Travelling from Glasgow?

Kayla1991

Hi, I live in Glasgow and will be travelling down to CM this year and I was just wondering if any other Glaswegians (or any Scottish folk) are doing the same and if so, what method of travel are you using?

I'm trying to do it as cheaply as possible. I tried Megabus but once I'd chosen travelling from Glasgow it doesn't have Milton Keynes as an option to travel to. I've looked at trains and that would be £200+ (There is two of us coming)

I've also looked into maybe just driving down but it'd be about £70 each way for petrol (why do we have such a big car?) so is there anyone who maybe would consider car sharing?

We will be doing the Saturday and Sunday...looking to leave late Friday night or early hours Saturday morning as to arrive on time and leave Sunday afternoon/evening once it's finished.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi, I live in Glasgow and will be travelling down to CM this year and I was just wondering if any other Glaswegians (or any Scottish folk) are doing the same and if so, what method of travel are you using?

I'm trying to do it as cheaply as possible. I tried Megabus but once I'd chosen travelling from Glasgow it doesn't have Milton Keynes as an option to travel to. I've looked at trains and that would be £200+ (There is two of us coming)

I've also looked into maybe just driving down but it'd be about £70 each way for petrol (why do we have such a big car?) so is there anyone who maybe would consider car sharing?

We will be doing the Saturday and Sunday...looking to leave late Friday night or early hours Saturday morning as to arrive on time and leave Sunday afternoon/evening once it's finished.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi Kayla,

I am a fellow Glasweigian and along with four others we will be attending Collectormania in Milton Keynes this year. Our intention is to leave Glasgow late Friday evening and leaving Sunday evening with an overnight stay in a local hotel booked months ago. We will be travelling down by private cars and unfortunately, as I do not drive myself I cannot offer to car share with you. :(

The last couple of years I've went down to MK on my own travelling by National Express Coach from Buchanan Bus Station leaving at 11:00am arriving around 7:30pm (to give you an idea about travel times). The coach goes direct to MK Coach Station with a few rest breaks and stops to pick up passengers along the way. I usually travelled down the day before the event returning the day after to ensure that I made my coach and meet the guests that I wanted to meet.

The people that I will be travelling with are part of a Sci-Fi club known as the USS Valiant and we meet regularly in the Iron Horse Bar every Tuesday.

If you'd like to meet us before going down to MK, we'd be delighted to meet you.

The Iron Horse Bar is on West Nile Street between Bath Street and Sauchihall Street and we meet between 7:15pm and 10:30pm every Tuesday. To find us just ask the bar staff who will direct you to the group, usually downstairs access from within the bar.

We discuss many Sci-fi/Fantasy shows, not just Trek.

Also we could arrange to meet up at MK if you'd like.

Edited by ozycomms

maybe you could look into flying down - i think there is an airport in milton keynes or you could fly to gatwick probably quite cheaply, and then its only about £30 for a return train ticket from gatwick to milton keynes. hope this helps! :yoda::D

Thanks for all the responses guys! :no:

We've decided just to drive down and we're gonna leave on Friday during the day and just take our time travelling.

We've booked a nearby hotel (5 mins drive from the Stadium) and will be staying Friday and Saturday night.

We will drive back up home on Sunday afternoon/evening.