Big Guest Announcement Sunday night at 6pm

showmasters

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've discovered that they are filming Les Misérables not 20 miles from Milton Keynes, maybe Showmasters has secured Russell Crowe or someone like that!

I think Russell is is to unrealistic and he is more for LFACC if he wanted to a con

Most of the Guests people suggest (especially in Guest Suggestions) are far too unrealistic o the point that its actually laughable.

Well, won't you look like the silly one when Sylvester Stallone and Morgan Freeman walk in!!!

(you're right though, some are more pie shop in the sky than just pie in the sky)

By all means, I dont mind looking silly but sometimes its all about being wise and using a sense of realism over this.

Lets use a typical scenario that I've mentioned in one way or the other on here.

Harrison Ford:

It would be nice if Harrison did a convention over here, it really would and time and time again I see (naturally) that people want Harrison Ford to be at a convention - his Autograph is worth big bucks and at a signing in the states he would be in the hundreds whereas over here people balk at the price of someone like Mike Tyson or soon to be Gillian Anderson and start moaning about how much its going to be for an Autograph - yes, I've met Harrison Ford in person twice now and the three Autos I have from him are worth their weight in gold and IF thats IF he was ever to do a convention over here I would pay hundreds for another.

But that wont ever happen (i.e. IF he was ever to do a convention over here) I mean hey, if people want Harrison Ford to do a convention and expect him to be in the region of £25-35 then thats fine but it wont happen - ever.

Its always nice to speculate about which guests may grace us with their presence but there are guests and then there are Guests.

And then there are other people who couldn't care less if Harrison Ford walked through the door.

Everyone has their own idea of who they would like to see, and it's all supposed to be fun, otherwise they wouldn't say "guess who it is" they would just tell us!

I've discovered that they are filming Les Misérables not 20 miles from Milton Keynes, maybe Showmasters has secured Russell Crowe or someone like that!

I think Russell is is to unrealistic and he is more for LFACC if he wanted to a con

Most of the Guests people suggest (especially in Guest Suggestions) are far too unrealistic o the point that its actually laughable.

Well, won't you look like the silly one when Sylvester Stallone and Morgan Freeman walk in!!!

(you're right though, some are more pie shop in the sky than just pie in the sky)

By all means, I dont mind looking silly but sometimes its all about being wise and using a sense of realism over this.

Lets use a typical scenario that I've mentioned in one way or the other on here.

Harrison Ford:

It would be nice if Harrison did a convention over here, it really would and time and time again I see (naturally) that people want Harrison Ford to be at a convention - his Autograph is worth big bucks and at a signing in the states he would be in the hundreds whereas over here people balk at the price of someone like Mike Tyson or soon to be Gillian Anderson and start moaning about how much its going to be for an Autograph - yes, I've met Harrison Ford in person twice now and the three Autos I have from him are worth their weight in gold and IF thats IF he was ever to do a convention over here I would pay hundreds for another.

But that wont ever happen (i.e. IF he was ever to do a convention over here) I mean hey, if people want Harrison Ford to do a convention and expect him to be in the region of £25-35 then thats fine but it wont happen - ever.

Its always nice to speculate about which guests may grace us with their presence but there are guests and then there are Guests.

And then there are other people who couldn't care less if Harrison Ford walked through the door.

Everyone has their own idea of who they would like to see, and it's all supposed to be fun, otherwise they wouldn't say "guess who it is" they would just tell us!

These are the same people who dont see that Harrison Ford is the Worlds most famous and sought after Actor whos work and career spans at least three different Fandoms - most people would love to have the opportunity of just being in his presence.

And to be fair:

"And then there are other people who couldn't care less if Matt Smith/or any other Doctor walked through the door."

who do people think/hope its going to be?

Neil Patrick Harris or Elijah Wood, would be amazing!

Barney Stinson would be Legen..........Wait for it..........DARY!!!

“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

Everyone has their own idea of who they would like to see...

The point that KingRichard was trying to make is that people suggest guests that are just too unrealistic ...regardless of who or how many people actually want to meet them. Eg. Bruce Willis could be announced as a guest but he'd still be unrealistic no matter how many people actually were interested in meeting him. He would be an example of a high profile guest who's status you could not possibley deny. A TV actor like Matt Smith could be denied.

Edited by nicky

The point that KingRichard was trying to make is that people suggest guests that are just too unrealistic ...regardless of who or how many people actually want to meet them. Eg. Bruce Willis could be announced as a guest but he'd still be unrealistic no matter how many people actually were interested in meeting him. He would be an example of a high profile guest who's status you could not possibley deny. A TV actor like Matt Smith could be denied.

Matt who??

Thank you :) You've said what I've been banging on about for ages now in a much more succint way.

If this was Facebook I'd like your post.

I have nothing to support this at all but when I saw the topic the first thought that popped into my head was 'ah, they got Summer Glau'.

No rationale I know, but it would tie in with the other Sarah Connor guests, push the 'big name' button, and appeal to quite a few of us I'd imagine.

Edited by Starbuck's dad

Well so far what they left out are clues.

Not a first timer, either world or SM so it might be someone SM themselves have had before. BUT, big enough (or big enough now) to warrent this type of announcment.

I'd say someone like Summer Glau fits so far. She did an SM event and others before, but back when she was little-known. Now she's much bigger and would be a big draw so this sort of thread would fit :)