Parking at Olympia

Is anyone parking at the event and if so, pre booked the car park?

Reason for me asking is that I tried to book a parking ticket for the Olympia, but the cost was over £26!

When I used the olympia last year, it was only £18, and when making the booking, I had to select the event I was attending. Now it seems there is no link / connection to any event, it's just a flat rate. Surely it's not increased by 30% in a year?

It's cheaper to park at Wembley Stadium (and I thought that was expensive)

Sort of. Denis appeared at EMS which was held at Olympia. LFCC will be at Olympia instead of Earls Court this time. The venue does have a mutl-storey car park.

Edit: I have just checked and was charged £25 for all day in October while attending EMS last year

Edited by 1of2

• 1 month later...

There is a site for parking in London where you can park in someones home drive during the day and then get a Tube in from where you are. Might take slightly longer to travel in with car then Tube but it may be cheaper and leave more money for the guests :clap: I am sure a helpful person with Google could find the name of one of these sites.

I paid today for the Saturday only parking. Cost £26.50, which is a complete rip off, especially as I am attending an event at Olympia. Shame that there is no discount for show attendee's, but seeing as this is rip off Britain, I should not expect such things :thumbdown:

There is an open air car park just down from Earls Court, but I don't think that is much cheaper to be honest ( easy to find though ); I don't think you will get much cheap locally. I know it can be expensive but at least you can enjoy the day knowing A) you wont run out of parking and get clamped / towed away or B) arrive and have to faff about trying to find a space.

Train then Tube all the way for me. No way would I drive in London, let alone pay the parking fees! Even if it does mean lugging a heavy suitcase packed with Cosplay around with me at least I'm saving about £30! :thumbup:

I'm paying the £26 to park next to the venue. I'm on quite a tight schedule for the day and by parking next to the venue will save me an hour each way on the tube

Same for us, with the British Grand Prix taking place we've got to leave LFCC by 2.00 at the latest otherwise we'll get caught up in the traffic leaving Silverstone.

Just changed my hotel reservations to the Hilton cos i can park there and get a cab/tube whatever and walk the rest, I would do the drive parking as suggested expect it looks all booked up! thanks for all your suggestions, I like to drive because i pack alot of sh*t! lol

On a related note, how busy is it likely to be around that area of London on a weekend? Obviously weekdays would be crazy but never driven into London on a weekend. I wanna drive down but dont wanna be stuck in queues . From past experience attending these things whats the traffic usually like?