Auction List

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Live Auction

The live auction being held at the Empire Day will take place round 2pm and will consist of some of the lots listed below.

If you cannot attend the event you will be able to place an absentee bid. It’s easy just email us and we will send you an absentee bidding form that you can fill out and return to us.

We will require a name, Address, Email, phone number, payment info (card number) and your permission to bid on your behalf up to your intended top bid at the auction. If no one bids over your top bid you will win the item. You will then bid on the next increment over the last counter bid Postage charges will be added at cost and collection can also be arranged at no cost.

There is not going to be any commission on this auction what you bid is what you will pay other than postage if required

Here is a list of some of the Items we will have in the auction. There are some great and rare items up for auction

More photos are available on the Kurtz/Joiner Archive facebook page HERE

LOT 1

Star Wars Lucasfilm Ltd headed envelope with Luke Skywalker Logo

Sold for £30

LOT2

Promo t-shirt for the opening of Star Wars at the Chinese Theater, Hollywood, Size Medium. Plus 2 of the promo badges given out that day. Shirt used but in good condition

Sold for £65

LOT 3

Very rare 20th Century Fox ‘coming soon’ teaser poster for The Empire Strikes Back coming on video for the first time in the UK. Size 11 ½ inch x 17 Inch. Very good condition

Sold for £40

LOT 4

20th Century Fox Return Of The Jedi special preview screening ticket for London Marble Arch, in fair condition

Sold for £45

LOT 5

Christmas Card for the Holiday of 1987, given out to crew on the Empire Strikes Back, with art by Ralph McQuarrie. EMI Film Studios printed on the back. Condition mint

Sold for £50

LOT 6

Compliments slip and envelope for The Empire Strikes Back with EMI Studio address. Condition mint

Sold for £30

LOT 7

The Art of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back first edition book from 1980, owned by Gary Kurtz and signed by the following at the time of publication:

Lorne Peterson, Mike Panerazio, Stuart Freeborn, Dennis Muren, Norman Reynolds, Bruce Nicholson, Joe Johnson, Richard Edlund, Nilo Rodis Jianero, Ralph McQuarrie and Phil Tippett.

Sold for £350

LOT 8

Industrial Light and Magic INC Magic Man sticker, one of the first items to be made with this logo on it. Mint condition, some light colour change to the back due to it being a sticker. Size 4 inches square

Sold for £25

LOT 9

The Empire Strikes Back sew on patch. An original production made version used for Norway Filming, not a later made copy. Mint condition.

Sold for £50

LOT 10

Letterheaded note paper with the words ‘from the desk of Gary Kurtz’ printed on it. Rare Item from the time of filming The Empire Strikes Back.

Sold for £25

LOT 11

Moving card from Lucasfilm Ltd, made for the relocation of ILM to 38ss Lancashire Boulevard. Printed by Black Falcon 1979, Mint condition and comes with its original envelope.

Sold for £160

LOT 12

20th Century Fox Star Wars Screening Ticket from May 21st 1977 at Century City, LA, USA, accompanied by a synopsis of the cast and crew of the film. Near mint condition.

Sold for £120

LOT 13

The Empire Strikes Back Japanese ‘Gone With The Wind’ art poster with film info on the back from 1980. Mint condition, sized 10 inches x 7 inches.

Plus The Empire Strikes Back Japanese photo montage poster sized as above. Rare and also in mint condition.

Sold for £20

LOT 14

Lucasfilm Ltd headed envelope, compliments slip and business card from around 1972, with the 8 Laurel Street address.

Sold for £50

LOT 15

A display with autographs of both Frank Oz and the late Jim Henson, signed in 1982. Mounted with an exclusive print from The Kurtz/Joiner Archive of Yoda, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy. Image is 16inches x 12inches.

Sold for £1350

LOT 16

Unfolded proof cover of the first edition Star Wars paperback book by Ballantine featuring Ralph McQuarrie pre-film art on the cover. Mint condition

Sold for £130

LOT 17

Large Krayt Dragon prop display with fragment over 2 ½ inches wide of the dinosaur bone. Prop recovered from Tunisia. Mounted in a large display with an image from the archive.

Sold for £180

LOT 18

Autograph display of Sir Alex Guinness with his signature framed with a 16 x 12 image.

Sold for £180

LOT 19

Autographed display of Michael Sheard with an image as Admiral Ozzell from Empire Strikes Back. Image size 16x12

Sold for £60

LOT 20

The Empire Strikes Back VIP studio passport used by visitors on entering the studio back in 1978 to 1979. This one’s unique number is 165. Very rare, mint condition.

Sold for £90

LOT 21

Very rare Star Wars mini poster for the screening on 25th May 1977 at the Avco Centre Westwood and the Chinese Theater, Hollywood. Near mint condition, very rare poster 10 inches x 7 ½ inches.

Sold for £70

LOT 22

Kenny Baker autograph on a rare photo of Kenny Baker as Darth Vader from The Kurtz/Joiner Archive. Kenny no longer signs this image. A rare chance to own this amazing, fun 8x10 photo, inscribed “Kenny Baker is Darth Vader”

Sold for £45

LOT 23

Screening ticket for the Royal charity premier of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, signed by Michael Sheard and inscribed A,H. Adolf Hitler, the character he played in the film. Near mint condition

Sold for £65

LOT 24

Large prop display containing a 2 ½ inch part of the roof of the Cantina, recovered from Tunisia. Mounted with an amazing image from the archive.

pulled

LOT 25

2 fruit props used in the Mos Espa Market scene during filming of Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.

Sold for £55

LOT 26

American 1979 Christmas Card from Lucasfilm Ltd with art by Ralph McQuarrie. envelope not included.

Sold for £55

LOT 27

ILM letterheaded paper. Rare. near mint.

Sold for £20

LOT 28

Very rare Lucas Film Ltd letterhead paper with very early embossed Logo. Very nice item from around 1973/1974.

Sold for £30

LOT 29

20th Century Fox Star Wars address Label Sticker with old style “W” on Logo, 1979. Mint.

Sold for £25

LOT 30

Rare Black Falcon Ltd Star Wars Envelope. The first one of these I have seen until now.

Sold for £20

LOT 31

Gary Kurtz’ Lucasfilm Ltd business card made for Japan with embossed logo. Very rare and nice item.

Sold for £15

LOT 32

Small ‘The Star Wars’ production sticker for use during filming. Used, mint, 3 inches long

Sold for £55

LOT 33

Large ‘The Star Wars’ production sticker for use during filming. Used, mint, 5 inches long

Sold for £55

LOT 34

Soldiers of the empire signed print, a limited edition of 100 posters signed by actors who played stormtroopers and producer Gary Kurtz. With an image from The Kurtz/Joiner Archive.

Sold for £200

LOT 35

The Empire Strikes Back special screening preview ticket for the Dominion Theatre, London on May 6th 1980. Slight crease in the middle of the card

Sold for £30

LOT 36

The Empire Strikes Back special screening preview ticket for cast and crew in Leicester Square, 4th Ma,y 1980.

Sold for £60

LOT 37

Rare Bantha Tracks Rebel Recruiter badge/button from 1979/1980, used for the fan club. Nice item, 2inch wide.

Sold for £25

LOT 38

Lucasfilm Ltd letterheaded paper and envelope from 1979/1980, with the Brown embossed logo. Very nice

Sold for £30

LOT 39

Lucasfilm Ltd business card without a name from around 1973 to 1976. Mint

Sold for £20

LOT 40

Gary Kurtz, Vice President business card from around 1973 to 1976. Mint

Sold for £30

LOT 41

Gary Kurtz business card with The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars logos. He used this card during production of The Empire Strikes Back. Mint

Sold for £50

LOT 42

Irvin Kershner autograph in mounted display, with 16x12 Image

Sold for £160

LOT 43

Bob Anderson autograph in mounted display, with 16x12 Image

Sold for £160

LOT 44

Star Wars style “D” mint poster

Sold for £325

LOT 45

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back poster style “A” mint poster

Sold for £200

LOT 46

Harrison Ford autograph, an early classic style signature (pre 1984), mounted with 16x12 image. A great full signature autograph.

Sold for £300

LOT 47

Peter Diamond autographed 8x10 photo as Tusken Raider

Sold for £50

LOT 48

Gill Taylor autograph on an exclusive image from The Kurtz/Joiner Archive.

Sold for £60

LOT 49

Harrison Ford autograph on an Indiana Jones 8x10 photo

pulled

LOT 50

James Earl Jones autograph in mounted display, with 16x12 Image

Sold for £140

Additional LOT 51

4 pieces of Empire Strikes Back stationary and business card

Sold for £60

auctionphoto1.jpg

auctionphoto2.jpg

auctionphoto3.jpg

2012_04_27_11_50_15.jpg

aac8as.jpg

Edited by showmasters

Just so I know during Auctions previously at Showmasters events do lots go up to over a hundred or even up to a thousand pounds? (Depending on the item)

I'm sorry to be analytical but if every single attendee attended the auction had a set amount of money would the bidding be really high?

- Never really attended an auction before and with almost 50 items I can only assume that this will be for serious collectors with serious cash? Or would it be for those of us who do cons and have a set modest budget -

Just a few concerns/questions etc I have :)

Just so I know during Auctions previously at Showmasters events do lots go up to over a hundred or even up to a thousand pounds? (Depending on the item)

I'm sorry to be analytical but if every single attendee attended the auction had a set amount of money would the bidding be really high?

- Never really attended an auction before and with almost 50 items I can only assume that this will be for serious collectors with serious cash? Or would it be for those of us who do cons and have a set modest budget -

Just a few concerns/questions etc I have :)

It depends on the items in question and it's value to the bidder. I have seen items go for £5 that I would have valued a lot higher, and vice versa.

Yes, items do reach 100's, and sometimes more.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi can you confirm there will be a viewing period before the auction starts

yes the will be and a letter for the kurtz /Joiner archive with every lot proving the history of the item

hope that helps

The money from this sale will help with some much needed new boxes and protective covers for some or the art and paperwork thats in the archive so thank you all in advance it all helps with what we are doing here ;)

jason ;)

I assume cards will be accepted? I know they have been at other events.

yes we can take cards on the day.

jason :P

• Showmasters Admin

More photos of auction items have been added to the Kurtz/Joiner facebook page HERE.

Very interested in Lots 24, 25, 37, and 47

Could you point out these on the photos please?

We don't have pictures for lot 24 or 47

Lot 25 is at the bottom of the middle picture, underneath the picture of Kenny Baker as Darth Vader

We'll try and get more pictures up later tonight.

Thanks

Lot 47 is misnamed

I've added Lot 11 to my list, please send me the required paperwork :-)

Alan

More photos of auction items have been added to the Kurtz/Joiner facebook page HERE.

Very interested in Lots 24, 25, 37, and 47

Could you point out these on the photos please?

We don't have pictures for lot 24 or 47

Lot 25 is at the bottom of the middle picture, underneath the picture of Kenny Baker as Darth Vader

We'll try and get more pictures up later tonight.

Thanks

Lot 47 is misnamed

I've added Lot 11 to my list, please send me the required paperwork :-)

Alan

You will need to e-mail your info, info@showmastersonline.com

If you cannot attend the event you will be able to place an absentee bid. It’s easy just email us and we will send you an absentee bidding form that you can fill out and return to us.

We will require a name, Address, Email, phone number, payment info (card number) and your permission to bid on your behalf up to your intended top bid at the auction.

Went before the auction - would be interested to know what things went for ....

The biggest thing, the Frank Oz and Jim Henson Autograph went up to and over £1,000 I think it went for £1,500?

Alec Guinness Autograph went for less than £200

But I always knew that the Henson/Oz Auto would be the big one.

Harrison Fords Auto was also one of the expensive lots.

Most of the items went for less than £100.

• Showmasters Admin

I have now updated the auction list in the first post with realised prices.

We would like to add a big thank you to everyone who took part. The money raised will be of great help with storage and restoration of items in the Kurtz/Joiner Archive.

we came in part way through the auction and was wondering what we missed and how much they went for, so thank you for posting the complete list. The Passport was a very cool little item, if one comes up next year i may put in an absentee bid for it! :D