Feedback

Tina197

BEST....DAY......EVER!!!!!!!!!

Been up fr 13hrs straight with only 2hrs sleep before that!! But it's been worth it! Arrived at 6:00am and got rained on but I MET JASON MOMOA!!!!! And LENA HEADEY!!! Which is honestly a dream come true!

Lena was so happy that we were wearing Lannister tshirts and called us the Lannister Girls :D and gave us extra pics during the session!

Jason gave me a massive hug and a wink >.< proud I didn't faint!!

Love love love it! First ever convention! Parking, staff, merch, guest: PERFECT :D

The parking arrangements made me want to hurt people. Can't exactly blame Showmasters for the stadium owners deciding to dig the car park up, but it really was a mess. I ended up parked in the IKEA car park (I needed to go there anyway) after much driving round and round in circles.

This was my first time going in a looong time, and I had a fun morning toddling around having a look. Didn't buy any shiny trinkets, but whatever. Hopefully try and go again next time I think.

I'm so glad I went Friday because today was manic for parking (ended up parking in Asda) BUT THIS ISN'T SHOWMASTER'S FAULT. Luckily we didn't have to do a lot other than go to a talk and meet two of the smaller guests but it was manic inside too. So many people, not enough room. I walked past Karen Gillian who looked panicked by it all, bless her. Also, what went wrong with the Hunger Games talk? Meant to start at 10:40, started at 11:00 and went on for twenty minutes. Ah well, I don't really mind because it was fabulous. Dayo and Amandla were real lovely people c:

anyone know what number tom baker got upto, he was only up to 200 when i left at 3 cos of 2 photoshoots and lunch plus he had a talk at 3.30, too much for him to do IMO, hopefully most got to see him, vt 's were not far of 700

No problem at all parking Friday in the stadium car park at 9am. Was such a nice quiet day unlike today. Too many people crowded about. Had trouble getting past photo shoot areas due to amount of people just standing around not in the queue. Hated every minute of today. Only good things were meeting Lena Headey who was so nice and having my photo shoot with Callum. Both great guests. Parking was a nightmare. Ended up half a mile away from the venue down a side road!

• Like 1

No issues here except for the photo collection issues which SM are working to fix long term, got photos with Lena Headey, Jason Momoa, Finn Jones and Callum Blue. As for the parking, it was crazy when i arrived but being local I just parked nearby, a couple of minutes walk away.

Yeah we did the side road thing too.....and walked....mind you we got a nice quiet parking space away from being bumped and pranged by peeps trying to squeeze in non-existent spaces I guess...:)

Had a couple of walks round...hadn't planned to get/buy anything but ended up meeting Callum Blue, Brandon Routh and Erik Avari - all three were absolutely lovely and had no or virtually no queues when I was at their tables.....which you couldn't say for many others...I didn't even bother tbh as I went there purely on a whim...

but the best guest for me was meeting my very first crush - well the voice of...Scott Tracy, Thunderbird 1, played by the lovely Shane Rimmer...what a wonderful man!!...I got to chat to him, he was so amazed at how many people were there, he came round the side of the table to give me a hug and a posed photo and when I left and thanked him he kissed me on the cheek!!...:D

My life is complete - I have been kissed by a Thunderbird!!!...and at nearly 54 that's something pretty special as they were my first ever childhood heroes.....my son has a Tracy Island too, so it's generational!!..

Thank you Showmasters for bringing such a truely wonderful gentleman... :clap:

Oh and Jake La Motta in that yellow suit?....total class!!!... :dance:

Deeds xx

My only problem was there wasn't any signs or notices for the free bus on the way back from the stadium. I just saw a group of people on the main road looking like they were waiting for a bus. We walked all the way around to the hotel, where it dropped us off, and walked all the way back around.

The picking up photos was manic as usual, especially waiting for John Barrowman and Karen Gillan, which is the norm. I know its not Showmasters fault, but being pushed and prodded about by strangers isnt my idea of a good time.

I was in the queue when Ben(i think that was his name) said to move away if you've picked up a photo. When a woman behind me asked if he was emabarrassed, stating that he should be, because its an absolute shamblers. If the woman had been to a Collectormania before, she would have known that its always the same. Especially with big named guests. And there's nothing you can do about it! I thought she was rude.

Anyways, was a good day. Met John Barrowman and Karen Gillan, very happy with my photos. Having a Andrew Lee Potts and Hannah Spearitt photo tomorrow, and maybe another auto :)

Bring on LFCC. Gonna be even more exhausting.

Sam

xxxx

Had to give up and go home before even getting in. I got there after 9 and couldn't get parked - the whole place was gridlocked. Very disappointed.

TBH, if I had known before hand how busy it was likely to be, in tandem with the car parking being so limited (a lot of it was cordoned off due to roadworks/building works) I probably wouldn't have driven down there. What a shame.

Why didn't you park in Asda or Ikea?

My wife and I had a good day at Collectormania today - but both of us were not impressed with the lack of available parking, even though I understand this wasn't the fault of Showmasters. We ended up driving around for quite a while, then found an offchance space near to Gate 4, close to the exit but not blocking it entirely - as some had done a little later in the day.

The event itself was very busy inside too. We got a virtual queue ticket to get a photo and autograph from Sean Astin. He was very chatty and on the ball - I think he'd got over the jetlag safely enough :) Got a decent photo of him too on my phone, which was cool :)

I would suggest that marshalls are brought in to regulate the parking at the next Collectormania event. There seemed to be a lot of people leaving odd-shaped gaps, if they could have parked a bit closer together then that would have helped, I think.

All in all, a great day. We have been visiting Collectormania events at MK since the second event, when the Dutch actor, Rutger Hauer, was doing a signing there in person just over 10 years ago.

got there at 6:15am was 3rd in line for Karen Gillan, was number 25 VT after gold and residents pass had got theirs, Karen was very happy and friendly, and pictures dont do her justice shes absolutley stunning irl, had a photoshoot with her aswell, had a great day looking round and meeting Karen, didnt see any Primeval cosplays though, guess i was the only one?? hope to see some tomorrow

Had to give up and go home before even getting in. I got there after 9 and couldn't get parked - the whole place was gridlocked. Very disappointed.

TBH, if I had known before hand how busy it was likely to be, in tandem with the car parking being so limited (a lot of it was cordoned off due to roadworks/building works) I probably wouldn't have driven down there. What a shame.

Why didn't you park in Asda or Ikea?

Time-limit on parking. It might have been okay I suppose, but wasn't prepared to risk it just for one autograph.

Still takes ages to pick up photos, and can't see a thing half the time because of all the zombies standing at the table and refusing to move.

Kudos to the bald guy in glasses who appeared later in the day and kept everyone moving along, he was brilliant. Should have been there all day!

Looks like I'll be using the local Arriva buses instead of the free one, judging by some of the problems posted.

I think the problem was the number of people attending against the two buses that were in operation throughout the day. I think the schedule for buses, which was the same as last year, was a bit ambitious given the amount of people who came to the event.

I actually felt sorry for those who should have been picked up on the way from the station. The buses were jammed and they had to wait which I'm sure was quite frustrating. I arrived at MK at 8.15 didn't see a bus until around 8.50. Didn't bother me too much, but I suppose if you had a photo shoot booked it must of been frustrating.

I was more concerned with my other two points which I hope showmasters take note of. There was chaos inside the stadium with people blocking walkways throughout the stadium and the issue with the elderly Tottenham players being left in the chilly and windy conditions all day.

im sorry but the layout of the stadium today was terrible, you couldnt MOVE in there it was ridiculous

My god, every time you post you're complaining? Just be grateful you went.

excuse me i actually said i had a lovely time if you bothered reading the other posts, i was just saying it was SO packed in there and alot of people agreed with me, today i was pushed, hit in the head and everything..

Looks like I'll be using the local Arriva buses instead of the free one, judging by some of the problems posted.

I think the problem was the number of people attending against the two buses that were in operation throughout the day. I think the schedule for buses, which was the same as last year, was a bit ambitious given the amount of people who came to the event.

I actually felt sorry for those who should have been picked up on the way from the station. The buses were jammed and they had to wait which I'm sure was quite frustrating. I arrived at MK at 8.15 didn't see a bus until around 8.50. Didn't bother me too much, but I suppose if you had a photo shoot booked it must of been frustrating.

I was more concerned with my other two points which I hope showmasters take note of. There was chaos inside the stadium with people blocking walkways throughout the stadium and the issue with the elderly Tottenham players being left in the chilly and windy conditions all day.

I used the buses a few years back, managed to get one there but couldn't be bothered waiting 1hr+ for one back.... was hoping they'd improved.

Luckily I live in MK so know roughly what buses go where/when.

Edited by mahoosive

im sorry but the layout of the stadium today was terrible, you couldnt MOVE in there it was ridiculous

My god, every time you post you're complaining? Just be grateful you went.

excuse me i actually said i had a lovely time if you bothered reading the other posts, i was just saying it was SO packed in there and alot of people agreed with me, today i was pushed, hit in the head and everything..

Thats a completely valid point, it was hectic today lets be honest- that doesn't mean I enjoyed the day any less though, it was still great but I get where your coming from, lots of queues and people taking photos created a lot of traffic at some points

i totally agree the day went quite well although still a little cold being on the concourse again but the big problem was the free bus i totally understand that this wasnt showmasters fault when venue sercuity was sending people somewhere for a bus that never came i was hoping to only be at the event for a few hours thats why i didnt take my walking stick but walking backwards and forward for this bus that was about two and a half hours late was really ticking people off......THUNDERCATS HOE x x sorry for me spelling x x

I parked at the asda. went to the shop , spoke to the manager and security team, was parked there for seven hours. As long as they know they are happy, and only a couple of people spoke to them. Rest of the day was great, Collectormania Thank you great day out,. WONDERFUL thank you