Hey All,

I - like most people, don't live near London, but want to stay the night on saturday in order to have some Klingon Ale and enjoy the party!

What times do the parties end? What's involved in the parties? Do we need to sort out accomodation or are you offering some services (such as busses to near by lodges etc) ?

Thanks.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally booked my hotel. It's all coming together now   Staying at the Crowne Plaza.

Hi Krupp, if you arrive Friday there'll be no problem, itscSat and Sunday the the DLR is scheduled to be closed. Ibis and Novotel are in the same blck I think?   Liam

I've booked a family room (for me and bro) at travel lodge excel £104 check in on Friday check out on Sunday :-)

Hi there. I've just booked my hotel room for a very reasonable £227 at the Premier Inn. For the Friday and Sunday prices were £55 and £63 (or something) respectively. For Saturday it was £109. Prices went up by £5 overnight as it was £223 last night.

I'm a long time user of Premier Inn all over the country and I've never had a bad night's sleep or a bad experience. It also has a restaurant, bar etc. Last night there were double rooms, now there are only Family Rooms so it seems they're going fast already.

Hey All,

I - like most people, don't live near London, but want to stay the night on saturday in order to have some Klingon Ale and enjoy the party!

What times do the parties end? What's involved in the parties? Do we need to sort out accomodation or are you offering some services (such as busses to near by lodges etc) ?

Thanks.

they wont need to arrange buses as there will be buses running all night. The tube stops about 1am so youll be able to get home fine.

I've booked a family room (for me and bro) at travel lodge excel £104 check in on Friday check out on Sunday :-)

Wow! What a bargain!

That's what I thought, so I snapped it up quickly. I have a feeling that hotels will fill up quickly especially once tickets go on general release

Wow! What a bargain!

Just keep in mind its two stops away on the DLR. Didn't realise myself until I booked it for myself and my son. Should be OK as it doesn't open until 21st August 2012.

I have the Ibis across the courtyard booked. £154 for 2 people for 2 nights (friday and saturday)

Pretty good for a room you can cancel up until the day (if needs be, always best to be prepared)

But yeah, these rates wont last once they find out a big event is going on :YAHOO:

Wow! What a bargain!

Just keep in mind its two stops away on the DLR. Didn't realise myself until I booked it for myself and my son. Should be OK as it doesn't open until 21st August 2012.

Haha see I didn't know this, shows I haven't researched it 😝 I think I shall find out know

Wow! What a bargain!

Haha see I didn't know this, shows I haven't researched it I think I shall find out know

Hi - are you sure about this? I booked it also, and to me it looks like its sat right between Custom House and Prince Regent DLR stations on their website, so a very short (few 100m?) walk away. Ah - but Dockside Road is further east - so their own website is wrong? 1016 Dockside road is even to the east of the Royal Albert DLR!

Edited by niceblokejohn

Wow! What a bargain!

Haha see I didn't know this, shows I haven't researched it �� I think I shall find out know

Hi - are you sure about this? I booked it also, and to me it looks like its sat right between Custom House and Prince Regent DLR stations on their website, so a very short (few 100m?) walk away. Ah - but Dockside Road is further east - so their own website is wrong? 1016 Dockside road is even to the east of the Royal Albert DLR!

Going by the address and their directions the location is to the east of Excel. Their directions: Directions supplied by Travelodge

From A406 take signs to Excel and London City Airport, pass the DLR stations Cyprus and Beckton Park, then the Travelodge will be on the left hand side

Also the address places them next to Royal Albert Dock Station?

Well, at least it seems a few of us are staying there so we can always trip there together :-)

Sounds good to me! We'll need to organise our own Trek themed party!

Wow! What a bargain!

I booked Travelodge too, check in on Friday , Check out on Sunday, including a breakfast on Saturday and Sunday as well as dinner on Friday and Saturday, altogether it came down to £142 which is pretty good considering that in most hotels around the Excel it will cost you around £160 just for the accommodation and no food. The only downside is that it's quite a bit away from Excel which might be a bit problematic if you don't have a car like me, but hell I can walk.

I've been keeping an eye on the prices for the Custom House Hotel. Last week (when I booked), it was £50 for Friday and Saturday, £60 for Sunday. Last night, it had gone up by £30 per night. Looks like others close to the Excel are filling up fast, too.

Wow! What a bargain!

I booked Travelodge too, check in on Friday , Check out on Sunday, including a breakfast on Saturday and Sunday as well as dinner on Friday and Saturday, altogether it came down to £142 which is pretty good considering that in most hotels around the Excel it will cost you around £160 just for the accommodation and no food. The only downside is that it's quite a bit away from Excel which might be a bit problematic if you don't have a car like me, but hell I can walk.

by the sounds of it, there are quite a few of us staying in this travelodge, so we can all walk together :smile:)

Wow! What a bargain!

by the sounds of it, there are quite a few of us staying in this travelodge, so we can all walk together B))

Looks like I'll be alone at the Hilton. Unless this is where the guests stay :smile: