How early to que?

tenshidarkangel

Ok Ive done about 8 cons with showmasters before and knw the drill pretty well. However with the free entery its kinda thrown me. How early should I get there to start queing. Usually I am for and hour - hour and a half before hand so what the plan and how will it work? And how early is every one getting there?

Thank you!

This is the first time I won't be queueing very early. First of all, I can't, since I don't arrive in England until around 11. But even if I did, this time I don't feel the need to as I don't expect Nichelle Nichols to be that busy that I may not be able to get her autograph unless I start queueing before it opens.

This is the first time I won't be queueing very early. First of all, I can't, since I don't arrive in England until around 11. But even if I did, this time I don't feel the need to as I don't expect Nichelle Nichols to be that busy that I may not be able to get her autograph unless I start queueing before it opens.

We are talking about the Nichelle Nichols from classic TREK here, I think that she is going to be mega busy.

Also, as a general rule, the earlier the better.

We are talking about the Nichelle Nichols from classic TREK here, I think that she is going to be mega busy.

Also, as a general rule, the earlier the better.

Yes, we are. Walter Koenig was fairly easy to get an autograph from at LFCC last year.

Anyway, if she's chatty, I'm sure there'll be pretty much a constant line for her, but I doubt I'll miss out unless I queue hours before it opens.

Just found out I probably won't reach the event until around 5 due to the times the National Express gets us from the airport to Milton Keynes. Not sure that's good or not, I doubt she'll be very chatty after having signed for so many hours. May get her on Saturday morning instead.

No need to panic really. It's just that busier guests may require arriving earlier for than less busy guests. It depends on who you want to meet, and how busy they will be (an unknown to be honest but most guesses from regular attendees will be fairly accurate).

Edited by 1of2

Panicking now what time to leave :grump::crying::no: my fear I'm gonna get there and get turned away!

I see from your other post that you only intend to meet John Barrowman. Given you have bought a photo shoot ticket as long as you are there in time for that you are guaranteed to meet him. We will shortly be finding out the photo shoot times but usually the bigger guests tend to be around the middle of the day. Assuming you also want to get an autograph from him then I would guess you would need to get there fairly early to get a good VQ ticket, John's always very popular even though he's done a lot of events. If you get there before opening you should be fine. Any time after that you'd probably get a high ticket number but there's still a strong chance you'll get to see him and even the busiest guests often get to open queue for a short while at the end of the day, so if you can stay all day you should be OK.