Latest Guest Announcement - JOHN BARROWMAN

showmasters

I very much doubt that he is the 'big guest' as he does these events regularly.

well he is and many people do want to meet him again at MK and he is a big guest

jason

Here endeth the lesson.

I feel that this is how it was last year when Karen Gillan was first announced and there were people happy/indifferent towards such a big coup.

Then in February this Forum blew up as did Twitter when Gillian Anderson was first announced - there were loads of X-Files Fans who were extremely over the Forest Moon of Endor about this and are literally counting the days down to July... But there are people (some people, who couldnt care less about X-Files - apparently these people exist as do people who SHOCK HORROR haven't seen/nor wish to see any and or all of the Star Wars Films, like OH MY GOD the travesty of it all)

Different Fandoms have different likes/dislikes and sometimes dependent on what our Fandom is we'll have a Geekgasm or not.

I've heard a lot of nice things about John Barrowman and a Friend of mine loves him to bits but he's someone I will smile at and say hello if I see him in passing but as I'm not familiar with his work I wont be getting his Autograph.

But the main thing is, this announcement has made a lot of people happy and thats what matters right?

Absolutely agree with this. Personally I'm thrilled with the announcement and feel its a real shame that people feel the need to share their dissapointment with everyone rather than respect people who have different interests.

I feel that this is how it was last year when Karen Gillan was first announced and there were people happy/indifferent towards such a big coup.

Then in February this Forum blew up as did Twitter when Gillian Anderson was first announced - there were loads of X-Files Fans who were extremely over the Forest Moon of Endor about this and are literally counting the days down to July... But there are people (some people, who couldnt care less about X-Files - apparently these people exist as do people who SHOCK HORROR haven't seen/nor wish to see any and or all of the Star Wars Films, like OH MY GOD the travesty of it all)

Different Fandoms have different likes/dislikes and sometimes dependent on what our Fandom is we'll have a Geekgasm or not.

I've heard a lot of nice things about John Barrowman and a Friend of mine loves him to bits but he's someone I will smile at and say hello if I see him in passing but as I'm not familiar with his work I wont be getting his Autograph.

But the main thing is, this announcement has made a lot of people happy and thats what matters right?

It was never stated that it was a first time signer.

True, but for an announcement saying there's going to be a big guest announcement in 2 days time and then it being John Barrowman really isn't very impressive. I still think the real big guest announcement is still to come.

True, but for an announcement saying there's going to be a big guest announcement in 2 days time and then it being John Barrowman really isn't very impressive. I still think the real big guest announcement is still to come.

showmasters have wrote above that this was the guest

JOHN BARROWMAN is a great guest. You are never going to please everyone. When I first started going to collectormania events six years ago I would of never guessed in meeting people like Patrick Stewart and Lenard Nimoy. Doctor Who fans are in for a treat this year with the richest of pickings.

Thanks again SM "BUZZIN"

Well there was a big build up for the sports guests but I was left somewhat disappointed with the announcements, so maybe JB IS the big name as Showmasters seem to suggest. As for the Sports guests, they do not seem to be as popular at these events anymore and I really can't see the same amount or quality of sports stars as we have had in the past which is very sad!