Autograph question

Kayla1991

Hi, I am sure I read somewhere that with an autograph a 10x8 is supplied and was wondering if this is true as there is a few quests I want autographs from but haven't actually got anything for them to sign.

Taken from the helpful FAQ section:

How much are the 8x10 pictures that the show provides?

The 8x10 pictures that the show provides for signing are FREE. They are primarily for those people who do not have a personal item of their own to get signed; usually, if there are spare, you can get an 8x10 picture free when you buy an autograph, though Showmasters may decline to do so if giving one to someone who doesn't want it signed might mean they will run out, leaving other fans with nothing to get signed.

What pictures will a guest have?

SM do not post what pictures a guest will have in advance. There are reasons for this that I'm not going to go into. When you get there you can ask to see the pictures and if there are none you like you could go and buy one. There are always lots of stalls with good quality 8x10 photos. Saying that it's always a good idea that if you want a specific image signed, get it in advance and bring it with you.

Hope that helps!

Relevant question for me, are the 8x10's always (or at least 9 times out of 10) in fact 8x10's? Reason I ask is because it has bothered me at some other events (not run by Showmasters) that the sizes in pictures to choose from has often varied in size, often in more than an inch! It's important that the picture I choose will be 8x10 since I custom frame my Star Trek autographs and if it's off by an inch or so, it won't match my other framed Star Trek autographs.

just to check ... can we still buy 'autograph vpuchers' (those tickets worth a set amount attached to them) so that we can hand those over instead of cash when getting an auto?

Yes. They are available at the Organisers Booth.

Thank You ! Makes it a little easier on the day !

I always bring my own photos to prevent something like this happening, but I've looked on and off for almost six months for a good Uhura pic from the original series and have come up with NOTHING. So I have to rely on there being a good amount to choose from at the event. I did get my hands on an 8x10 of her from the TOS movie era, so I can compare the pictures to that one if necessary.

Thank you everyone! I feel much more at ease now.

Do you think there will be a lot of Primeval merch being sold by the vendors there, as it's a show I can never find anything for (for eample a poster)

Thank you everyone! I feel much more at ease now.

Do you think there will be a lot of Primeval merch being sold by the vendors there, as it's a show I can never find anything for (for eample a poster)

you can never be certain on whats going to be sold at the events but i am certain with the guests they have going one or 2 stalls might realise they need some primeval stuff

Yes, you do get a 10x8 included if you don't have anything to sign, but I would recommend if you want a particular guest from a favourite TV or Movie it is worth finding an image you like beforehand from that show. If there are good images there, for obvious reasons they tend to go first and you may find when you reach the table there aren't any particular images there you like. I would imagine there will be some dealers there on the day selling 10x8's as well if you don't get a chance to look beforehand.

Certainly over the last few years I always bring my own 10x8's as I often want a photo signed from a film or show that perhaps the guest isn't as well known for, or played a smaller role in and you can always choose an image that you really like for them to sign as well.

always thought it would be a good idea for someone with a decent printer and a laptop on a stall that way you could find an image online they print it for £5 maybe a idea for showmasters depending on the copyright side of things

depending on the copyright side of things

This is the reason the photos are free in the first place - in some cases there could be hot water if they sold them. Even screen captures are copyright,

But if they are supplied free, and the squiggle being what you pay for, that's a greyer area.

So printing on demand, you'd have to pay your fiver for the photo paper. Then people would bring their own, so it wouldn't work!

Nothing to stop some being printed overnight and supplied free the next day though.

I have a question about the 10x8s related to a specific guest, if anyone in the know can help me.

I understand it isn't possible to post what particular images are going to be available, but is it possible that some general information about the images could be given?

For instance, it would help me very much to know whether the only pics available for David Bradley are going to be related to either Harry Potter or GoT. I'm guessing this is probably the case, but as I'm only interested in non-HP/GoT pics having this info would help me decide what I need to bring or obtain to get signed.

Hope someone can advise?

Hi there, I am really sorry, but that would be an incredible amount of work to put the list up for all the guests, as they have multiple images.

If they have advertised a guest as being from a particular tv series they usually try to have images for that series available.

I wasn't asking for a complete list - but fair enough, I suppose this was a bit of a long shot. Never mind.

oh I see, sorry.

I know what you mean. The only thing is, I don't think it is that possible given that they could be at the venue already, so paperwork for the show will be done now.

Many apologies.

Hope you get the image you want, if not, it is not a bad plan to bring a back up

Edited by Rhianydd

oh I see, sorry.

I know what you mean. The only thing is, I don't think it is that possible given that they could be at the venue already, so paperwork for the show will be done now.

Many apologies.

Hope you get the image you want, if not, it is not a bad plan to bring a back up

Thanks. Yes, I suppose the logistics of finding out just this one little tidbit of info is a bit unreasonable. :-)

My reason for asking is that I'm having some difficulty finding suitable pics/items for David Bradley that aren't related to either 'arry Potter or GoT (neither of which I'm a particular fan of).

Bizarrely I've got a National Trust magazine with his picture in as a back up! Not ideal, but it's about his other acting work, so that will probably have to do! :king:

There's usually dealers selling photos too (various sizes) so always worth a look around the merch area too. They may have something you like if there isn't anything in the free selection.

Yes, good idea. I shall certainly have a look round first. Maybe tricky as David Bradley is more a character actor than a big film or cult TV star. I can't see there being any stills from BBC costume dramas but you never know! ;)