Ian Mcdiarmid

Adam

Would be great if SM managed to get Ian to sign for them, but do SM have the funds that Lucasfilm & Official Pix have to get him to sign?

SM managed to get Lawson to sign, fingers crossed they can get Ian McD.

This is exactly my same argument when people expect Harrison Ford to attend. It would be fabulous if Harrison did Collector/LFCC but the cost of a Harrison Ford signing would be double many peoples budgets.

It would be nice to have Ian McDiarmid here :)

I think the serious serious autograph collectors would pay the money what ever the cost of an autograph for Ian McDiarmid or Harrison Ford and SM would more than get there moneys worth. It would be amazing for SM to pull Ian McDiarmid out the bag and i for one would pay what ever to meet him.

Both of you two are shining examples and highlights the fact that there are those on this board who have high and realistic expectations when it comes to someone as big as Harrison Ford is.

For a private signing I've heard he charges around £400 and to meet Harrison Ford and get him to Sign right in front of you? You'd be a fool to miss out on that - and from what I've heard people arent exactly like "Ohhh, I have to think about it." those who Love their stuff would be without a doubt happy to pay that price.

Before now, I've felt aggrevated when I've seen people suggest Harrison because more often than not they're the same kind of people who think that - lets use GIllian Anderson as an example - £45 is too much for a Guest and are just not going to pay it. But its these same people who'd expect Harrison to attend and be less than £100 and if it was more they'd probably be "Hmmm that price? For an A-Lister Hollywood Actor Internationally well known?"

Dont get me wrong, if Harrison Ford did come to an event and be around the £75 mark I'd actually eat my Indiana Jones Fedora - but it aint happening.

Glad to see that many of us are of the same way of thinking :)

On the one hand, I'd love to meet Harrison Ford, he's my most wanted guest. On the other, I would like to get photos from Bladerunner, Indiana Jones and Star Wars signed. At £400 a time I'd struggle to afford one, let alone all of those.

£400 I'd buy one,

Funny enough I did flirt with the idea of going to the McDiarmid event yesterday - that would set me back 1K, but a.) already had one trip to that country this year, and whilst that is addictive b.) having a week there in the middle of the holiday season, then spending 4 days inside, just seems a little silly!

Edited by TerraHawk