Latest guest announcement - VIC ARMSTRONG

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce our next guest for CMK, joining us on Saturday:

VIC ARMSTRONG

Harrison Ford's stunt double - Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom/Last Crusade, Blade Runner

Christopher Reeve's stunt double and stunt co-ordinator - Superman 1-3

Stunts/stunt co-ordinator/second unit director - James Bond: You Only Live Twice to Die Another Day

2nd Unit Director - Thor, The Amazing Spiderman, Green Hornet, I am Legend, Charlie's Angels

Director (opening sequence) - Terminator 2

And much more!

CLICK HERE for his filmography

VicIndianaJones.jpgvic-armstrong-06.jpg3618612082_7697d3e4c8_z.jpg?zz=1

• Like 1

OH BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPP YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vic is a TRUE LEGEND!!!!!

Lovely Guy I know he's going to be one hell of a very popular Guest.

Can't even begin to say how FAB this announcement is - I acutally swore out loud when I first saw this!!!!!

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by showmasters

You know as soon as I saw this announcement I was thinking of how happy kingrichard76 would be (i think you were talking about him in another topic)- guess i was right lol :smile:

You were right :)

lol I cant say how over the flipping moon I am over this announcement, I travelled all the way from Southend to Birmingham (and thats how much I wanted to meet him) just to get him to Sign my Indiana Jones Fedora (and for him to wear it so I can now say without a doubt that "Indiana Jones has actually worn my Fedora. :) " and DVD Boxset - he and his wife (Wendy) were lovely enough to pose for pics at the table:

VicWearingmyIndianaJonesFedorasonowitsactuallybeenwornmyIndianaJonesArmstrongWendyLeachandIIMG_6662.png

-, I asked him what it was like working with Mr. Spielberg and he said how it was - yes, Mr. Spielberg may be (to many) the Worlds Greatest Filmmaker but actually some of the biggest action sequences in Raiders, Temple of Doom were down to Vic actually saying "NO!" to Spielberg when the latter thought the take was perfect.

In his book - which I am sure he will have with him and which I recommend everyone who goes to see him to buy, he speaks of working with Spielberg, putting Harrison Ford off doing his own stunts, and gives a real cool look as to just how down to Earth Harrison was when they were shooting over here.

We had a chat about Harrison as well, and I can't stress this enough but if you want to know stuff about Harrison and how Harrison is a private person (hence like I've said before on this forum) then just talk to Vic.

Am so glad he's doing a Showmasters convention and I strongly predict that this thread will be getting a lot of attention before and after Collector with people saying how nice a time they had with him.

*N.B. I'm not on commission here ;)

Edited by KingRichard76

thanks, will be cool to meet him and his wife

They are lovely people :)

GET IN THERE!!!

In that other thread I talked about having a bit of a e-mail conversation with Vic about LFACC - CM is just as good. Thanks for listening Jason - I will be bringing many items.

I totally loved your other thread and I'm glad that that has now lead to this :) He's gonna be so awesome and this is such a fab Guest to have. And is one of those rarities where his career spans so many different fandoms :)

Gah my budget is stretched so thin already but I really need to meet Vic!

Likewise, I've had to recalculate and rebudget and allocate and prioritise but this is a good opportunity and I would seriously recommend you going for it. :)

A talk by Vic would be cool. I will suggest this, most likely he will have his Autobiography with him and (before you bought the book and both him and Wendy signed it - not sure if or how different it will be at this event) but with someone like Vic a talk would be utterly phenomenal all the stories he could tell.

I'd be up for that :)

now i'm really gutted I can only attend the Sunday. Hopefully it will go well and Vic and Wendy will be up for returning to another show

Yeah, I hope Showmasters can get him again for LFCC. He is a great guest, just to bad I won't be able to see him.

Think its a bit misleading showing the skiff scene from Return of the Jedi as, even though Vic has signed this pic he didn't actually work on this part of the movie - the only scene he worked on in jedi was doubling for Ford when he was tied to the log and being carried by the ewoks as Ford had hurt his back that day.

I hope sm either have the correct scene available or dont have an image for jedi available on Vics table!!

• Like 1

I'm very surprised that his Autograph is going to be £10 - but hey, I'm not going to question it, thought it would have been around the £15 - £20 mark especially considering just how high profile he is.

lol, I wont. In fact nice to see you on here, I've been thinking, as I already have Vic on all my Indy stuff am considering getting him to Sign American Werewolf

Quite possibly this:

BondIndiana.jpg

But it would be the only Autograph I'd get on it - as even though I'm not a big Bond Fan you've just gotta Love what Vic has brought to it, the other night on Twitter I was geeking out watching Die Another Day.

And also considering getting Vic to sign the Superman box set (again he and Wendy were both in it) and would be on it.

At £30 for all three I reckon it'd be cool. Your opinion? Bond or Superman?

• Like 1

I'd go £30 for all three!!

I'll be bringing my Raiders / Temple / Crusade one sheets for Vic and Wendy, already pre-signed by a lot of guests courtesy of Jason & co - and will deffo pick up an autobiography. Vic was one of the last realistic guests I thought I'd see from the original trilogy, so I'm tempted to frame them after this. I guess it's possible we'll see Alfred Molina at some point, and maybe Alison Doody and Michael Byrne? Am also thinking about what else I can bring. Hopefully I'll see you there!

Sounds damn good to me - I was going to be spending £30 on Zach Galligan anyways.

The Raiders/Temple/Crusade one sheet sounds really cool - and I cannot stress this enough both Vic and Wendy are more than happy to chat and ask him about one of the people he's worked with/for and he'll be frank and honest with you (I asked him what it was like working for Mr. Spielberg and his response wasnt the typical Hollywood - and please do not think I'm knocking Mr. Spielberg :) - schmooze you see on DVD extras he said that he found it difficult working for him but so much of this is explained in the Autobiography and just goes to show how ignorant some people in the business were when it came to stunts and wanting them to look as glamorous as possible and how the demands placed on him saw him kick ass and him telling those who had no idea just what was possible and safe.

Also, as him and Wendy will be together I very much bet that you'll get a table shot with both of them - Wendy is very lovely as well. :)

To meet Alfred would be cool I really want to get him on Raiders, a few weeks back there was a film gala here in Southend where one of the stars from the Film "Hard Boiled Sweets" was supposed to attend, no other than Belloq himself, and I was gutted when Paul Freeman didnt show up, in the film they actually had a scene that was literally shot down the road from me which saw him on a mini golf course, to think that two years ago he was practically on my doorstep eeeeeeek.

If Alfred, Alison or Michael get announced expect a major freakout from this corner of the World lol.

To be honest it would be difficult to narrow down what else to take, Blade Runner? Patriot Games the list is endless.

Yep, if you see me I'll be wearing my black leather jacket feel free to come and say "Hi." us Indy Fans need to stick together.