National Express from Stansted to Milton Keynes

AutoBot

Me and my friend will be taking the National Express route from Stansted Airport to Milton Keynes, but we've forgotten where we got off the last time we were there (2009.) On the National Express website there are three different alternatives for Milton Keynes to choose from: Coachway, National Bowl and Town Center. Which one best for us who are staying at Travelodge Milton Keynes Central Hotel?

Thanks

Thanks to the both of you. A bit surprised at how long it takes to get to Milton Keynes though, over 3 hours! Totally forgot the long trip.

That's the motorway "ring" around London that costs you so much time. Heathrow is a little easier. The closer you get to the city the worse traffic gets.

Do any of you know if you can buy a ticket on the actual bus, or do the tickets have to be purchased beforehand, online or somewhere else?

You can't buy on the bus. You can buy online and there's ticket machines in the bus station. Not sure about Stanstead, but Heathrow also has some tellers selling tickets. But the machines are very easy to handle.

I don't remember having to choose exactly which bus to take from the airport, I thought you could choose "open" tickets but it only gives you the option to have an open return. Problem is, there's a bus leaving 20 minutes after we arrive at the airport but I'm not sure we'll make it, so we'd have to wait another two hours. But, if we DO make it within 20 minutes after arriving, will we be allowed to get on that bus if we've booked for the one leaving two hours later?

Just noticed we have to change buses once in Milton Keynes, from COACHWAY to the town centre. The wait is 45 minutes and the rest of the fair is only 12 minutes, sounds better to just call a cab after that, doesn't it?

Problem is, there's a bus leaving 20 minutes after we arrive at the airport but I'm not sure we'll make it, so we'd have to wait another two hours. But, if we DO make it within 20 minutes after arriving, will we be allowed to get on that bus if we've booked for the one leaving two hours later?

Anyone who could clarify this?

Thanks for all the help. We've bought tickets to Milton Keynes Coachway. Are there usually taxi's at the bus stop, or do we have to call one ourselves? Will there be a number accessible at the place if we need to call one?