things we are looking at for the future

showmasters

• Moderators

One thing you should do is what other events are doing after you buy 3 autographs for any guest or multiple guests you get a fourth free and there prices for the autographs were cheaper.

This was covered here:

This year we have also see other events charging more and more for guests autographs , we feel that this is something thats very important to try to control and keep down, we feel very strongly about value for money and at every point we can we try very hard to give great value , this year we once again have many guests autographs at the £10 price tag and a lot of the other guests are also very competitively priced compared to other events that take place around Europe and the US , we do not do gimmicks like 3 to the price of 2 etc as we feel you will buy what you want and the price of each autograph should not be put up to cover the price of the free autograph, in the end we all know everything has to be paid for and nothing in life is free , so the price we charge is the lowest we can charge for each autograph and you get that if you buy one item or ten items its the same fair price across the board no tricks not games just a fair price for this amount of autographs you want to buy.

• Showmasters Admin

Well I'm glad that that other show has brought about this debate and an updating in things some of us have long asked for like jpegs etc. I would of course hope that a way could be found for previous photoshoot jpegs to become available. As I'm sure the cash that could be generated from that would be preferable to them just sitting there on their memory cards? Paying for them of course is a given.

well i have to say we have not been driving to this by any other show as we have used process at an event twice and with Jpegs its been something we have planed to do when we overhauled the photo ops later on this year , we have things we are looking into and contracts in place till july so nothing much can be done by then but after July i think there will be a lot of new things coming on line but we will only take them up if its something that improves the product we offer so it may take time but thats just because we do not want to rush into it and get it wrong .

as to jpeg back catalog that is interesting but it could be hard to go through all the 10,s of 1000s of old images for the odd one people may way and that would take a lot of time but we will look into it .

jason

• Showmasters Admin

One thing you should do is what other events are doing after you buy 3 autographs for any guest or multiple guests you get a fourth free and there prices for the autographs were cheaper.

i am sorry from what i have herd that did not driver this deal in the end on both days ? and its a bit of a con really as you are paying for what you get , we charge a flat price so if you by one autograph then its the lowest price we can offer it to you for , if you buy 10 its the same price , why should the people that can afford more autograph pay less that the fan that can only afford 1 , this is fare , it not that you are getting one free if you buy 3 its the price that you have paid for the 3 are all just a little bit more to cover the 4th one you are getting in the deal , in life nothing is free and we feel that the fans should get the same deal if they have plenty of money or not if you buy 1 auto or 10 autos and it stops dealers cashing in on it and creating large lines , we are here to provide autographs for the fans at the best price we can .

i hope you can see my point

jason :-)

as to jpeg back catalog that is interesting but it could be hard to go through all the 10,s of 1000s of old images for the odd one people may way and that would take a lot of time but we will look into it .

jason

A couple of hundred in my case :clap::lol:

well i have to say we have not been driving to this by any other show as we have used process at an event twice

Any chance of knowing when it's been used to see if I have any of the photos that have been produced this new way to compare more closely with others?

and with Jpegs its been something we have planed to do when we overhauled the photo ops later on this year , we have things we are looking into and contracts in place till july so nothing much can be done by then but after July i think there will be a lot of new things coming on line but we will only take them up if its something that improves the product we offer so it may take time but thats just because we do not want to rush into it and get it wrong .

Whatever you're planning on changing I hope it won't involve losing your current photographers - Malcolm in particular. I personally think they do a fabulous job, make both the guests and attendees feel at ease and I've been incredibly happy with the results at all the shows I've been to.

Whatever you're planning on changing I hope it won't involve losing your current photographers - Malcolm in particular. I personally think they do a fabulous job, make both the guests and attendees feel at ease and I've been incredibly happy with the results at all the shows I've been to.

I hope so too - Malcolm is the best con photographer in the UK, imho

I would like JPEG of the photos maybe on the website where we have to put a code in to get it. I don't personally mind paying £5 for the original jpeg as i don't get that many anyway it doesn't really bother me. but i could see how it would for other people.

I know quality would not go down as that's if it does people wouldn't buy it anymore. So i trust that they have the quality in hand,

• Showmasters Admin

Any chance of knowing when it's been used to see if I have any of the photos that have been produced this new way to compare more closely with others?

1 we did not tell anyone we were using the printers and new thing frighten people some times when there is no need and so we just did it , not one person has noticed any difference , we plan to phase in the printers workload over the next 12 months going up to 100% on printers but we will not be trying to remember what comes from out side labs or what's coming from on site printing .

can i say when i use the word printing , its not a printer you get in your home its a state of the art high end photo development system these things will cost us 10s of 1000s to cover what we need to run the shows off them , its not something we are doing to save money it's something we are doing to improve our product for you and make the task more streamline and reliable for eveyone , so its talking the product up a stem not down one .

as to our crew we are a family as some of you know , we all work as a team and as we grow we bring in more and more talented and good people that make the shows work better each event , we never look to replace any members of our team but we are looking for more good people to join us in putting on these events , so we plan to keep on working with all our amazing crew and keep on adding to improve the events we run .

one thing that makes us run some of the best events in the world is our crew they are the best we have seen from our travels and are the biggest asset any event can have and each year we see more and more why they are so important to us , we are family and you do anything for family and they do anything we ask of them they are just an amazing group of people and we could not run the events with out them all .

jason

Edited by Rhianydd
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

So, I take it that the purchase of JPEGs hasn't been implemented yet? We can't get our photos from the last Collectormania then? That's a shame as reading the first post I hoped I would be able to get the epic five Doctors photo in digital form. Maybe when It is implemented, backdating it to this point might be an idea, then (if there is enough interest) going further back.

• 2 weeks later...
Just out of curiosity could you not push the prices of photographs up by a couple of pounds then send the JPEG for free?
That's not really fair on the people who do not want JPEG's. They would be paying for something that they don't want while subisiding those that do.

Just out of curiosity could you not push the prices of photographs up by a couple of pounds then send the JPEG for free?
That's not really fair on the people who do not want JPEG's. They would be paying for something that they don't want while subisiding those that do.

Very true, but if they made an increase across the board then it would pay for it all....JPEG's would then be what you get....Just because someone doesnt want it doesnt mean that it couldnt be an inclusion - like the package tickets etc...take DSTL for example, the 3 day standard ticket includes FREE gift pack and other bits etc....what if someone wanted to attend the 3 days but not want the free stuff, they dont get a choice....its just a thought xx