Guest Cancellation - Leven Rambin

showmasters

Im too a bit frustrated tbh - If they truly have other work commitments, then surely they would know about them more than a week in advance surely? I think personally if its because they changed their minds then they need to inform CM beforehand not a week before the show. Its like Madonna doing a concert at the O2 and saying she cant do that night. I hope CM dont think im being pertinent about this but it does come across in a slightly different light. I have no doubt that it will be an awesome event and I am looking forward to it. Surely these guests have to fill some sort of contract?

Im not having a moan and im sorry if you think I am but I am a huge supporter of CM and the quality guests that you supply, but feel for those who only were coming for Leven, THomas etc.

Guests do have a contract for these types of events. A standard part of that contract will include a clause that allows the guest to cancel due to work. No actively working film/tv guest would be able to attend these events if that clause was not present.

I recall a guest (Torri Higginson) mentioning that they were at the departure lounge in the airport on Friday night for an appearance at an event on the Saturday when they received a call to return to set for more filming, and had to cancel the event as a result. It does happen and is a source of frustration for all involved. It's the nature of the business unfortunately.