Hey all!

How many people are dressing up and what as??!

I've ordered a voyager medical uniform from 'cosplayying' has anyone used these guys before? If so, opinions please?

LLAP

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My twin sister and I are considering coming as the Alices from the Original Series episode 'I, Mudd'. Nothing's final yet though,

I know what you mean, I'm going to get some costumes but it will be the first time of wearing them for me also! I feel like you too about sizing.

I'll be in my TOS skant security (YES I KNOW, DON'T SAY IT!!! ) dress and Enterprise jumpsuit. I'll probably alternate over the weekend, but would love to have three costumes, or being different sp

A friend of mine has used that seller before but not for a Star Trek costume. They seemed happy with the product, though! :D

I'm still working out which ideas to go with but B'Elanna is definitely on my list if I can sort out the forehead prosthetic!

Make-up isn't my strong point but there's lots of time to practice before the event! :D Anything past fake scar tissue is beyond me!

I just had a look at their uniforms and they look pretty good! I'm sure somebody on here will have used them before and will be able to give you a better idea of the quality.

So far my plan is:

Friday Day: TOS Ops Red

Friday Party: Borg

Saturday Day: FC Command Red

Saturday Party: TOS Science Blue

Sunday Day: FC Science Blue

Obviously will change depending on whetehr we do get 2 parties or just the one, and my budget lol And if I'm happy with how the Borg one turns out. I have the FC blue and red already, just the others I need.

• Like 2

I've used that seller before (off ebay from China, yes?) and they were good; actually ended up sending something better than what they'd promised. I can't actually measure myself, so it didn't work out as well as I'd hoped (the shoulders were huge) but that's really me, not them.

I'll be in 2009 cadet dress uniform at least one of the days.

Yep, them's the ones :D

I need to re-measure myself for the new ones, make sure they are very nicely fitted.

Did you get caught for big charges vat import duty etc?

Nope, just the postage they list.

Only time I've paid anything like that was a heavy-ish medium sized box from the US via FedEx. But the company did say you had to pick up anything it incurred.

The costume stuff comes small enough and as it's clothing, is light enough, to not get done I think.

Also might not apply to all countries, hence places like Hong Kong doing lots of ebay business.

It might be included in the postage or something? I didn't have to pay extra VAT or anything. (Which is a relief, because it adds like three days to the process while the package sits in the Midlands somewhere waiting for the local postman to deliver the form...)

It might be included in the postage or something? I didn't have to pay extra VAT or anything. (Which is a relief, because it adds like three days to the process while the package sits in the Midlands somewhere waiting for the local postman to deliver the form...)

Shouldn't get hit for VAT import costs unless it's over like £40 or something if I remember correctly, and even then you sometimes get lucky :)

Im looking for someone who can make me a dress uniform from Voyager. But as a back up I ordered a 'Deluxe red command jumpsuit (TNG)' from Signature Costume (they sell on Amazon but go direct and you wont have to pay postage) for £39.99 I got this because it was one of the few things that might actually fit me (not much around for a size 6), but because it was so cheap I half expected Id be sending it back.

Im not, it arrived today, is decent quality and fits beautifully, Im really impressed. Comes with plastic com badge I will probably replace but the full set of pips are quality metal. Could be worth a look for those wanting a budget costume, they do all sizes.

On the downside the TOS captains costume I got for my lad was the biggest 8-10 Ive ever seen, fits a small adult. Amazon will be getting that back.

Im planning on one of the days to go as Voyager's Security Officer. I have a gold Uniform and im planning to buy a phaser and a tri corder.

Im also hoping to get a dress uniform made.. so i can go to one of the parties in Formal Attire.

Im not sure if im gonna bring another costume. Pending room in my suitcase!!

i was planning to do a borg hence the user name but i can't afford him at moment, that said i have just bought a tng red shirt with studs, badge and phaser for £25 so thats one. also planing to bring something that will probably either get me lynched or loved.

I'll be in my TOS skant security (YES I KNOW, DON'T SAY IT!!! :lol: ) dress and Enterprise jumpsuit. I'll probably alternate over the weekend, but would love to have three costumes, or being different species in the same costumes. Problem is, I tried being an Orion Slave Girl once and found out the hard way that I don't get on with body paint :(:blush: I'd love to be an Andorian and even figured out how to get the antennae to wiggle.

Maybe I'll have a crack at being a Vulcan for one day. I have the ears, just never got around to faffing around with silicon and theatrical makeup. :huh:

But what to wear for the party?????

Edited by BrandyD
  • Like 2

If anyone knows where I can get a reasonably priced and accurate phase pistol for my Enterprise costume I'd be grateful. The cheapest I've seen is £100 and although I do spend a lot on costumes/props for fundraising and charity events even I have my limits! :blush:

I've looked at Amazon, eekbay, Roddenberry.com, Forbidden Planet etc and just wondered if I'm missing a trick anywhere. I'm also looking for a decent universal translator.

P226_2_3.jpg

Ta!

Edited by BrandyD