Disabled Access to Stadium

giddygategirl

This is my first time going to Collectormania at MK (I've done LFCC a few times).

I use a mobility scooter, so i was wondering what the access is like to get into the stadium?

I'm hoping to meet John Barrowman, Karen Gillan, Sean Astin, Jason Momoa, Brandon Routh and Eric Aviri (all for photos and autos). I'm going to get there to que early (about 8am...) and if i've followed what's said in other posts correctly there will be differnt queues outside depending on which guests you most want to get the VTs for...? I'm guessing that i should join the queue for John and Karen based on popularity etc...?

Anyways, the main thing that i'm worring about is that does every door have disabled access? Or is there a specific door for disabled/wheelchairs? The pictures on the stadium website make it appear that where all the guests will be is elevated, is that right? If so will i have to get a lift up there? and so is there a lift at/by/near each door?

I'll just be a bit gutted if i get there early, get a reasonable spot in the queue and then totally lose that spot because of having to fiddle about getting to the guests area :S

Phew, alot of questions! Thanks to anyone who can help answer them :D

GGG

It is all on one level for the stadium itself, I can't comment about the parties as I haven't been to the new section yet, but you will be completely fine for access

The only issue you might have is if there are an awful lot of attendees, but having a horn on your scooter might help ;) lol

dont know if you will be able to see this pic, (hope so)

https://www.facebook...&type=3

that pic was when people arrived queuing for alex last year but you can see it is all one level.

Edited by Rhianydd

Thanks Rhianydd :D So no stairs to nogotiate to get into the stadium at all? Fantastic! I'm not going to the parties (or talks) so i don't need to worry about how to get to those.

Lol! My scooter does have a horn, but i'm way to polite to use it :angel::blush: I do have a carer to plough through the crowds ahead of me though ;)

I was wondering how I'm going to cope pushing a manual wheelchair around if its really busy - might have to resort to running a few over (I am joking) - just hope there are plenty of staff around if I need help

I was wondering how I'm going to cope pushing a manual wheelchair around if its really busy - might have to resort to running a few over (I am joking) - just hope there are plenty of staff around if I need help

There are crew around the stadium, yes, but they have all been assigned specific crewing tasks. We like to help where we can though :D but if you think you are going to need someone to push you around the stadium all day, perhaps bring a friend?

Collectormania 18

Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd June 2012

Friday and Saturday: 9am to 6pm

Sunday: 9am to 5pm

Please note: Virtual queueing tickets and talk tickets will NOT be issued until the show opens at 9am however queues will start forming outside before the doors open

All tickets, for both Photo Shoots and Talks at the event, will be available to purchase on the day from the sales desk located at Gate 4.

I'm disabled as well and will be bringing my mobility scooter, my wheelchair and carer (don't know what will suit best lol). I'm worried about how to get autograph tickets as I'm not as fast as walking pace and I'd like 2 autograph tickets for John Barrowman please. ???

I have photo tickets and talk tickets which I am really pleased about but I can't be in two places at once lol HELP

I am really looking forward to a fun weekend :D

I'm disabled as well and will be bringing my mobility scooter, my wheelchair and carer (don't know what will suit best lol). I'm worried about how to get autograph tickets as I'm not as fast as walking pace and I'd like 2 autograph tickets for John Barrowman please. ???

I have photo tickets and talk tickets which I am really pleased about but I can't be in two places at once lol HELP

I am really looking forward to a fun weekend :D

Keep an eye open in the morning when you arrive. John is one of the candidates for a designated door I think. Then the queue will be walked in, so no running.

Bandcat - its a mainly concrete arena so there shouldn't be too many friction issues - there is a carpeted area where the dealers are and that could be a concern to you.

Michelle

• Like 1