Cosplay SG1 or SGU uniforms

bondy25

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get an SG1 or SGU uniform for Chevron and I was wondering if any of you lot would know somewhere cheap as I have searched the internet and the ones on sale on the likes of Ebay look pants!!

Any help would be possible!!

John

I guess it depends on what particular type of BDU you want. Is it the military uniform you're looking for? If so the best places to look would be army surplus and military dealers. US stuff can be pretty hard to get hold of but black battle dress uniform and tac vests can be bought in most army surplus stores.

Terri

I think (as someone who shows vehicles at military shows and owns lots of army surplus) that their uniforms have been tweaked a bit. I don't know that much about US uniforms other that the Marpat (Marine Pattern Pixxilated) ones which I own a couple of pairs of camo trousers from. There are very specific styles, I know that the USAF had a specific version of Marpat for them! All in all it makes things very difficult people like us who want to Cosplay!

This is a pretty good website - I've got stuff from them - very efficient - not cheap though. http://www.asmc.de/

Terri

Hi there,

If you are looking for a cheapish SGU uniform I can recommend the USAF ABU(air force battle uniform) Its the one that looks like a digital tigerstripe. You can pick up the shirt for about £15 on ebay and the trousers vary from £20 to £35 but I just wait for the stuff to come up cheap - plenty of time till the con.

Another option is the desert marpat which can be got on ebay - the copies are fairly cheap.....

I have got most of the uniforms (sad I know lol) and just wait it out on ebay and grab them cheap - takes a bit of perserverance and time but I got my mates gear cheap the last couple of times :)

Hi there,

If you are looking for a cheapish SGU uniform I can recommend the USAF ABU(air force battle uniform) Its the one that looks like a digital tigerstripe. You can pick up the shirt for about £15 on ebay and the trousers vary from £20 to £35 but I just wait for the stuff to come up cheap - plenty of time till the con.

Another option is the desert marpat which can be got on ebay - the copies are fairly cheap.....

I have got most of the uniforms (sad I know lol) and just wait it out on ebay and grab them cheap - takes a bit of perserverance and time but I got my mates gear cheap the last couple of times :)

Im crap at the army uniforms.. but yeah cheapish is good for me lol!!! I did find some uk suppliers but they were not accurate to the ones on tele.. but have been informed the tv one's have been altered anyway!!

In SGU the marpat and the ABU's are standard, as were the woodland marpats in Atlantis. In SG1 O'Neill etc wore WEP jackets which werent standard US military for the time nor were the Olive drab trousers which were an older pattern.

For a really comprehensive guide to SG uniforms check out

www.scifihero.net

Just click on the stargate page and spend many an evening learning things you didnt think you needed to know lol

Hey guys

My costume for chevron 7.8 was an easy put together one. I was Eli Wallace. You might have seen me there if you went to 7.8. At 7.9 though I plan on going as Eli again on either the Friday or the Saturday and then on the Sunday go as a standard SG1 soldier. You dont really need a specific SG1 or SGU uniform but just going as a SG soldier with the right patches and an airsoft gun and your sorted. You only need to go all out on costumes and that is if you have the time to look for them and the money. My military uniform only cost me overall about £80. Thats jacket, trousers, boots, webbing (vest). The weapon I already owned because of airsoft and I just need to get the helmet and patches.

By the way if any of you guys know where to get some SG1 military patches but not SG team patches can you post it on here please along with a helmet. I need one of them as well.

raiden58237

last time i went to collectormaina milton keynes they were selling a whole load of differents stargate patches- ones with earth symble on, ones with SG1 on them and others too. so if your going to collectormania 18 on 2nd june you should take a good look rtound the dealers room.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get an SG1 or SGU uniform for Chevron and I was wondering if any of you lot would know somewhere cheap as I have searched the internet and the ones on sale on the likes of Ebay look pants!!

Any help would be possible!!

John

Are you looking for a Tac Vest as there's a seller on Ebay that's selling some that look pretty damn good for the price! Name is Outdoor Seller and you can get them for less then £30.

Oh and forgot to add the patches are on Ebay from a seller called Destinyone.

Edited by wabit

• 2 months later...

Hey guys n girls. My SGC soldier cos is finished. If you were at LFCC then you most probs saw me in it. I had it on for 2 of the 3 days I was there. Even though the camo was only British DPM it still worked. You dont really need to be precise with cos play as long as it is close enough. The only time you need to be precise is when you get really picky people have a go at you and even then you can just turn round and say either "shut up" or "at least im trying unlike you". No one cared about me wearing British DPM at LFCC and no one will care at chevron. You do it mainly because you find it fun and to have a laugh with others. If you need help finding specific items for cosplay then add me on facebook (if it lets you). Im Richard Piskorz. I dont mind helping anyone find items for cosplay. I already got some items lined up for my next cosplay. If your on a specific budget let me know and I will do my best to help you :)