Autographs

Hi.

I just want to ask about the autographs.

Can we take something for the guest to sign, or do we just get a photo which they sign and provide?

I have never been before, so i don't understand the procedure.

Thank you!

Hi.

I just want to ask about the autographs.

Can we take something for the guest to sign, or do we just get a photo which they sign and provide?

I have never been before, so i don't understand the procedure.

Thank you!

Yes you can take your own item if you wish or pick up one of the free 10x8 photos at the event.

Just to add to last comment;if the picture you want signing is a specific one or perhaps from a show the guest is less well known for it maybe an idea to source a picture for yourself from somewhere else as there is no guarantee the event will have the exact photo you may want.

For example , at one event I went to with Armin Shimmerman as a guest only had photos of him as Quark , nothing from Buffy,Stargate,Boston Legal.

Provided the guest is happy to sign it, you can take anything.

Very, very occasionally they may decline to sign something but it's quite rare. I think mostly it's been with some of the female guests not signing playboy magazines, that kind of thing. But if there's a restriction like that there's usually advance notice.

Mostly, as others have said, DVD's, action figures etc are absolutely fine. I tend to stick with photos personally, occasional poster or DVD cover and sometimes I find my own photos to make sure I get something I know I'll like but there's usually a decent selection at the event and dealers to buy from if you need to.

• 1 month later...

Can I ask a few questions on this topic too please...

How many items can you bring for signing?

Do you get your queue ticket and pay for autographs on the day?

Sorry if these have been asked before!! Thanks!!

If the virtual queue system is in operation you can get 5 autographs. If you want more than that you'd have to get another ticket and get in line again after you went through. Not all lines are on that system though, in those cases there is no limit on autographs.

You can only get the tickets on the day, yes. Autographs are paid for when you join the line (unless you want to pay by card, then you'd buy your vouchers at the sales table first). The price is per signature, so if you want 5 autographs you'd pay the signing fee 5 times.

If we bring our own photo for the guest to sign can we still take the 10x8 photo that is available? Also, if i write on a piece of paper what i want Hayden Panettiere to write on my autograph, will she be able to do it?

Sorry if these questions have been answered somewhere else

(:

If we bring our own photo for the guest to sign can we still take the 10x8 photo that is available? Also, if i write on a piece of paper what i want Hayden Panettiere to write on my autograph, will she be able to do it?

Sorry if these questions have been answered somewhere else

(:

Yes i believe you can, Because the price you pay for her autograph includes an 8x10. She may do that, i want the Same thing, we Will know on the day :)

Yes, you can take the picture.

Normally it is not a problem that you can ask the guest to put a specific dedication or a quote on the photo. But sometimes this is stopped (mostly along with no personalisations).

Perfect time for me to ask this.

I (on most of the pieces I'm taking for Gillian) would very much prefer a dedication or indeed a personalisation, this would also give the impression that I'm a Fan (as most people on this forum/Twitter will realise) as opposed to dealers.

The thing is, I know all too well that the likelihood of Gillian personalising is not very high due to time constraints and what have you, but I wish to give the impression that those that I have Autographed will be there taking pride of place in my Home... Rather than on ebay or wherever else dealers sell their stuff.

If Gillian is doing no personalisations there will be signs up. I am not expecting her to be doing them personally. But who knows, we may be pleasantly surprised.

And I am sure with that amount of fans showing up and especially if you are cosplaying Mulder no one's first thought will be "OMG, this is going to ebay." ;)

• Like 1

I'm just going to ask her to personalise my script. I know it's a long shot, but more likely than her doing it on everything.

To be honest I'd actually be rather surprised if she was personalising. Mostly the big guests are so busy they don't personalise, especially if only there one day. Karen didn't last year, David Tennant didn't at EMS either. I know they try and allow it if possible but mostly the big popular guests don't.

I could of course be very wrong and she will be but don't be too disappointed if she isn't and I always go with the assumption that they won't be personalising so I can be happy if they are.

Crazy idea, but you could just tell her what a big fan you are and that they'll be taking pride of place at home? :whistling:

I'd like to. In fact didnt think of the last bit. :)

If Gillian is doing no personalisations there will be signs up. I am not expecting her to be doing them personally. But who knows, we may be pleasantly surprised.

And I am sure with that amount of fans showing up and especially if you are cosplaying Mulder no one's first thought will be "OMG, this is going to ebay." ;)

I doubt she'll be doing personalisations either, if she does it would be nice but 90% of me doesn't expect it. True.

Just like to give the right impression to people, and especially such an esteemed Actress. :) X

To be honest I'd actually be rather surprised if she was personalising. Mostly the big guests are so busy they don't personalise, especially if only there one day. Karen didn't last year, David Tennant didn't at EMS either. I know they try and allow it if possible but mostly the big popular guests don't.

I could of course be very wrong and she will be but don't be too disappointed if she isn't and I always go with the assumption that they won't be personalising so I can be happy if they are.

Yeah I'm expecting no personalising or photos, but I like to have a bit of hope haha

Yeah I'm expecting no personalising or photos, but I like to have a bit of hope haha

You never know until you get there. Unfortunately it doesn't always happen and there will probably be people complaining about it afterwards if it doesn't. As I always say, it's a nice bonus if the guest does personalise but I'm just as happy to get the autograph in person and know it's genuine and have the opportunity to meet the guest (however briefly).

You never know until you get there. Unfortunately it doesn't always happen and there will probably be people complaining about it afterwards if it doesn't. As I always say, it's a nice bonus if the guest does personalise but I'm just as happy to get the autograph in person and know it's genuine and have the opportunity to meet the guest (however briefly).

I'll be over the moon just meeting one of my all time favourite stars, so nothing I could possibly complain about. But I guess you can't please everyone.

Personally, I would love something personalised if it happens, but if it doesn't it will be obvious why (the scrum for tickets being a clue in Gillian's case :lol: and any real fan like Murph and I will be happy to have had the opportunity to meet someone so important to us.

Thanks for the confirmation that we can take a 10x8 photo even if we get something else signed.

I have an official "I Want To Believe" poster which I found via a good amazonian person, which I am aiming to get signed providing I can carry it around with me. It's rather bigger than 10x8 so will be a nightmare to carry though, but Gillian would have LOTS of space and no excuse not to write something witty on it :whistling: .

• Like 1

Personally, I would love something personalised if it happens, but if it doesn't it will be obvious why (the scrum for tickets being a clue in Gillian's case :lol: and any real fan like Murph KingRichard76 and I will be happy to have had the opportunity to meet someone so important to us.

Thanks for the confirmation that we can take a 10x8 photo even if we get something else signed.

I have an official "I Want To Believe" poster which I found via a good amazonian person, which I am aiming to get signed providing I can carry it around with me. It's rather bigger than 10x8 so will be a nightmare to carry though, but Gillian would have LOTS of space and no excuse not to write something witty on it :whistling: .

Edited for perfection :)

Edited by KingRichard76

Personally, I would love something personalised if it happens, but if it doesn't it will be obvious why (the scrum for tickets being a clue in Gillian's case :lol: and any real fan like Murph KingRichard76 xxc and I will be happy to have had the opportunity to meet someone so important to us.

Fixed for obvious "typo"

• Like 1