And how can you lose a whole batch of photographs from wherever they develop them from, which must be as far as Narnia for the time it took! Have they not invested in there own printers yet?

The guests where fantastic, brilliant and marvellous beyond doubt. Signing right up until past six o'clock. So kudos to them.

But to finish, Jason knows the score. Most of the people who attended the event in Peterborough saw him skulking away in background making angry calls on the phone. He's worried and so he should be. I chatted to many at this event who have created there own catchphrase, 'not as good as Peterborough.'

I'm coming to L.F.C.C in July so hopefully this message comes across and makes a difference. Change your ways Showmasters and stop being so unorganized!

Charlie, chugs-in-credible

Oh, and don't be childish and delete my post again :b Come on, we all have to take a little criticism some time...

Had a great but tiring day today. was a little worried about parking but shouldn't have it was fine parked easily at around 9.45. Met Sean Astin who was lovely although looked freezing during photoshoot. I like this venue yes it is cold but thats just the way it goes. At least you walk round knowing you've seen everything as its a nice circuit.

Collecting photos was ok even though there was a slight glitch with the carl weathers ones, got a little panicked.lol.

All in all a great day, stewards that we spoke to were helpful and pleasant. Starting to recognise some faces from previous cm.mks. Well done showmasters.

I'd like to say a big thank you to all the crew working in and around the photo studios for helping me out and generally being so lovely, especially with my injuries, so I didnt to spend too much unnecessary time standing around and I felt looked after. Thank you again to Malcolm, SJ, Giles, Murray etc for sorting out my photo glitch too.

Great effort by Showmasters. All fault lies with others, MK Council and stadium developers mainly. As it stands the stadium is not up to the job. I just wish the politicising would stop already and the arena could then be built! The parking was DIRE and the venue was cold and drafty, but what else do you expect on a football stadium concourse? This region badly needs a big indoor arena suitable for large events and concerts as everything else is either London, the Midlands or the west side of the country. And with transport costs the way they are, I for one of many am not willing to traipse into London for an event.

Kudos to the guests for appearing to remain calm and staying as warm as they could. Sean Astin was a revelation, big smiles and all the time in the world for the public. The cosplayers were brave, or in Darth Vader's case, well dressed for the weather! Just hope that by this time next year that arena will have been built to a degree that means we can at least be indoors, even if it may still be cold (have yet to find an indoor area that is decently warm).

Trek con in a few months? Three words: Bring. It. On.

Great weekend spent meeting great guests, no real faults. most stuff that usually goes wrong are cosmetic at these events, if you don't make mistakes you won't get better. Jason and crew keep up the good work as ever. looking forward to LFCC.

i would also like to thank the showmasters girl on saturday in sean astins que handing out the VQ, she was a babe!! really nice and chatty :)

i agree with the venue situation, cant wait for lfcc and hope that bluewater 2013 is still going forward :)

My only real point of feedback would be to mention a situation at one of the long tables of guest signing. Two of the most popular guests were in the middle of the table and their queues stretched along the front two-halves of the tables in front of all the other guests. Meaning that if - like me - you wanted to say hello to one of the less busy guests you had to make sure you weren't pushing your way through anyone else who was trying to see them and past others who constantly thought you were trying to push your way into their queue.

It would have been better to put the busier guests on the outside of the tables so the queses could have gone out to the sides while leaving the less busy guests in the middle for easier access.

I must have done a complete circuit of the stadium about 6 times and it was the same every time I passed.

My only real point of feedback would be to mention a situation at one of the long tables of guest signing. Two of the most popular guests were in the middle of the table and their queues stretched along the front two-halves of the tables in front of all the other guests. Meaning that if - like me - you wanted to say hello to one of the less busy guests you had to make sure you weren't pushing your way through anyone else who was trying to see them and past others who constantly thought you were trying to push your way into their queue.

It would have been better to put the busier guests on the outside of the tables so the queses could have gone out to the sides while leaving the less busy guests in the middle for easier access.

I must have done a complete circuit of the stadium about 6 times and it was the same every time I passed.

This did stand out to me also. I suspect the popularity of some of the guests had been underestimated and it was hard sometimes to know which queue was for which guest as there was no-one managing the situation. Didn't massively spoil anything but could have been handled a bit better. David Bradley on Saturday in particular was like this and Natalia Tena could have gone the same way today but she was moved to a more sheltered area before it became a problem.

Well have to say it was an excellent weekend. All the guests and crew were brilliant as usual.

The only bad thing about the weekend was the weather - I lost 2 photos due to rain drops all over them which was a bit annoying. I would also agree with the above posts about certain guests who had long queues and should have been put in alcoves - Dvid Bradley and Brian Blessed come to mind.

I do think that the no posed photos rule should be enforced more to move the queues along.

All in all though a great weekend. Roll on next year. :dance:

Edited by reddragon