Collectormania Schedule - UPDATE JUNE 1!

showmasters

i have the same 'clash' issue as katnissed. i've got a ticket for the Karen talk - followed by the John B & Doctors talk...but really want to go to the Finn Jones photoshoot. i'd also prefer not to miss the talk and i have quite a good ticket number (16). i imagine this would be near the front so don't really want to come and go during it for the shoot. as suggested above, is going to the shoot first the best option & explain the situation. then hope that maybe the talk is running a bit behind schedule as i appreciate that may happen. i expect it will be very busy like the one karen did at LFCC so could take a while for everyone to be seated. plus karen goes from her photoshoot to the talk which i expect will also be popular.

therefore i hope that i haven't missed much - if any of the talk. sorry if this repeats earlier points - just wanted to be sure. will also get a desk photo with Finn as a back up. thanks for any advice.

If you want to have everything what 1of2 suggested is the best way in my opinion too.. But I personally doubt you'll be there in time for the start of the Karen talk.

Hi all,

My train is due in at MK station at 9.15. I notice Callum Blue photoshoot is at 10AM and I do not have a ticket for the shoot currently. Do you think I have any hope of making it? I have never been to MK before but I am guessing within 45 minutes I will have to get to the stadium, queue to get in then queue to get a photo ticket? I am thinking I have no chance? If anyone could confirm pretty much that for me I would be most grateful.

Cheers!

Andy

Hi all,

My train is due in at MK station at 9.15. I notice Callum Blue photoshoot is at 10AM and I do not have a ticket for the shoot currently. Do you think I have any hope of making it? I have never been to MK before but I am guessing within 45 minutes I will have to get to the stadium, queue to get in then queue to get a photo ticket? I am thinking I have no chance? If anyone could confirm pretty much that for me I would be most grateful.

Cheers!

Andy

You won't have to queue to get in at that point. The stadium has more than one door, it's not like at LFACC. ;)

It is tight seeing you still need to buy the ticket, but if you are lucky with the bus schedule or get one of the cabs you should make it.

Peter Davison's shoot is now 9.35am sat yet tickets have not been for sale for it yet ??? will there be time between 9am opening to get tickets and get to shoot, as im sure c-services/sales will be rammed with queries 9am kick-off.

its very strange to have the one guest who wasnt pre-sold first shoot ?

Edited by TheShamelessOne

Peter Davison's shoot is now 9.35am sat yet tickets have not been for sale for it yet ??? will there be time between 9am opening to get tickets and get to shoot, as im sure c-services/sales will be rammed with queries 9am kick-off.

That was the same problem with Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa at last year's LFCC. His photoshoot was the 1st one in the morning on Saturday, around that time, and tickets were not pre-sold.

For that reason i didn't make it, i gave up on trying to get a ticket for his shoot. Maybe it would have been possible, but i didn't feel like starting the weekend rushing and running.

I think it's a very bad idea to run a photoshoot session so earlie if people didn't get a chance to buy a ticket before hand. I'm the living proof it DOES affect ticket sales (in a bad way).

I don't understand why that fact is not taken into consideration when planning the schedule.

Edited by God L'Eponge

Everything is taken into consideration when writing the schedule, I wouldn't even want to begin to have to write it. The photoshoots can't all be at the same time, that is why some guests have to be earlier in the day.

Many apologies, but it is going to be a very busy weekend, and everything has to be spaced out accordingly

I can assure you, that it is all considered very carefully before a schedule is written.

Everything is taken into consideration when writing the schedule, I wouldn't even want to begin to have to write it. The photoshoots can't all be at the same time, that is why some guests have to be earlier in the day.

Many apologies, but it is going to be a very busy weekend, and everything has to be spaced out accordingly

I can assure you, that it is all considered very carefully before a schedule is written.

Of course i know that photoshoots can't all be at the same time, but is it really THAT impossible to make sure the very first photosession in the day is one for a guest whose tickets were pre-sold, and to put a guest whose ticket are not being pre-sold at some point later on? That would definitely ease some people's mind making things more relaxed for them as they would have more time to buy a ticket and that would also give a chance to SM to increase ticket sales as the longer tickets can be bought the more you can sell.

Not a complain or a moan, just out of curiosity as i really don't see the logic behind it ;)

Edited by God L'Eponge

Peter Davison's photo shoot was on sale for a few days before the 18th cut off point. I have mine already.

• Like 1

Me too. Mine's is number 1. Will certainly make it quicker for me to get my Paul McGann shoot at 9.50

Me three (sorry lol). My Peter shoot is number 13...hope that doesn't make me unlucky and I miss Paul McGann's lol. Nah, I find the number 13 more lucky than unlucky lol

Edited by starjadzia

I've never been to Collectormania before - I'm travelling from Blackpool on Friday after work and imposing on friends for the weekend. They're even driving me on Saturday morning. I've got the Paul McGann shoot at 9.50 and am number 7, so what time would I need to arrive at the stadium? Is there usually a queue to get in at that point or could I turn up just before and be in in time?

there is always an early queue at the show, but they get in pretty quickly :D

If you are there on Saturday morning already then get there for show opening time or before.

But there is always a queue because people want to get in early to get early virtual queue tickets for the popular guests

have fun at your first show :D

• Showmasters Admin

Of course i know that photoshoots can't all be at the same time, but is it really THAT impossible to make sure the very first photosession in the day is one for a guest whose tickets were pre-sold, and to put a guest whose ticket are not being pre-sold at some point later on? That would definitely ease some people's mind making things more relaxed for them as they would have more time to buy a ticket and that would also give a chance to SM to increase ticket sales as the longer tickets can be bought the more you can sell.

Not a complain or a moan, just out of curiosity as i really don't see the logic behind it ;)

We had a lot of changes to make at the last minute. We're only human, it got missed!

I'll look to see if there's something we can do to help this on the day.

We had a lot of changes to make at the last minute. We're only human, it got missed!

No problem, thanks for the answer Too Tall! Of course we're all human and i understand some things may be missed, but i just found it strange as it was already the case at LFCC last year with Cary. Because of that i thought it was somehow intentional and couldn't see the logic behind it.

Anyway, only one day to go!!! :dance:

Could always sell photoshoot tickets to people as they queue outside - might make it a little easier once the gates open?

• Showmasters Admin

Could always sell photoshoot tickets to people as they queue outside - might make it a little easier once the gates open?

It's one idea. As I say I'll be looking into it.

also im guessing this is all imposable

John Barrowman - 10.30am

5 Doctors - 11.35am

Karen Gillan - 12.20pm

Sylvester Mccoy - 10.50am

will i not be able to do them all

That should be fine. Depending on your John Barrowman ticket number you may have to speak to the crew about having a clash with Sylvester, and they will do their best to get you through as quickly as possible. It may be a case of going to Sylvester first and then coming back to John as his lasts longer. The other two won't be an issue at all, as they take place after each other. Edited by 1of2

also im guessing this is all imposable

John Barrowman - 10.30am

5 Doctors - 11.35am

Karen Gillan - 12.20pm

Sylvester Mccoy - 10.50am

will i not be able to do them all

That's doable. If you are running tight at the John Barrowman photoshoot tell crew you have a ticket for Sylvester's, they will help you. That's the only possible problem I see. The other gaps are large enough. Still, if you are running tight on time please do the same, grab a crew member and let them know of your next shoot.

EDIT: Or what 1of2 already typed.:P SHould have hit refresh. :lol:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

If you can't get on the shuttle bus or (if you like me impatient!) you want to get a taxi is there a taxi rank outside MK Central station? looking forward to tomorrow but I'm still a bit aprehensive about it!

Yes, there's normally some taxis around.

you could also try calling

01908 222111 (Skyline)

01908 222222 (blanking on the name right now)

if you need transportation.