Collectormania 18 Milton Keynes Help please! :D

TheDarkKnight

So I am planning to go to my first Collectormania 18 in Milton Keynes in June. I'm going alone at the moment, I might ask someone to come with me, but I don't know how bust it is going to be.

I have chosen Sunday the 3rd to go, as I think it will be quieter than the previous days? Am I right? I mean it's the jubilee thing that day too, so I don't know if it will be quieter because of that? I don't like queuing :S haha but I suppose that can't really be avoided!

What time should I get there? Take into consideration that I am having to rely on public buses and their buses provided, and trains to get me to MK.

What are these virtual ticket things? Do they only apply to autographs? When do I get them? I'm meeting Thomas Dekker by the way :whistling:

Usually, when do the photo shoots and autographs happen and how long do they take?

On peoples previous experiences how busy is it on Sundays, Saturdays...etc? I'm asking that question because I have slight anxiety issues and big crowds make me nervous :S

Has anyone ever gone alone? How was it?

I can't think of any other questions at the minute but as much information as possible would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the forum. :blink:

Have a look at this topic please, it should answer most of your questions: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=74406

You are only meeting Thomas Dekker? If it's only him as long as you are there for opening and can hang around some hours I think you'll be fine.

The signings are going on all day, unless the guest in question does photoshoots or is on a break.

The Virtual Queue tickets are only for autographs, and you get them near or at the signing table of the guest.

It's quite busy, but the stadium is large, so the crowd normally disperses a lot.

I sometimes go alone when most of my friends crew. You really won't feel lonely, there's always someone to chat.

I would advice to be there as early as you (to the opening time) so it will be safer for you to do everything you have planned.

I've never been there on a Sunday so can't tell.

You will need VT for busy guests and you will be able tp get a ticket at the queue for the guest and then will need to check the numbers on a small whiteboar.

Photoashoots are very quick but then be patient to get your photo later.

Autos: it depends on the guest, if there are busy, chatty etc

I've been on my own before, people are friendly (we are there for same reasons) and crew helpful.

Hope my message is helpful :blink:

Hello and welcome to the forum. :blink:

Have a look at this topic please, it should answer most of your questions: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=74406

You are only meeting Thomas Dekker? If it's only him as long as you are there for opening and can hang around some hours I think you'll be fine.

The signings are going on all day, unless the guest in question does photoshoots or is on a break.

The Virtual Queue tickets are only for autographs, and you get them near or at the signing table of the guest.

It's quite busy, but the stadium is large, so the crowd normally disperses a lot.

I sometimes go alone when most of my friends crew. You really won't feel lonely, there's always someone to chat.

At the moment yes, I debating whether to see Chris Zylka and/or Lena Headey. :S And thanks, that was very informative! :angry:

Do you think Thomas will be busy? How do you know when you have to go and have the photoshoot done?

Do you know anything about the free buses on Sundays that are provided?

What do you mean by hanging around for a some hours? To wait for photo's to be developed or waiting for the number to be called for an autograph?

Thanks

At the moment yes, I debating whether to see Chris Zylka and/or Lena Headey. :S And thanks, that was very informative! :blink:

Do you think Thomas will be busy? How do you know when you have to go and have the photoshoot done?

What do you mean by hanging around for a some hours? To wait for photo's to be developed or waiting for the number to be called for an autograph?

Thanks

Difficult to predict but I suspect that Thomas would be one of the busier guests.

Normally the schedule of the photo shotos is released during the week leading up to the event. Sometimes earlier.

For the bus info, the best place to keep an eye on is here http://www.collectormania.com/miltonkeynes...=2&Itemid=7

The photos take 2-3 three hours to come back from the printers after the photo session has ended. I believe that Queen_Sindel is referring to waiting for the autograph though. Although that is dependant on how busy the guest is.

Edited by 1of2

At the moment yes, I debating whether to see Chris Zylka and/or Lena Headey. :S And thanks, that was very informative! :blink:

Thanks

Difficult to predict but I suspect that Thomas would be one of the busier guests.

Normally the schedule of the photo shotos is released during the week leading up to the event. Sometimes earlier.

For the bus info, the best place to keep an eye on is here http://www.collectormania.com/miltonkeynes...=2&Itemid=7

The photos take 2-3 three hours to come back from the printers after the photo session has ended. I believe that Queen_Sindel is referring to waiting for the autograph though. Although that is dependant on how busy the guest is.

Will he still be as busy on the Sunday?

What else is at the event, other than the guests? :angry:

Will he still be as busy on the Sunday?

What else is at the event, other than the guests? :blink:

It's almost impossible to say. There's quite a number of guests that are there one day only. The attendees that want to see them only come in that day sometimes. So a guest that's there the whole weekend may actually be busier on Sunday than Saturday.

There's a dealers area you can have a look at and the photo sessions. ANd of course the other attendees. Some people attend in absolutely awesome costumes.