• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My twin sister and I are considering coming as the Alices from the Original Series episode 'I, Mudd'. Nothing's final yet though,

I know what you mean, I'm going to get some costumes but it will be the first time of wearing them for me also! I feel like you too about sizing.

I'll be in my TOS skant security (YES I KNOW, DON'T SAY IT!!! ) dress and Enterprise jumpsuit. I'll probably alternate over the weekend, but would love to have three costumes, or being different sp

trying to find reasonably priced costumes for the events, looked at the ebay ones but not sure about measuring myself... and the cost for 2 - 3, anyone know a cheaper / good alternative....??

• 2 weeks later...

im only dressing up for the parties. The first will be the black alternative uniform for Kirk from the 2009 film with replica communicator and phaser form the film. If theres a second party, im considering the Black Cadet uniform from the film also....

My last Star Trek Con was back in 86 or there about used to wear,my TWOK uniform but won't fit me now :( So going to have a new one made just trying to get the bits and piece's,also going to have second uniform made 1st season wrap around :D,just a pain trying to get the boots calf lenght ones.

Ive sorted my costume out on Ebay. TWOK uniform. Always loved this version and finally this event has convinced me for the first time to "Live for the moment" and join the fun with everyone else. I can't wait!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Hey all!

We've got a page set up where a load of us are swapping resources and ideas for costumes, and generally seeing each others costumes progress! Here's the link, and I hope to see you there :D

http://www.facebook....44421032285667/

I'm also going Bajoran - very excited :P

Will take a look at the FB group as I'm thinking about getting a costume and all advice appreciated.

• Like 1

I've been looking on eBay for costumes and all the ladies costumes are skinny mini sizes (6-8 or 8-10). Do they think us bigger girls don't want to dress up (and I'm only a 12-14, so not huge).

Thinkgeek.com do a normal size dress in Red and Blue, and yes i'm sick of seeing size 6 and 8.

• Like 1

As this is my first star trek convention I purchased a generic red star trek dress. I'm not sure i'll put it on though. I'm going on my own and that sort of thing takes courage, lol.

I know what you mean, I'm going to get some costumes but it will be the first time of wearing them for me also! I feel like you too about sizing.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I'm hoping to go in TOS science blue, but with a skirt instead of trousers. I was thinking of maybe being Vulcan, but I've never been to any sort of Star Trek event and I'm worried people might not like it since there isn't much indication to any other Vulcans in Star Fleet during TOS and they may think it's out of place, especially with a skirt? What do you guys think?

I wanted to ask here since a lot of you seem to have been to these sort of events before and have a lot more knowledge then me. I'll be going alone so I don't to feel out of place the whole time. :blush:

I was also thinking of maybe doing an Orion Slave girl costume, like the one seen in The Cage because body paint is the one thing I'm actually fairly good at!

I don't think there will be that many people that will be that picky - besides, TOS was such a small snapshot of early Starfleet from the point of view of the Enterprise, who knows what crews other ships had?

I don't think there will be that many people that will be that picky - besides, TOS was such a small snapshot of early Starfleet from the point of view of the Enterprise, who knows what crews other ships had?

I agree. Spock was noted as being the first Vulcan who joined and served in Star Fleet, but that does not mean that by the time of TOS, there were not more. I don't recall any specific reference to him being the only Vulcan at that time - but I stand to be corrected.

Anyway, you'd probably be a hit as an Orion girl, if you choose that instead - or as well.

I'm going as a TOS Science Officer (minidress - if I can get enough time on the treadmill before then! :) ) with Vulcan ears - basically to get into the Klingon party afterwards. It says Klingon regalia or "Aliens" so...

I'm going as a TOS Science Officer (minidress - if I can get enough time on the treadmill before then! :) ) with Vulcan ears - basically to get into the Klingon party afterwards. It says Klingon regalia or "Aliens" so...

We've had that debate about the level of 'enforcement' or strictness the parties will have over dress code and you don't need to worry. The dress code is being encouraged rather than enforced.

If you don't wear a cossy, use common sense and dress for a party - but don't let me put you off the idea you suggest. It sounds fine to me. :coolthumb:

We have been very excited about creating our costumes! Been doing lots of research on how to get everything looking spot on!

I'm going as a Bajoran for the Saturday day. Have been looking up pictures of Lita to base it all on. Made myself an awesome earring with loads of parts found on eBay, has turned out better than I expected! Picture: http://instagram.com/p/M0d6jwSqkO/

Gonna go with matching dress, tights and boots.... they must all match to be Star Trek fashion! For the nose it seems nose putty like what can be used to create broken nose looks is a good bet. There's a few tutorials on youtube for putty broken noses, my theory is to just adapt by moulding the ridges in using a little tool (something like a nail orange stick). I'm gonna see how well it works and stays on by sitting at home being a Bajoran for a day, ha.

For Saturday's TNG party I'm thinking of getting one of the skants, in science blue :)

Still undecided for the Friday/Friday night/Sunday.... May have a casual day by making a TNG themed t-shirt dress by cutting two up and attaching them together. May be appreciated on the Sunday after a long weekend of Trek fun!

For my boyfriend we've made him a DS9/Nemesis uniform using the pattern from Roddenbery.com. Hard work but excellent results! Definitely needed the help of a seasoned dressmaker to figure it out though.

Well excited for October, can't wait! :dance:

• Like 1
For my boyfriend we've made him a DS9/Nemesis uniform using the pattern from Roddenbery.com. Hard work but excellent results! Definitely needed the help of a seasoned dressmaker to figure it out though.

If that's the uniform that is in my avatar, I would be very interested in hearing more about that, as I may do the same.

If it's too much information for a forum post, you can email me at radiojammor at gmail dot com. Thanks!

If that's the uniform that is in my avatar, I would be very interested in hearing more about that, as I may do the same.

If it's too much information for a forum post, you can email me at radiojammor at gmail dot com. Thanks!

Yes, that's the same uniform! The pattern is for the jumpsuit but tells you to cut it in half for the jacket and pants version. It doesn't really give you very good information on how to fix it all together and the finer details of it. Luckily my boyfriend's mum is quite skilled at dressmaking and knew how to decipher the instructions and add anything that seemed to be missing.

We also had a problem finding the grey material for the top. The stuff it's actually made from (a wool elastique/cavalry twill) is very expensive and hard to source. But we found an ok substitute just in Boyes, if you have any of those shops where you are? Also the pattern doesn't include the undershirt/tunic, a separate pattern must be bought for that.

I found this forum quite good for information and pictures/measurements of detail to work from: http://starfleet1701st.yuku.com/forums/83/DS9-NEM-Star-Trek-Deep-Space-9-Star-Trek-

If you have good knowledge of dressmaking or can find someone to help it's a brilliant way of getting a uniform for cheaper, but the pattern is a bit ambitious for someone new to it.

I hope that helps! :smile:

• Like 1