What time is everyone getting there?

UKscout

As I'm staying at the Ibis just wanted to know who will be queuing up out side Elstree Studios early?

Just want to make sure I'm not the only muppet queuing up :WAVE:

i will be there after 8am. it's not going to be like other SM events where 1000's turn up. i was under the impression that this event is only a few hundred, so no neec to rush, queue ect

It's walking distance but not a quick walk, maybe 15-20 minutes, possibly a little more? Basically from the station you keep going straight, past Tesco and the Studios and keep going. Personally I'd pick up a taxi at the station, especially if you have bags. There'll probably be a bus you can take from the Station but I'm afraid I have no clue about those, I never use them.

Edited by jael001

Staying at Premier Inn - doesn't look too far on the map so not too early a start !

I also thought there were only a handful (relatively speaking) of tickets so hopefully there won't be a mad rush - no hobbits there anyway so should be OK.

At the moment I'm not too sure, I wish to leave home around 05:50 ish to get the 06:00 Train etc etc I plan to exit Elstree and Borehamwood Station at around 08:00 but do want to take a few snaps of Harrison Fords star outside the Station - then will either freak out everyone on the bus with my Yoda (still not sure if I'm going to be wearing my Yoda mask) and get to the gates sometime before 08:45.

*Synchronises watch*

It's walking distance but not a quick walk, maybe 15-20 minutes, possibly a little more? Basically from the station you keep going straight, past Tesco and the Studios and keep going. Personally I'd pick up a taxi at the station, especially if you have bags. There'll probably be a bus you can take from the Station but I'm afraid I have no clue about those, I never use them.

Me and my fiancé are also staying at the prem', are you staying fri/sat both nights? If there's enough of us going it might be worthwhile doing a cab share or all of us taking the bus or walking together? I know a few people are staying there and if none of us know the area that well, it might be better with safety in numbers : p

I wouldn't worry too much about safety, Borehamwood's a pretty safe neighbourhood, and it's one long straight road you need to go down so you can't get lost. But cab sharing and/or walking down together is always a good idea if you can arrange that.

I wouldn't worry too much about safety, Borehamwood's a pretty safe neighbourhood, and it's one long straight road you need to go down so you can't get lost. But cab sharing and/or walking down together is always a good idea if you can arrange that.

We just had to cancel our booking anyway as we can't afford the room and spends at the same time and my fiancé wants photoshoots now too lol so if anyone needed a place to stay and couldn't find a hotel vacancy there should be a double room available now at the prem down the road

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon at the Prem Inn. If i spot anyone who wants to get a taxi i could be tempted. Just see how it goes. I'm guessing there will be loads of people staying there who are going. Really looking forward to it now :-D Up early in the morning to get the train from Preston. See you guys there

You're thinking of the Travelodge yahweh70, there are 2 of those and 1 is on Studio Way. There is only 1 Premier Inn in Borehamwood, it's actually on Warwick Road but it's on the corner of Elstree Way and Warwick Road.

Edited by jael001

Im getting a train in from Eastleigh / Basingstoke / London Waterloo / London St Pancers / Elstree & Borehamwood so I will be in Borehamwood about 8:40am and at the studio just before 9. Thats if I dont get lost at the train stations or in Borehamwood.